Shipping 1/10th AGEs ??

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Shipping 1/10th AGEs ??

Postby IdahoCopper » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:28 am

What methods work well for mailing a few 1/10th AGEs?

I was thinking of using the 9x12 Flat Rate envelope, putting in about 12 sheets of blank paper, and taping a baggie with the coins on the middle sheet.

If if more than 3 or 4 need to be sent, I'd send them Express Mail, to get them in and out of the postal system ASAP.

What do other people do?
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Re: Shipping 1/10th AGEs ??

Postby blackrabbit » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:01 am

If it was one or two I'd just put them in a padded envelope first class and pay for tracking. 3-4 I'd put a signature confirmation. That's the cheapest and should be fine. I think I would just put insurance on it rather than express if more than that.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby mflugher » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:34 am

I personally like to put coins in indiviual 2x2 ziploc type bags, I then staple the tops of the bags to a piece of cardboard (like the back of a legal pad) cut to the same size as the envelope. I then take a 2nd piece of cardboard cut to same size and staple it to the other side of the coins, creating a coin sandwich. Even i na regular 1st class envelope this is usually sufficient protection for any non numi coins. If I'm concerned I might use a priority rate or a padded envelope or both. Keep in mind you an always put a padded envelope in a priority mail envelope, or use some leftover bubble wrap...
mflugher
Penny Collector Member

Postby rexmerdinus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:08 am

I do something similar, but I use a coin flip and tape it to the cardboard, or if I don't have cardboard, just tape it to several sheets of paper and fold it like a regular letter. You can still put tracking on it, or do Certified Mail with a return receipt if you want.
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:39 pm

Take a coin box cut smaller than envelope.Cut out circle size of coins. Cut paper, tape to back of box. Lay coins in openings. Cut paper, tape over front. Now sandwich in cardboard. Ship. Tracking or signature confirmation should be enough.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Thank you for all the fine suggestions.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:24 pm

I like using the Safe-T-Mailer: http://www.safetmailer.com/
Copper Catcher