GDX/GDXJ UP NICELY TODAY - POSITIVE REVERSAL?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

GDX/GDXJ UP NICELY TODAY - POSITIVE REVERSAL?

Postby Country » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:27 pm

While the miners have been creamed lately, perhaps a reversal in PMs is coming soon?
USD strong this morning, now loosing ground - a change in the wind?

http://investing.money.msn.com/investments/etf-list/?symbol=gdx&ocid=qbeb
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Re: GDX/GDXJ UP NICELY TODAY - POSITIVE REVERSAL?

Postby rainsonme » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:10 am

If you like stocks, one I am watching closely is SAND. I dont own it, but if the gold correction gains steam to the downside, I probably will. They fund PM miners in exchange for a percent of the mine output over time. Similare to RGLD model, just earlier in the development of thier revenue streams.

Energy is a major cost factor for miners; they may bennefit some from drop in oil/NG prices. I dont want any juniors (GDXJ) just because the cost of new mines seems to be sky-rocketing, with delays and cost over-runs.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby dannan14 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 am

rainsonme wrote:Energy is a major cost factor for miners; they may bennefit some from drop in oil/NG prices.

This is why i bought shares of SEFE last year :( Too bad their revolutionary tech was just a fairy tale.

I dont want any juniors (GDXJ) just because the cost of new mines seems to be sky-rocketing, with delays and cost over-runs.

i currently hold some Yamana (AUY) they're hurting right now (as most/all mining stocks seem to be) but they're recently had a major increase in reserves and have one of the lowest costs per ounce in the business.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby dannan14 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:35 am

Ooops! Double post.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals