I guess they prefer Cash?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I guess they prefer Cash?

Postby beauanderos » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:13 pm

http://www.goldshark.com/products/silver-coins/silver-coins-rounds/90-junk-silver-bags-dealer-s-choice.html

Dealer's Limit? That's all you can spend on a credit card? That's a far cry from purchasing $1000 face bag, and I'll just bet the premium rises significantly on smaller lot sizes... if they even have any on hand :roll:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: I guess they prefer Cash?

Postby Robarons » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:45 pm

Never heard of that site- looks bit 'flimsy'

Are they trustworthy? Can you using their pricing against Tulving/Apmex/Provident?
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:49 pm

NONE of the coin shops that I have visited in central and southern Oregon accept credit cards on bullion--its strickly cash & carry! :x
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby natsb88 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:57 pm

I limited credit card orders to $1500 earlier this year. I'm dealing with $9k in bogus chargebacks. CC company sides with the buyer 99% of the time and I'm left to pursue the bums through the police, small claims, etc. Even though I have all the documentation to prove what was ordered, what was shipped, and who/where it was delivered, it's a giant timesuck and if they don't have any money or assets, there's nothing to recover. Online PM dealers have become targets for scammers. They get the goods and take them to a dealer or pawnshop or whatever and trade them in for cash right away, then report the transaction as unauthorized. :x
natsb88
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:58 pm

natsb88 wrote:I limited credit card orders to $1500 earlier this year. I'm dealing with $9k in bogus chargebacks. CC company sides with the buyer 99% of the time and I'm left to pursue the bums through the police, small claims, etc. Even though I have all the documentation to prove what was ordered, what was shipped, and who/where it was delivered, it's a giant timesuck and if they don't have any money or assets, there's nothing to recover. Online PM dealers have become targets for scammers. They get the goods and take them to a dealer or pawnshop or whatever and trade them in for cash right away, then report the transaction as unauthorized. :x

That sucks! :evil:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals