under 20x now

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

under 20x now

Postby agmoose » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:49 am

Melt on 90% is now under 20x face. Its been a while since it was here. Im looking forward to buying some Friday.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: under 20x now

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:07 pm

as of Noon Central time, I am showing $26.78/ozt. To be honest, since I started in learning, thinking about, stacking PM's, I haven't ever seen $26!!! WOW!!! Do I hear $25?!!!

-The Great
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve
-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Everyone is selling the very clunky silver and gold and buying the very convenient Bitcoins :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:57 pm

barrytrot wrote:Everyone is selling the very clunky silver and gold and buying the very convenient Bitcoins :)

Perhaps they should read my Signature and take heed from BARRYTROT, and I quote...

"Put your money somewhere it won't just dissolve" -Barrytrot

-The Great
- Abraham Lincoln

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Anyone got any 90% or 40% to sell at spot? PM me. :)

(Not expecting a flood of offers - read... zero - but hey, you need to ask.)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby scyther » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Hm. I had resolved to buy just Canadian and 40%, and maybe not buy much silver at all going forward since I'm starting to doubt it's fundamentals... but 20x face does sound nice. Give a hundred dollar bill, get 20 silver quarters... I did that a couple times last summer and haven't regretted it. Maybe I should buy some more 90% after all.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby angel2004 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:55 pm

I have read some dealers are short on supply of 90% and premiums are going up. Time will tell. With lower spot and if the premium is based on percentage, the premium will go up I'm sure.
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby agmoose » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:36 pm

There is a roll of 1949 Franklin's (BU) at over 50x face with lots of time left in the auction on the Bay.........

Still lots of people paying premiums on BU or proof coins.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby everything » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:03 pm

The premiums on 90% makes it easier to just buy eagles instead. It feels like the premium may have taken a step back after this price drop though.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby CLINT-THE-GREAT » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:01 pm

I'm in the same boat. In my mind I just can't pay over spot for 90%. My mind just won't let the hands do it. So I actually have been buying more ASE's as of late.

-The Great
- Abraham Lincoln

- Henry Ford

- Thomas A. Edison

-Barrytrot
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agmoose » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:48 am

agmoose wrote:There is a roll of 1949 Franklin's (BU) at over 50x face with lots of time left in the auction on the Bay.........

Still lots of people paying premiums on BU or proof coins.

57x face now and closes later today. :o
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals