Who is backing the truck up this weekend?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Who is backing the truck up this weekend?

Postby Silver Runner » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:17 am

Just wondering who among us are going to make large purchases in PMs this weekend and who is sitting on the sidelines? If you are jumping in with a large buy this weekend, what are you buying and from who? In your opinion what is the best buy now: gold, silver, platinum, or palladium? Everyone have a great weekend. :wave:

Silver Runner
Silver Runner
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Who is backing the truck up this weekend?

Postby rexmerdinus » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:41 am

I jumped in last week with a good bit of my dry powder, so I'm holding off a bit to see what happens. Got 100 Eagles at 29.34 shipped, which wasn't too bad, despite them being about $2.00 lower now! Anyhoo, I don't know much about technical analysis, but folks were talking that if silver broke below 26.50 or so, the next major support level was in the $21.00 range, and others swear it will never go below $25.00 so I'm really just kind of interested in being a market voyeur at this point.
My beer and homebrewing blog: http://alemongery.blogspot.com
My wine and winemaking blog: http://connoisseurscorner.blogspot.com
rexmerdinus
Penny Collector Member

Postby joemac » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:16 am

Bought $405 in junk for $425 from a local guy. Says he has more supply than buyers asked me if I wanted another $700. Told him not yet.
joemac
Penny Sorter Member

Postby dakota1955 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:25 am

I would if I find some close to spot.
dakota1955
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby rainsonme » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:21 am

I have only bought junk silver to this point, because I like old coins ("buy what you like"), but I think I will buy my first rounds today, to take advantage of the drop in silver without paying the current premium on junk. A 1 oz round of .999 is selling for about the same prices as common Morgans ----- since it is really the silver I am interested in buying, price is going to force me to diversify a little.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby xippi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Im going to hit monthly LCShow In Auburn Ma on Sunday, See what the vibe is, Haven't been in a few months. I might pick up a few trinkets if the price is right, and if there is any trinkets even for sale. :lol: :o

xip
xippi
Penny Collector Member

Postby aloneibreak » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:15 pm

between tax time, pressing hospital bills and day to day bills im on the sidelines for a while

but i personally see silver as the best buy right now

hopefully there will still be some to be found in a few months :thumbup:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Country » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Out of bullets! :thumbdown:
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Z00 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:45 pm

:( Don't have a truck. Best I can do is a little red wagon. Payday isn't til Wed. anyway, and still wont be able to fill the wagon. OOHHH WELL!

:cry: :cry:
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby agmoose » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:49 pm

Sold two chairs that used to be in the den but have sat in the garage for over a year, then caught the LCS before he closed. Bought 3 englehard bars and six halves for $134 of the $150 I made selling the chairs.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:51 pm

Just ordered bars from Silvertowne with "free" shipping. Not spot, but it's where spot was at a couple days ago.

They are completely out of non-graded ASEs.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby reddirtcoins » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Waiting.... Just as I thought last year I'm still looking for the 22 smash... But I did stock up on 48 more #10 cans of food and 3k rounds of 40hp.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:07 pm

At 22/toz silver will be as easy to get in hand as ammo is today. I haven't seen 22LR for 5 months (except match-grade).
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:48 pm

I picked up $5,500 in junk yesterday! My train came in! I had ordered it on Tuesday but my guy and I have an agreement that we use spot on the instant of transfer...so that worked out really well for me! Yay! Thanks JP Morgan!
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby barrytrot » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:50 pm

TwoPenniesEarned wrote:I picked up $5,500 in junk yesterday! My train came in! I had ordered it on Tuesday but my guy and I have an agreement that we use spot on the instant of transfer...so that worked out really well for me! Yay! Thanks JP Morgan!

Wow that is practically perfect timing :) Congrats!
barrytrot

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals