Bank Teller Score

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Bank Teller Score

Postby Franco American » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:08 pm

I continually read posts about other people walking into their banks and scoring silver. Well it finally happened for me today. I was buying a box of nickels when I noticed what looked to be a silver half in the teller's change tray. I asked her if I could buy her half dollars. She said sure and handed me 5 halves. When she handed them to me I heard that familiar silver ringtone. I paid for my nickels and halves and left the bank without looking at the halves. When I got to my car and checked them out I had 2 90%ers and 3 40%ers. Needless to say it was a sweet Friday afternoon
Franco American
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Bank Teller Score

Postby Copper Catcher » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:09 pm

:thumbup: Congrats! Your hooked now....
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Saabman » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Nice score!!
Cerca Trova!!!

Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are. It solely relies on what you think.
-Sid
Saabman
Post Hoarder

Postby RichardPenny43 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:25 pm

Nice score. :clap:
I've only gotten a few dimes out of teller's trays, most know how to edge check at my banks. :(
RichardPenny43
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby agmoose » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:28 pm

Cool! Gotta love that familiar ring tone.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:46 pm

You have to love it.
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Postby johnbrickner » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:08 pm

My Bank teller Scores are changing:

Having educated my tellers about value and what to look for, two are now stackers and tell me of their finds. lol, and apologise while doing it. So far they ask the little old lady or man if they REALLY want to do this. If turned in for cash or deposited, they buy the rolls outright and search them during slow time (Hummm, getting paid to search rolls?). The most recent score by one was 14, 90% halves.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals