a plain jane roll of BU 64 Kennedys trades at $307

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

a plain jane roll of BU 64 Kennedys trades at $307

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:36 am

on the surface, that would be a "so what?"....but you look at that crooked joke they call the comex, silver trading between 28 and 29.....then you go into the REAL market....Ebay, 90%'ers.....and this Kennedy 64 Roll, which i call "plain jane" was really a BU roll......7.23 toz of silver trades at 307......and that ROUGHLY prices silver at $43 an ounce...YES, of course, we're talking retail, fractionalized silver....and that 307 is NOT an anamoly....Franklins NOW are regularly trading 40's times face...50's era solid date rolls.

and i havent seen that many rolls of 40% Kennedy's (1965-70)....i do thank God, that during the 2nd thru 4th quarter of 2011, i probably bought a majority of Kenn 40 rolls, that were even offered, that was right after the run to 50, and believe or not, i wasnt paying toohigh premium....THAT is what drew me to them....before that, i sniffed at them, until i saw there was little interest, and the fact each coin contains almost a fifth of an ounce of silver...AND even in a circ state, there's not a TREMENDOUS amount wear at all...now, you rarely see them....

,,,and i always watch, every 90 and 40 roll that comes down the pike on Ebay, just to see where they trade. i made a personal desicion, i have NO control over what organizations much larger than myself DO, like say, the Fed, which is our central bank, the gummint, Treasury, the whole lot of them......i cant control THEM...obviously...none of us can, right?....BUT, it was at that moment, i realized, i can control myself, (lol...yes i can) and everything up on this acreage. (not the weather, and not God, but He's in control overall, Which is Good, but He also dispenses any wisdom or revelation we have......these is a such a case)

so just thinking, while laying bed, last week, i decided I am going to be MY OWN CENTRAL BANK....that might, at first blush, seem stupid, but just hear me. You see these poor folks in Cyprus, lining up outside ATMS for a LIMITED amount of PAPER fiat...money, right?....THEY had trusted an institution, that betrayed that trust....a bank...or the banks, banking system, Central bankers....and now they have lost control of anything, totally at the mercy of forces and institutions, way beyond their power.

So, i look at their situation, and derive a lesson from that, and came to an enormous revelation.start thinking of myself, and family up here, LIKE A NATION....(and i'm NOT talking that 'sovereign citizen" stuff, that, imho, is just asking to be banged)

Remember how we all said to each other, "we gotta keep an amount of cash around in case of any contingency"..? remember?

as Chairman of the "CBON" (Central bank of.....neil...LOL) i'm of the opinion that holding PAPER fiat will not be the policy of this bank, the currency reserves held will be in the lowly nickel, specifically $100 face value boxes of fifty rolls, $2 each, a 75/25 cupro-nickel coin which has maintained instrinsic value, based on 2012 revenues, CBON current holdings equal approx 1.5% of yearly revenues. With that in mind, CBON will endeavor to take this figure of currency holdings up to 4-5% of yearly revenues by the end of 3rd quarter 2013, and a target of increasing said currency holdings by 1% very quarter, until debasement....at which time, new currency accumulations will be 2%, every quarter, laymens terms.......at that time, i get bricks of nickels to rip open every one of those fifty $2 rolls to dig out the "old" 75/25 nickels, and return the "new" debased nickel, until it appears this effort is just a waste of time.

Since CBON PM holdings equal over 120% of yearly revenue, attention will be paid to taking the amount of short term debt, which equals 22% of yearly revenues, said debt accumululated to purchase PM holdings, and by the end of 4th quarter 2013 taking this figure down to 10% of yearly revenue...with the aim of short term debt being 0% of yearly revenues by 2nd to 3rd quarter 2014, while maintaining PM holdings at the current levels, such % levels can be confidently be assumed in real dollar terms, to possibly increase to 160 to 220% of yearly revenues. Held currency reserves should equal at the very least 6% of yearly revenues at the end of FY2013.

based on these projections, the CBON projects for the end of FY2013

PM holdings----120% plus of YR
Short Term debt-----10% of YR
Currency reserves----6% of YR

defense spending will remain flat in FY2013. Agriculture spending will increase to 2% of 2013 yearly revenues, which includes the new sheep fold and livestock, plus a new greenhouse. Expenditures will be offset by the end of FY2013.

You see?......be your "Central Bank"....its a liberating feeling...just give it a try!

most fondly yours, neil Chairman, CBON (laughing!)
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: a plain jane roll of BU 64 Kennedys trades at $307

Postby beauanderos » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 am

Dear Chairman... when can you start issuing the new 2014 paper nickels? I don't accept wooden ones :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby barrytrot » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:26 am

Sounds cool. And actually a lot of fun :)
barrytrot

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:37 am

My central Bank (Bank of Rodebaugh) has just issued a confiscation order of 2% of my account holdings. Beer expense for the officers.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:55 am

beauanderos wrote:Dear Chairman... when can you start issuing the new 2014 paper nickels? I don't accept wooden ones :mrgreen:

at this time, the CBON's base currency is the 75/25 cupro-nickel coinage, and we do not anticipate issuance certificates. Regarding "wood", this falls under our Dept of Energy, which during the last Dept meeting, yesterday to be precise, set firewood targets of 200% of the 2012 crop requirements. Sales of wood energy products( Farwood) has been suspended, due to the imperatives of the SFR (strategic farwood reserve)

thank you for your interest. yes, thank you.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:03 am

Rodebaugh wrote:My central Bank (Bank of Rodebaugh) has just issued a confiscation order of 2% of my account holdings. Beer expense for the officers.

for FY2013, the CBON does have an interest in a bank to bank purchase of a $10FV roll of .999 RodeeRolos (tm), however it has proved impossible to find an unencumbered roll.

As far as liquor purchases, the CBON has a no liquor policy due to the Chairmans bad luck,ie, when under the influence, "things" either catch fire, or explode. Policy directives have been adjusted, so that this chance occurance of "damage" to facilities, (loss due to fire and/or explosion) need not be expierenced by the CBON, hence a "dry" policy has been enacted.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:24 am

CBOM (central bank of me) acknowledges the prudence and wisdom of the policies of the CBON and has aligned internally with many of them, including recent heightened acquisition of 40%.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:26 am

neilgin1 wrote:
Rodebaugh wrote:My central Bank (Bank of Rodebaugh) has just issued a confiscation order of 2% of my account holdings. Beer expense for the officers.

for FY2013, the CBON does have an interest in a bank to bank purchase of a $10FV roll of .999 RodeeRolos (tm), however it has proved impossible to find an unencumbered roll.

As far as liquor purchases, the CBON has a no liquor policy due to the Chairmans bad luck,ie, when under the influence, "things" either catch fire, or explode. Policy directives have been adjusted, so that this chance occurance of "damage" to facilities, (loss due to fire and/or explosion) need not be expierenced by the CBON, hence a "dry" policy has been enacted.

Thanks for spelling things out, neil, in your usually colorful way.

As a non-drinker I can appreciate your dry policy, but there is that "medicinal purposes" category out there that could be considered with potentially positive results.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals