Just Watching the Silver Market

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Just Watching the Silver Market

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:49 am

Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Just Watching the Silver Market

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:41 am

Part of me says "Oh, the humanity!" but another part of me say that this is what long-term stackers want. A sale. What really will be fascinating is to see how everything is correlated. Will the stock market keep going up? How about interest rates in the long run? Is this a leg of a great rotation and time to add more PMs? I am holding off buying much physical until some dust settles. We have not had spot price this low since late 2010. This is a sale.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby theo » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:56 am

I feel the same way. While I've been struggling to limit my paper losses, I've been trolling for physical deals on line. I picked up a few silvertowne bars over the weekend for $28.70 (free shipping). Too early I know but I can't remember the last time I've gotton .999 silver for less than $30/oz
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:01 am

Oh, Happy Days....!! I've been saying it since last year.. Just thought 22 would have happened then.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:07 am

I feel like I am on opposite planet today. I just want the friggin' PM prices to capitulate. Sorry if some of you do not share that sentiment. Being in the accumulation phase is the key. At what price will fake coins and bars cease to be made for the masses?

Like I posted earlier today, it will be very interesting to see how other sectors of the market do. I am a good deal a believer in asset allocation. The market divvies up money to go into things. Let's see where it flows into over the next months.
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Catfish4u » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:22 am

JerrySpringer wrote: Will the stock market keep going up? How about interest rates in the long run? Is this a leg of a great rotation and time to add more PMs? I am holding off buying much physical until some dust settles. We have not had spot price this low since late 2010. This is a sale.

My LCS only had $10 face on Saturday. His words were 'you bought me all out on Monday and I have not had any coming in'. I really believe him as I have known him for a couple of years and he has always been honest with me through all the 'peaks and valleys'. I worry about many of the LCS. Many are sitting on large inventories and have had 1/3 of their finances wiped out in a month. If the price stays low and hardly anyone sells how long could they stay in business?
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Postby SilverEye » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:24 pm

I don't see my LCS sitting on a lot of inventory. They are always out of something; silver rounds, 90%, ASE. They make their money on the churn; they don't care what the price is because they buy at 20% under and sell at 10% over. That pads in a lot of cushion so they can ride the daily peaks and valley's. The faster they turn it, the faster they get their 30%.
SilverEye
Penny Collector Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:37 pm

At least "Just Watching the Silver Market" has proven more interesting than The Masters.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Maybe they are learning something in school after all? Opps, I think he is in home school, sorry my mistake!
Copper Catcher

Postby LooseChange » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:12 pm

Man Copper Catcher, you are a champ at photoshop :thumbup:

How did you get those cartoons onto the other page?

This is most definitely something we need to be teaching to the younger generation.
"You can go if you want, but all they make are coins there"- Quote from the Philidelphia, PA visitors center desk clerk, after inquiring about going on a tour of the MINT
LooseChange
Penny Collector Member

Postby Copper Catcher » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:35 pm

:D
Copper Catcher

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals