found a silver nickel on Easter

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

found a silver nickel on Easter

Postby mrrosado » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:40 am

Well I was already having a great time. After all its Easter and I"m a priest. Today I was helping the guys with the collection and I found a 1944 Silver P War Nickel. I replaced it in the collection and then paid spot price for it to benefit our Youth Group. You would have thought I won the lotto the way I was yelling. God Bless You All! Happy Easter! He is Risen, He is Truly Risen!
I like collecting Gold and Silver. I prefer the Silver stuff. God Bless You.

My website: http://www.fatherrosado.com
follow me on Twitter:https://twitter.com/FatherRosadoNY
mrrosado
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: found a silver nickel on Easter

Postby blackrabbit » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:55 am

Happy Easter!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby angel2004 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:04 am

Nice. Happy Easter. I don't think many know of the silver nickels. There are many to be found in just checking rolls. I think until recently, nickels were the least searched.
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby jacer333 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:15 pm

Congrats on the find Father.....he is risen indeed!
1909-S VDB Found 3/19/12. Wild IHC's found to date: 38
jacer333
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby amalekidad » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:37 pm

When I was six I found a mercury dime in my Grandpa’s car. My eight year old brother went nuts trying to get me to sell it to him for a dime. :evil: He bugged me so much I told him that I was going to donate it next time we went to church. This pleased Grandpa but my brother had a fit. :twisted: “The guy that counts the money is just going to switch it out for a dime.” Making Grandpa happy and driving my brother crazy at the same time = PRICELESS! :lol: Nice to know that you paid spot for the coin. :angel:
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby mrrosado » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:47 pm

amalekidad wrote:When I was six I found a mercury dime in my Grandpa’s car. My eight year old brother went nuts trying to get me to sell it to him for a dime. :evil: He bugged me so much I told him that I was going to donate it next time we went to church. This pleased Grandpa but my brother had a fit. :twisted: “The guy that counts the money is just going to switch it out for a dime.” Making Grandpa happy and driving my brother crazy at the same time = PRICELESS! :lol: Nice to know that you paid spot for the coin. :angel:

I think lots of stuff gets through. For a while their the guys were separating all the coins. For months we got nothing. I just happened to sit at the table and thought their won't be anything here but lets have some fun searching. Then I saw it and started yelling and the guys looked at me and laughed. I'm going to start searching again :D
I like collecting Gold and Silver. I prefer the Silver stuff. God Bless You.

My website: http://www.fatherrosado.com
follow me on Twitter:https://twitter.com/FatherRosadoNY
mrrosado
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Numis Pam » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:02 am

:thumbup: Way to go, FatherRosado!! Glad to have you posting again! :wave:
Too Busy Sorting and Hoarding to Post Very Often! :-)
Numis Pam
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals