Silver Premiums

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Silver Premiums

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:46 am

It's just me and how I feel. So no one take this personal 'cause it's not directed to anyone personal. I love this place and the people in it (period). Truly, I stand by the feedback I've posted and who I've posted it for! But, It's kinda like when I bid on Feebay, once the price reaches a point I've predetermined, I stop bidding.

In this case, it's the premiums on silver. I know one could make the argument at this price it will look cheap in the future. I don't disagree. However when the premiums for 90% and .999 run consistantly @ >13.5% and >17.5% over spot respectively and higher here on Realcent, I close the purse strings.

And ya, I know it's worse any and everywhere else but that means jack to me. And I know that when the price drops the premium increases. I take it all to mean that either physical is getting real tight or folks who sell are. And if physical is getting that tight it's time to hold on for the ride. Maybe look at some small moves on paper silver while it is cheap. Also means it's time to sort more.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Re: Silver Premiums

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:02 am

johnbrickner wrote:It's just me and how I feel. So no one take this personal 'cause it's not directed to anyone personal. I love this place and the people in it (period). Truly, I stand by the feedback I've posted and who I've posted it for! But, It's kinda like when I bid on Feebay, once the price reaches a point I've predetermined, I stop bidding.

In this case, it's the premiums on silver. I know one could make the argument at this price it will look cheap in the future. I don't disagree. However when the premiums for 90% and .999 run consistantly @ >13.5% and >17.5% over spot respectively and higher here on Realcent, I close the purse strings.

And ya, I know it's worse any and everywhere else but that means jack to me. And I know that when the price drops the premium increases. I take it all to mean that either physical is getting real tight or folks who sell are. And if physical is getting that tight it's time to hold on for the ride. Maybe look at some small moves on paper silver while it is cheap. Also means it's time to sort more.

John, in a bull market, you just buy....90's on Ebay are trading $18 over the board...i'm talking hi qual rolls, i pay it, coz thats where the ,market is at....if a guy wants say a 63 or 62 BU roll of Franks, you gotta be prepared to bid 30 times PLUS face...sometimes you get lucky in that maybe somebody ended their auction in an off hour...i picked up a roll of 1944 Gem BU quarters at 23 times face, and this was when the board was trading 30-31....but i've noticed that the bidding for quality rolls of 90%'ers is intense, and it seems like there are more guys bidding.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals