Explosions at Boston Marathon!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon!

Postby brian0918 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:03 am

blackrabbit wrote:After rereading this thread I don't see anyone wishing for attacks at all.

I didn't mean wishing for attacks, obviously. I meant wishing that specific attacks will vindicate your beliefs/cynicism.
"The man who speaks to you of sacrifice, speaks of slaves and masters. And intends to be the master." -- Ayn Rand
brian0918
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby ScrapMetal » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:58 am

Lots of speculation at this point.
I just read this article: http://www.naturalnews.com/039928_Boston_marathon_bombings_official_story.html and it makes some points that may be valid. Right now I think there is much misinformation, and if the government has any knowledge of this, they of course will lie about it and twist the facts.
Like the article said, wait and see what reactions we get from this tragedy, and works backwards, as with the government, the ends always justify the means.
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Postby theo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:48 am

brian0918 wrote:This "false flag" conspiracy s**t is sickening and getting old. Wait until you've got family or friends who are victims in an attack, and you start reading about people blaming the government, trying to make it political, with no respect for the victims. Stop wishing for attacks to vindicate your cynicism, and start showing some decency. :roll:

You used the emotion around these terrible events to inhibit honest discussion of how we might be impacted. This is a tactic very often used by liberals. I think you owe Beauanderos an apology.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby algae21 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Thogey wrote:Any guesses on how long it will take the media to speculate on the tea party, right wingers responsible for the attack.

I have to say that this was the first thing that crossed my mind when the news hit yesterday. Given the combination that it was IRS day and Patriots Day, along with Bostons historical notoriety for the "destruction of the tea", I figured that media speculation about conservative republican terrorists would spiral out of control pretty quickly.

The anti-gov cynic in me wants to say "if only the TSA had fondled more children and senior citizens, this all may have been avoided".... but I'll resist.

Very scary, and sad. My prayers are for the victims, as well as my country. :cry:
algae21
Penny Pincher Member

Postby stlouiscoin » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:08 pm

brian0918 wrote:This "false flag" conspiracy s**t is sickening and getting old. Wait until you've got family or friends who are victims in an attack, and you start reading about people blaming the government, trying to make it political, with no respect for the victims. Stop wishing for attacks to vindicate your cynicism, and start showing some decency. :roll:

+1000000.
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:15 pm

Keep listening to FOX for your fair and balanced news,
Dave
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby aloneibreak » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:56 pm

Dave wrote:Keep listening to FOX for your fair and balanced news,

lol.

its ok that we dont all agree - forum would get boring if we did

but take note of this...

http://www.mcconnell.senate.gov/public/ ... b7b59a8f1f

specifically this paragraph taken out...

"On 9/11, we were forever disabused of the notion that attacks like the one that rocked Boston yesterday only happen on the field of battle, or in distant countries. With the passage of time, however, and the vigilant efforts of our military, intelligence and law enforcement professionals, I think it’s safe to say that, for many, the complacency that prevailed prior to September 11th has returned. And so we are newly reminded that serious threats to our way of life remain. And today, again, we recommit ourselves to the fight against terrorism at home, and abroad."

its EXACTLY statements like this that show us their hand

stay afraid america

stay very afraid

our police state will continue to increase

big brother will take care of everything :roll:
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Postby Treetop » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:48 pm

Dave wrote:Keep listening to FOX for your fair and balanced news,

Perhaps Im wrong but you seem to say this as if there are other news sources that are fair and balanced or that fox is worse then the others. different flavor is all.

It isnt people speculating about the nature of a specific event that is setting the stage for making every issue political. this paradigm has been building from above for some time and people are only reacting to it. sometimes it is chasing shadows no doubt. Imo its pretty clear our politicians and media work very hard at playing people off of eachother. They do well enough I have to wonder if its somehow purposeful.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby coincrazy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:27 pm

Just speculation...

Narrative:

1) Foreign or Domestic? Domestic as foreign would put big bro on the defense as to why all the freedom and money given up by the people have not protected or prevented more of the same.

2) What type of domestic? Will be someone who is a "nut case" or clearly and very provable to be "insane". Will have talked to doctors and have proof similar to the Colorado event. This takes focus and doesn't give credence to anti-government groups. The lone wolf is much easier for the narrative to control than a group of people with the same ideas. If it's a group then people may wonder why they think that way and it just raises too many questions.

3) Bombs are made from easily to acquire materials. Gun powder or smokeless "reloading" powder used for firearms and "assault weapons".

Response:

4a) A push to support CIPSA bill that if we had the ability to correlate all the Internets information and read all public communication without warrant then we would have most certainly been able to stop this from happening.

4b) A push to support gun control bills and legislation already working through the system. Banning powder and regulating reloading gear.

ODD) I've seen stories of bomb dogs being on the ground being used with police and other law enforcement running "drills" and even some stating that announcements were being made as to the police practicing drills and for the patrons to not be alarmed at their presence. Haven't seen any video to prove this but do have sources of these reports.

The FBI and other agencies have admitted several times to being involved in "bomb plots" where they find an ignoramus, pump them up with story time planning a large event and at the last minute giving them a fake bomb to deploy as the rest of the crew comes in to save the day and arrest the suspect and collects their pats on the back for a job well done. What happens if they hand over the real deal bombs and no enforcement actions are taken on the other end? It's really the next logical step if you think about it. We have several events where this type of behavior has occurred where a setup has been stopped. Perhaps they are simply practice runs for the real deal.
coincrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby dannan14 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:33 pm

theo wrote:

You used the emotion around these terrible events to inhibit honest discussion of how we might be impacted. This is a tactic very often used by people. I think you owe Beauanderos an apology.

FIFY
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:39 pm

I've been hearing the bomb squad was in the area doing a "practice drill". Maybe they weren't practicing. Maybe they had some tips that something was going to happen. But because the marathon brings in so many millions of dollars that they did not want to say anything or call it off.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:44 pm

NDFarmer wrote:I've been hearing the bomb squad was in the area doing a "practice drill". Maybe they weren't practicing. Maybe they had some tips that something was going to happen. But because the marathon brings in so many millions of dollars that they did not want to say anything or call it off.

These "drills" have a very high correlation with events like yesterday. i'm sure it isn't a feature in every single case, but in the past year Sandy Hook and at least one other incident had law enforcement "training" to deal with that exact type of situation. IIRC this was also the case with 9-11. i doubt Boston PD had any idea at all about what was coming.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby ScrapMetal » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:29 pm

For those that doubt governments do not conduct false flag events, here is something to consider.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBNZpURiHyc&feature=youtu.be
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:20 pm

ScrapMetal wrote:For those that doubt governments do not conduct false flag events, here is something to consider.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBNZpURiHyc&feature=youtu.be

Good video, thanks for the link :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby coincrazy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Video does raise some good items to think on. Thanks!

Now there are poison letters being sent. Doesn't this sound familiar?
coincrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Postby silverflake » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Friends, I just arrived home in southwestern Virginia from Boston. My wife ran the marathon. We were staying at the Westin Hotel. I am speechless. I never felt so euphoric one minute hugging my wife then felt so shocked and horrified 10 minutes later. I am grateful to be home safe but the feeling of not knowing what was going on, having cell service cut off, and watching the moments of chaos from our hotel room window was scary and humbling. My wife and I grew up in metro Boston but as our beliefs and needs changed we moved our family out of the city years ago. I still find it bitter sweet going back to Boston (it's the sports, guys, I love the Bruins, Red Sox and Pats) but I now hope never to set foot in Boston. We were "locked down" in our hotel (trapped) and the minute we heard we could leave, we packed up and left at 6;30 this am.

Yes, I know this could have happened in any city, not just Boston, but I felt claustrophobic the whole weekend in Boston and would feel that way in any city. The fact that it happened where I was Is enough for me to avoid it altogether (it's all about me). Luckily I was able to drop to my knees with my wife and kids and pray as this was taking place. We should all pray for the victims and families and God Bless the first responders and rescue workers who were unquestionably courageous.

by the way, we were on Boylston street texting each other to meet up. Our last text before we saw each other was 2:39, bombs went off at 2:50. While I don't think they would have affected us where we were standing at the time, its just a little unnerving.

thanks for reading, had to therapeutically get this off my chest after a 12 hour escape, I mean drive.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:11 pm

silverflake wrote:Friends, I just arrived home in southwestern Virginia from Boston. My wife ran the marathon. We were staying at the Westin Hotel. I am speechless. I never felt so euphoric one minute hugging my wife then felt so shocked and horrified 10 minutes later. I am grateful to be home safe but the feeling of not knowing what was going on, having cell service cut off, and watching the moments of chaos from our hotel room window was scary and humbling. My wife and I grew up in metro Boston but as our beliefs and needs changed we moved our family out of the city years ago. I still find it bitter sweet going back to Boston (it's the sports, guys, I love the Bruins, Red Sox and Pats) but I now hope never to set foot in Boston. We were "locked down" in our hotel (trapped) and the minute we heard we could leave, we packed up and left at 6;30 this am.

Yes, I know this could have happened in any city, not just Boston, but I felt claustrophobic the whole weekend in Boston and would feel that way in any city. The fact that it happened where I was Is enough for me to avoid it altogether (it's all about me). Luckily I was able to drop to my knees with my wife and kids and pray as this was taking place. We should all pray for the victims and families and God Bless the first responders and rescue workers who were unquestionably courageous.

by the way, we were on Boylston street texting each other to meet up. Our last text before we saw each other was 2:39, bombs went off at 2:50. While I don't think they would have affected us where we were standing at the time, its just a little unnerving.

thanks for reading, had to therapeutically get this off my chest after a 12 hour escape, I mean drive.

just glad to hear you're safe.
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Chief » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:48 pm

Tell me that I've got my head in the sand, but I cannot stand Thurther BS. :evil:
Chief
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Fear!

It's on sale and in mass quantity! Buy yours TODAY!!!

I'm not subscribing to that, no thanks. There is so much speculation about what happened in Boston and we should
let the authorities sort it out.

This is no time to be political, IMO. :|

Stay safe out there....
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:22 am

ScrapMetal wrote:
It will become a political blame game within 72 hours.

I agree, or it will be used just as Sandy Hook. After a few days, the people killed or hurt will be a passing memory, but the political mileage they can get from it will forever be there.

My guess is domestic terrorism, maybe due to the government's stance on gun control. Too many nut cases out there, sad that they must involve innocent people that have nothing to do with their agenda.

My heart goes out to the victims.

They are pimping the victims grief again. They always drag out victims for personal attention when they are taking something (or everything) behind the curtain.

Watch for what they are doing in the financial markets and what bills they pass while distracting everyone.
Last edited by TwoPenniesEarned on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:31 am

SilverDragon72 wrote: we should let the authorities sort it out.

No, we should expect the government to cover things up and distort the news and push extremely important facts to the back page. Which they are already doing. Gov't is denying there was police on the roofs and bomb sniffing dogs there before the explosions. But they were there before the explosions and on loudspeakers saying "don't worry this is just a drill" as reported on local channel 15 and in the Boston Globe.

An "Army Team" marathoner who works in intelligence was pulled out just before the finish while feeling fit and healthy and told he was dehydrated and was then shipped off to a hospital. He was confused about why he was dragged off the road and called his wife who is the sister of an Infowars.com reporter and said that he didn't know why the army told him he couldn't finish. Maybe we know why now.

The shadow government has done things like this before and they stand to gain from it. That is why they should be considered prime suspects until independent reporting and investigation determines otherwise.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby ScrapMetal » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:09 am

I wonder how many public servants (Police, security, etc) were injured? If the answer is none, then I would begin to wonder if they had warning that this was about to happen. Also, another possibility is that is was a failed FBI inspired terrorist entrapment scenario that went terrible wrong. Remember that the FBI has been behind many of the "foiled" terrorist plots.
ScrapMetal
Penny Collector Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:51 am

Brian, questioning the motives of known liars is a healthy open minded response. Government is pimping the victims and victimizing their families for political gain. Not us.
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby TwoPenniesEarned » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:04 am

ScrapMetal wrote:I wonder how many public servants (Police, security, etc) were injured? If the answer is none, then I would begin to wonder if they had warning that this was about to happen. Also, another possibility is that is was a failed FBI inspired terrorist entrapment scenario that went terrible wrong. Remember that the FBI has been behind many of the "foiled" terrorist plots.

The underwear bomber was, on the face of it, a failed FBI entrapment plot, but when you look at the fruits of the event, namely that naked body scanners which had been under construction for years were rolled out the next week by a director of the DHS that also happened to represent the naked body scanner companies (Michael Chertoff) and the real motives become clear. Always look at what results from government action, not what they tell you about it. Things are a lot easier to understand then.

For anyone that thinks the underwear bomber was real, Google "Kurt Haskell witness statement".
TwoPenniesEarned
Penny Collector Member

Postby Colonel_Copper » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:38 am

To all those who believe in "false-flag" attacks,

If you TRULY believed it, why are you sitting around posting on a forum, going to work, paying taxes, going to the movies and generally living your life? If I believed that my own govt. was deliberatly mass killing it's own citizans, I would be joining the Resistance and activly fighting them.

How in God's name could you pay taxes to a Govt that carried out false flag attacks???????

How could you even live with yourself if you believed it, but did NOTHING to stop it? Wouldn't you be just as guilty as them?
Colonel_Copper

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals