Ryedale Penny Playground

Forum for discussing any topic related to investing in, collecting and saving US, Canadian, UK, and other Copper Bullion Pennies for their metal content.

Ryedale Penny Playground

Postby crbattery » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:30 pm

This is a little something I've been working on the past week. The first sort is a zinc sort with the sensitivity turned up fairly high. Second sort is a copper sort. Makes sense to me to get 75% of my zincs outa the way. I handsearch the zincs second zinc pail for old coins and foreign stuff. I have found that cold coins from the minnesota winter do not sort nerly as reliably as warm coins do. All outa time now but I will expalin more later.

Thanks

HH CR
Attachments
pp3.jpg
pp3.jpg (116.61 KiB) Viewed 881 times
pp2.jpg
pp2.jpg (127.69 KiB) Viewed 881 times
pp1.jpg
pp1.jpg (231.5 KiB) Viewed 881 times
crbattery

Re: Ryedale Penny Playground

Postby dakota1955 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:58 pm

any problems when the machine jambs?
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:04 pm

looks awesome. thanks for the pics. now we need a video :thumbup:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:19 pm

Beats the heck outa hot wheel track. Nice set up and welcome to the madness. Have you been sortin long and how did you find Real Cent?
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Numis Pam » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:41 am

Nice setup you have there! Welcome to RC! Look forward to hearing ...the rest of your story! :)
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:12 am

I'm a bit jealous of your setup, but think the base needs to be a little thicker. Half inch steel just doesn't seem sturdy enough! :lol:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Zincanator » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:07 pm

Oh man, that's got to be the coolest sorter I've ever seen! Makes me want to dust off my welder and try to fab up something.

+1 on the video request too.

What guage sheet metal are you using?
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby hobo finds » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Call it the Ryedale slide :clap:
hobo finds

Postby slickeast » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:21 pm

hobo finds wrote:Call it the Ryedale slide :clap:

Or the Ryedale amusement park.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby crbattery » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:51 am

I have been sorting for about two months. I started as a hand-sorter than became a hand-sorter using a digi scale. I was looking for a faster way for a couple days when I found a video on YouTube of this guy with two wicked fast sorters. I knew I had to have one to make sorting pennies worthwhile given my busy schedule. I contacted him and ended up buying one of his Ryedales. That same week I purchased a Ryedale Automaxx directly from Andy. I also bought a Coinmate 2000 counter a couple weeks ago after a major discrepancy at one of my dump banks.

I crunched some numbers last night and I have sorted 132 boxes, $20 of loose rolls and bought $12 and some odd cents worth of coppers from my girlfriends dad. I know I have 9 pails of keepers with $110 in each pail. I will figure out excatly what I have as not all the keepers have been counted yet.

I am on 16 box per week pickup schedule from just one CU. I've been with that CU for several years and they are extremely nice folks there.

I ran 17 boxes and a few loose rolls through the Ryedale Amusement park yesterday. I just ran all my zincs through the counter. I have $311.76 of returns from yesterdays sort.

I am uploading a 7 minute video i took yesterday of the Ryedales in action. I will post a link for it once it finishes uploading. I may have to post the link later as it says 40? minutes remaining and I have to leave for Easter at my Gmas soon.

The frame work is all 1/2'' 1/2'' x 1/8'' angle iron. The sheet and slides are made of 16GA 304 Stainless. I have worked at a local steel fab shop for 11 years and am the sole operator of a 5x10 Torchmate Plasma table. I do 95% of the cad drawing for the table as well. Self taught using the operators manual and some quick tips from the torchmate folks. They are very nice folks as well!

I found Realcent when I was researching penny hoarding. I am a member of TNET as well. One of the Realcent folks recommended another Tnet member to come over to Realcent. I had checked it out before but became a member probably 1 week after I found it.

I want to thank everyone here on Realcent for the wonderful information and attitudes you all have. This "hobby" is a fair amount of work but I think it will be well worth it in the long run. Thanks again everybody!!! Have a great day!!
crbattery

Postby crbattery » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ESS2ynd ... e=youtu.be

I hope this works. I've never uploaded a video to You Tube before.

Enjoy!
crbattery

Postby RichardPenny43 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:23 pm

Nice set up.
I'd like to see your roll cutter being used.
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby lewbo » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:56 pm

Very nice and more impressive is one CU for 16 boxes a week, you must be a great customer!
Selling US pennies 1.9 face shipped. Never mind I am keeping everything!
lewbo
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby outofsort » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:48 pm

Oh man, that setup is fabulous. Bravo! I'm still hand sorting (also in Minnesota), but seeing this makes me want to upscale.
outofsort
Penny Pincher Member

Postby fasteddy » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:00 pm

Great looking setup!....put a couple old towels in the bottom of those buckets to quiet them down. Call Andy up and getcha some hopper extensions for the top unit. Four will hold $25 and 7 with a little shake will hold $50 of cents. *AND don't forget the ear plugs.

*cant spell today.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks for the video. Nice fab work. I was happy with my setup until I saw this, now I need to make some improvements!
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby MrIncredible » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:47 pm

RichardPenny43 wrote:Nice set up.

Ditto. Can you do a quick video of that monster in action? :o
MrIncredible
Penny Sorter Member

Postby crbattery » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:00 pm

I run 2 hopper extensions on the top one. Thats good enough cause when it jams its not as much of a pain to tip it over into a pail!
Working in the fab shop I always have good earplugs nearby. Also have a set of muffs I wear if others are around.

MrIncredible wrote:
RichardPenny43 wrote:Nice set up.

Ditto. Can you do a quick video of that monster in action? :o

Next time I sort I will have my GF record it in action. Im getting more pennies tomorrow.
crbattery

Return to Copper Penny Bullion Investing