I was wrong. Post here if you have a suitable punishment

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: I was wrong. Post here if you have a suitable punishmen

Postby Engineer » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:27 pm

barrytrot wrote:You guys with the mother in laws are forgetting that if *I were their son in law* they would be awesome to deal with because they would be so excited for their daughter :)

Challenge accepted. You can take my wife, too! :lol:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby AGCoinHunter » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Engineer wrote:
barrytrot wrote:You guys with the mother in laws are forgetting that if *I were their son in law* they would be awesome to deal with because they would be so excited for their daughter :)

:lol: :lol: :clap:
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
- Patrick Henry
AGCoinHunter
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Engineer wrote:

Heck if you take my mother in law I will throw in a roll of ASEs, a gallon of fresh goat milk and a dozen freshly laid eggs. Ill keep the wife though.

Didnt you loose a bet with someone over this barry? With copper catcher maybe?
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:13 pm

The copper catcher bet I WON as it was for 2012.
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Hawkeye » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:25 pm

:lol: Well played.
Metal > Paper
Hawkeye
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby goodcents » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Barry,

I think you just admitted that anything can and will happen with the markets. Sometimes there comes unexpected highs and lows. It's all about how you prepare your master plan.

You are always an excellent source of information as well as one of my favorite members.

I just bought my mother-in-law a one way ticket. I had to buy two tickets because she's kind of large and won't fit in one seat. Hope you have the pantry stocked up!

:clap: :thumbup:

Joe
goodcents
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby barrytrot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:21 pm

I will welcome her :)
barrytrot

Postby Aqualung48 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:32 pm

I believe in corporeal punishment. Spare the rod...etc...

So as done on the famous Cheech and Chong court hearing, "Bailiff, whack his ... "
Aqualung48
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:03 pm

I think you should be forced to have to buy physical at $25... ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby barrytrot » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:06 pm

68Camaro wrote:I think you should be forced to have to buy physical at $25... ;)

I'll take a few SAE's at that price.
barrytrot

Postby doug » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:10 pm

I would just like to shake your hand for being honest.

Doug
doug
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scyther » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:11 am

Hm, everyone refusing to sell to you for less than $25 spot, regardless of the real price, does sound appropriate... but that would be mean.

Good for you for admitting you were wrong. Like others have said, I respect that.

By the way, how do you feel about silver now? Now that $25 is shattered, do you still believe it is a great investment, or have you re-thought it completely? Also, any idea of what the new floor is?
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:41 am

scyther wrote:By the way, how do you feel about silver now? Now that $25 is shattered, do you still believe it is a great investment, or have you re-thought it completely? Also, any idea of what the new floor is?

If the price of your favorite beer dropped to $3/six pack tomorrow, would it be a scary thing or a good thing? Would you run away or grab as much as you could? Would it matter that the central bankers were shorting Guinness futures?

High or low prices never last forever.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:09 am

Engineer wrote:
scyther wrote:By the way, how do you feel about silver now? Now that $25 is shattered, do you still believe it is a great investment, or have you re-thought it completely? Also, any idea of what the new floor is?

If the price of your favorite beer dropped to $3/six pack tomorrow, would it be a scary thing or a good thing? Would you run away or grab as much as you could? Would it matter that the central bankers were shorting Guinness futures?

High or low prices never last forever. When prices are falling, go ahead and dance among the falling knives. Sure, you'll get stuck a few times, but at the end of the day you'll have knife collection to be proud of.

Well, that's a very different situation. You can't drink silver (sorry, I had to).
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby dannan14 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:21 am

Engineer wrote:If the price of your favorite beer dropped to $3/six pack tomorrow, would it be a scary thing or a good thing? Would you run away or grab as much as you could?

$3/six pack reminds me of one wonderful spring in college. A chain drug store with 5 or 6 locations in the town i went to college put moosehead on sale for that price. My fraternity brothers and i went to every one of those stores and bought it all. The next weekend the sale was still going on, but there wasn't a much moosehead and we had to also clean them out of moosehead light. This went on for three or four weekends of fuzzy memory debauchery...nowadays when i get drunk i generally don't have another for two or three days lol!
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby dannan14 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:23 am

scyther wrote:Well, that's a very different situation. You can't drink silver (sorry, I had to).

This guy wants to know if you're certain of that!

dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby scyther » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:35 am

dannan14 wrote:
scyther wrote:Well, that's a very different situation. You can't drink silver (sorry, I had to).

This guy wants to know if you're certain of that!

I stand corrected.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby henrysmedford » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:07 am

It is only under $25 if your selling. :mrgreen:
henrysmedford
Super Post Hoarder

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals