PM Rally

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: PM Rally

Postby shinnosuke » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:57 am

beauanderos wrote:The fervor with which TPTB are focused on crushing the precious metals market right now (based upon their fear of what the markets would REALLY do if not managed intensively) is inversely related to what would actually happen if they were to lose reign. Turn the charts upside down and go from there.

Still, today's "rally" is rather breathtaking in its splendor, isn't it?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:20 am

What if TPTB stop propping up the price (for example, with quantitative easings, margins, etc)?
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby Mossy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:47 pm

SoFa wrote:What if TPTB stop propping up the price (for example, with quantitative easings, margins, etc)?

Whiplash, watching the price go up.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:40 am

Full rally mode in effect. Don't try to catch any falling knives.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:30 am

shinnosuke wrote:Full rally mode in effect. Don't try to catch any falling knives.

If it falls much farther than this, something is seriously wrong. I'm buying today.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:55 pm

$25.99
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:58 pm

shinnosuke wrote:$25.99

We're screwed.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby pennypicker » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:06 pm

scyther wrote:

We're screwed.

I beg to differ. When the price goes up you simply admire the increased value of your hoard. When the price goes down you smile at the chance to increase the size of your hoard. No matter which way it goes just keep a positive attitude and you will be happy no matter where the price is headed.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:12 pm

pennypicker wrote:
scyther wrote:

We're screwed.

I beg to differ. When the price goes up you simply admire the increased value of your hoard. When the price goes down you smile at the chance to increase the size of your hoard. No matter which way it goes just keep a positive attitude and you will be happy no matter where the price is headed.

True. But the market generally goes in rather long bull and bear stretches, doesn't it? I'm sure there were a lot of people who thought the same thing in 1980. The price came back, eventually... in nominal terms... but they sure did have to wait a while. If you're able to keep your positive attitude for the next 25 years, good for you (not sarcasm) but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be... disappointed, to say the least, if this were the end of the bull market.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:19 pm

scyther wrote: disappointed, to say the least, if this were the end of the bull market.

Im not sure how many would be disappointed if PMs truly were headed down for the long term. That would imply things actually improved. I think even those of us totally convinced PMs are still dirt cheap in th elong term would be happy if the market crashed entirely. Unless it was because of some new mining or the like this would imply drastically different global conditions which I believe most of us would be happy about even if our investments were all wrong.

Am I wrong here?
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:26 pm

What's the problem? PMs are on sale! Take advantage of it!!
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:30 pm

scyther wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Full rally mode in effect. Don't try to catch any falling knives.

If it falls much farther than this, something is seriously wrong. I'm buying today.

The market doesn't fall... it is pushed. There's a difference and the distinction is important. Sure, the damage to sentiment is the same for those who aren't students of what occurs with predictable regularity during these price managed suppressive periods. But the rebound (?) length of time required and robustness of response differs. Let them keep their hands off the algorithms for just a month and you'd be amazed what could occur. Think 2010. :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby scyther » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:33 pm

Treetop wrote:
scyther wrote: disappointed, to say the least, if this were the end of the bull market.

Im not sure how many would be disappointed if PMs truly were headed down for the long term. That would imply things actually improved. I think even those of us totally convinced PMs are still dirt cheap in th elong term would be happy if the market crashed entirely. Unless it was because of some new mining or the like this would imply drastically different global conditions which I believe most of us would be happy about even if our investments were all wrong.

Am I wrong here?

You have a point there. But at least a few people here have "gone all in" with their life saving on silver and gold. It would really suck to lose a huge chunk of it... even if the world as a whole were better off.

Personally, I've never really been stacking for the collapse of the dollar, or the financial system, or the world as we know it. Not saying it couldn't happen, but I'm really not in a position to do any serious prepping (beans bullets, etc.) anyway, so for me it's really about profit or loss.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 pm

beauanderos wrote:
scyther wrote:

The market doesn't fall... it is pushed. There's a difference and the distinction is important. Sure, the damage to sentiment is the same for those who aren't students of what occurs with predictable regularity during these price managed suppressive periods. But the rebound (?) length of time required and robustness of response differs. Let them keep their hands off the algorithms for just a month and you'd be amazed what could occur. Think 2010. :thumbup:

2010 sounds nice :thumbup: I certainly hope you're right. I don't care if it goes low for a while if it rebounds quickly; in fact that would of course be a good thing.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:57 pm

I've still got some SILVER I bought in 1979 (9X face 90%). I was around for the entire event, and have waited many years to see that SILVER come back in value. Patience is a virtue that stackers need. The way to survive is to stay away from leverage - it will wipe you out if you're leaning the wrong way. Secondly, you've got to have a money flow of fiat that will tide you over that bad times; a good job giving you income, or good retirement money if you're no longer working. Stay away from using someone elses money to acquire your PMs; if you can't afford to buy it with fiat you have, be patient until you have some to be able to buy. I'm a firm believer in abhoring debt; since 1985 when my wife and I paid our house in full. Lastly, diversification, while not the ultimate in asset growth, does keep you afloat during the hurricane.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby fasteddy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Ok Country, should I buy silver tomorrow or buy my master bath remodeling supplies....hmmmm. And no I am not asking anyone's wives for that answer.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:17 pm

fasteddy wrote:Ok Country, should I buy silver tomorrow or buy my master bath remodeling supplies....hmmmm. And no I am not asking anyone's wives for that answer.

After today, I'd be inclined to keep my wife happy.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby SilverDragon72 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:29 pm

pennypicker wrote:
scyther wrote:

We're screwed.

True words of wisdom!

How can we lose?
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:36 pm

And the crash picks up right were it left off as if there had been no interruption. I hope it really won't go under $25, but I'm not counting on it. I'll sit this out for a while and maybe buy more when it bottoms... I'm guessing 21.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:39 pm

It's interesting to note that gold is behaving very differently from silver right now. I'm not sure I've seen that before.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby pennypicker » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:44 pm

I believe the next support level is $22.80. At least that's what the owner of the local coin shop told me on Friday.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:46 pm

pennypicker wrote:I believe the next support level is $22.80. At least that's what the owner of the local coin shop told me on Friday.

What is that based on? I can't see any more support until $9. :?
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby aloneibreak » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:48 pm

barry's day of reckoning might be tomorrow :?
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:56 pm

aloneibreak wrote:barry's day of reckoning might be tomorrow :?

I'm praying for him... for my own sake...
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:09 pm

I am experiencing great joy at this time.

20 or cheaper?

I will buy another 100 pounds.

Buy your silver by the pound!
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals