"Boston"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

"Boston"

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:18 am

right now, i'm about as heart sick as a fella can get, I kid you not. rather than just whine and blither, after the TON of sh@t I been reading over the weekend, i'm just going to post up a very concise op-ed from sgt report that Mark Mann penned, and ONE video clip from Boston, that says EVERYTHING that needs to said....then i'm saying nothing else on this tragedy that is JUST beginning:

The Boston Bombing Event and its Impact on America

by Mark S. Mann,

Hello Friends,

Over the last 6 days, events have unfolded so quickly in Boston that it has been difficult to keep up with everything. I attempted to write something twice, but by the time I completed an article, things were moving so fast the material was already out dated. SGT will confirm that my initial analysis of the bombing was “spot on”.

There are already many theories about what did, or did not take place during the actual bombing and the events that transpired in the days after. The purpose of this article is NOT to discuss the already surfaced theories and numerous disturbing anomalies which contradict the “official story” as told by “the powers that be”. People have been asking me to comment on various theories that are swirling around about who, what, when and why. Just like everyone else, I have my own opinions. The most common question has been “Was this a false flag?” My answer to this question is the same as my answer to the Sandy Hook event: “Things just don’t add up”.

The one thing I have learned in my 40 years on this planet is that ANY “official story” as provided by OUR CRIMINAL Government, is usually just that: a “story”, cooked like a recipe which has many different ingredients. The ingredients of these “Official stories” are usually the same: one part actual truth, part distortion and manipulation of actual facts, part out-right lies, and part propaganda. Many people have eaten this recipe so many times, they know what goes into the recipe by memory, and they can actually taste the finished product before it is out of the oven, before it is sitting on a plate. I suspect if you are reading this, you are one of those people.

I am not concerned with proving or disproving any of the troubling facts and anomalies of this event. I do have my own questions about various facts and circumstances. However, I am much more concerned with the impact of this event on YOU, and OUR freedoms and civil liberties as American citizens.

My main concern is the fact that Boston, the 21st largest city in America, was completely and totally shutdown for almost 24 hours because of a manhunt for one person. Citizens of Boston were ordered to stay at home, and stay indoors till further notice. Mass transit (busses, trains, bridges, ect) were completely shut down. Businesses, schools, hospitals, and public events were shut down or cancelled. Basically, the streets of Boston were a ghost town. Citizens of this area were told to “Shelter in Place” by the authorities.

I don’t know about you, but in my opinion this was BEYOND Martial Law. I have lived under martial law a few times in my life for various reasons. During most scenarios when martial law is declared, citizens are allowed to be out in public, out on the street, from sun up to sun down. This was clearly not the case here, and this is a MAJOR issue for me as a citizen of the United States, as a police officer, and as a truth teller. This suspension of civil liberties in the Boston area was to my knowledge, unprecedented in US history. Two punks, a 19 year old, and a 26 year old were able to bring the 21st largest city in America to its knees with pistols and homemade bombs. Does anyone see the problem with this? I do!

This America! We don’t run, we don’t hide, and we don’t cower! We don’t shutdown our cities, or cease our way of life because two little [fluffy kittens] decide they want to cause problems! These are issues that citizens of other parts of the world are forced to deal with on an almost daily basis. Are these people tougher than Americans? Are they better equipped than America? I ask you: What kind of message does this send to other future potential terrorists? Has the American policy towards terror become: “We don’t negotiate with terrorists: but we will let them shut us down”?

Have you heard any of the Sheep in Boston complaining about the fact that they were put in this position? Yet people are running around puffing their chests with “Boston Strong”? David Ortiz from the Red Socks was quoted as saying “This is our F-ing city!” Well buddy, yesterday it was not your city. Yesterday, all you sheep were told to stay in your cage till further notice, and “Shelter in Place”.

Official media sources have repeatedly stated that “Thousands” of police officers have been mobilized to assist in the manhunt. I am sure this was 100% correct. The Chris Dorner manhunt earlier this year was supposed to be the largest manhunt in US history. I don’t remember what equates to BEYOND martial law being declared in Los Angeles during that time. Do you? When the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building was bombed in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people, including 19 children, was the entire city put under what equates to BEYOND martial law? I was a little over a mile and a half from the World Trade Center on 9/11. I saw the second plane hit in real time from that distance. There was NO martial law declared after more than 3,000 American were killed in one day, the worst attack on America since Pearl Harbor.

Since when do we need “thousands” of police: Local, State, and Federal officers, clad in body armor carrying military style weapons, mobilized in armored vehicles, helicopters, and a mass suspension of civil liberties to hunt down a 19 year old kid? This is a DISGRACE!

In my opinion, the manhunt which followed the marathon bombing was used to test the public’s reaction to being placed under controls, or another term being used by authorities:“LOCKDOWN”. As you can see, there was not even so much as a whimper from the sheep in Boston about being told to stay in their cages. This was all about gauging people’s acceptance towards “giving up some of our freedoms in exchange for safety”. Does anyone know where the term “lockdown” originates from? It is a term used for PRISONS and JAILS! Lockdown: The confinement of prison inmates to their cells as a security measure following a disturbance in the prison. I don’t know about you, but I don’t like terminology used for prison inmates being applied to me. Do we live in a prison? I don’t think so.

So if you ask: “What would the government’s response to a WMD scenario look like?” What about civil un-rest due to a financial or banking crisis? In my opinion, you have just seen the model: Boston – “Shelter in Place”. No one goes out, no one comes in. No one goes anywhere. Stay in your home. Stay indoors regardless of your needs or issues. Basically, nobody moves, nobody gets hurt!

In another issue regarding to civil liberties in this case, I am hearing that the 19 year old suspect, who I understand is a naturalized American citizen, is Not Being Read His Miranda Rights. I understand that he is being declared an “enemy combatant” and that the US Government is going to test out all of the new exceptions to the traditional rules of Miranda which have been created over the last several years. Out of anger towards the suspect, many people may not care about this. I am not a lawyer. However, I believe this sets a very dangerous precedent.

Inclosing, I do want to say that the longer this case goes without an official time line of events and a credible motive, the more suspicious of the story I become. At this point, I am more concerned with 2 issues: 1.) The overly heavy handed response to homemade bombs by our Government resulting in beyond martial law conditions, and 2.) the lack of any realization by the people of Boston that they were placed under what equated to beyond martial law without any visible objections.
For those of you wondering just how quickly a large, urban city can be brought under tight control, it is now a matter of factual historical record. You may want to revise you bug out, or bug in strategy accordingly based on this event. It will be interesting to see how this story develops.

Best Wishes & Stay Safe!
Mark S Mann
http://sgtreport.com/2013/04/the-boston ... ore-168890

Shock Footage - Warrantless House-to-House Raids In Boston

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: "Boston"

Postby Morsecode » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:55 am

The last two lines sum it up precisely. Bug out? That plan is so 1990's.

I loved his reminder of where "lockdown" came from. Chilling, indeed. Not a complaint to be heard from the press.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:03 am

Just for fun, some of us could visit Boston's R&R on craigslist, and let the Boston sheeple know just how badly they got pwnd by the Man, LOL.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:55 am

IdahoCopper wrote:Boston's R&R on craigslist,
Stupid question. What is R&R?

Neil, I hear you man. Friday was disturbing. I tried to explain the precedent to my wife but she does not care. She is just happy that they got the guy. I am just a kook. Now back to facebook and network TV shows.

I find it quite hilarious that they spent the whole day kicking down doors and pointing guns at regular folks searching for this dude. They finally give up and "let people outside". And 5 minutes later Joe Schmoe finds the dude and calls 911.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:08 am

R&R is "Rants & Raves". Here is Boston:
http://boston.craigslist.org/rnr/
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:14 am

That video is disturbing.
All the media is talking about is how to charge the suspect.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:33 am

NHsorter wrote:
IdahoCopper wrote:Boston's R&R on craigslist,
Stupid question. What is R&R?

Neil, I hear you man. Friday was disturbing. I tried to explain the precedent to my wife but she does not care. She is just happy that they got the guy. I am just a kook. Now back to facebook and network TV shows.

I find it quite hilarious that they spent the whole day kicking down doors and pointing guns at regular folks searching for this dude. They finally give up and "let people outside". And 5 minutes later Joe Schmoe finds the dude and calls 911.[/quote]

thats's right...we're just "kooks", and there's no upside in fussing with kin. This all I had really nothing to do with what happened at the marathon, this was real world exercise, ie lock down the city.....get a playbook set, carry it out, see if there's any bumps in the road....and it was a resounding "success".....and NOW, all the blood spilled from Okinawa to Valley Forge is forgotten. All those guys, who paid the ultimate sacrifice, to maintain this Republic, and every Constitutional Right inherent in it...their sacrifice, their blood has been FORGOTTEN.

i'm sick to my stomach...things have been in motion for a while now, but as I see it, y'know when this beast was born?, 22 Nov 1963 in Dallas Texas.

I don't want to get into why I choose that date, but this generation?, includes us too...they will NOT wake up, and watch out for anybody talking crazy. Coz either they are a fool...OR they're a Trojan horse.....those people just walked right out of that house, while "our guys" are screaming at 'em, just like I heard the germans doing in all those ww2 movies I watched.

"OUR GUYS"!!...and the sad thing is this, the only thing going to wake people up is AFTER they've been crushed, beat, starved, massacred...God knows what.

i'll stop. i'm starting to depress myself, because I LOVE this Country too much, all the IDEAS of what we are, who we are, are so wrapped up in who I am. When I would think, "I'm an American"...that meant something special...not BETTER than any other human being on the planet, but that the way we set up governance and country, a Free Republic,to be American was "special"....now? The Tree of Liberty is dying, so i'm play me a song, that will lift MY SPIRITS...its kind of an anthem to me, probably about an America, that's just really a fantasy now....but at least I still got the fantasy for now.

"Small Town" by good old Johnny Mellencamp of Seymour Indiana....this is "our" America.

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:42 am

here's one MORE about OUR America...one more anthem for US:

"Way Out Here"----Josh Thompson

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby angel2004 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:57 am

I wonder if the searching homes from attic to basement happened and how willing people were to actually let the armed people just come it. What's that all about? Also, I wonder if many of the anti-gun people felt safe without them under the circumstances?
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby rsk1963 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:31 am

NHsorter wrote:I find it quite hilarious that they spent the whole day kicking down doors and pointing guns at regular folks searching for this dude. They finally give up and "let people outside". And 5 minutes later Joe Schmoe finds the dude and calls 911.

I was talking to one of my friends about that very same thing!

He was under the "well then how do you handle it?" what happened if this kid got a hold of a family, did the "heightned" police/army occupation force this guy to "sit tight" & wait it out, only to be found by "Mr. Schmoe"?

Do not mistake these questions, I put these out here as they were posed to me out here to play devils advocate (much as it was for me to answer these)

Of course I also find it interesting forced occupation this month, drones used a few months ago "Yeah we got the bad guy" :roll:

-those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:41 am

What about the homes of people that were away on business or vacation? How would you like to come home and find your house broken into and searched top to bottom?
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby angel2004 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:58 am

I know. I wonder why all this. We have had crimes in the past. It just seems they want us used to a policestate
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby Treetop » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:07 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjuQrHp3A0

I thought of this movie clip...
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:14 am

A lot of folks want the government to do everything. They think it's better that way and they trust them to do it right.
In this case it means they stay home and wait while the police search. When the police are finished and give the ok, they get to go about their lives again.
There was no way that kid was more than a mile from the perimeter, but people in Southy, The North End, Bunker Hill etc had to stay indoors.
What did they do with people arriving at the airport?
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby NHsorter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:22 am

SoFa wrote:What did they do with people arriving at the airport?
Same as every other day. Duh. Cavity searches. :lol:

edit: one difference. the saudi express lane was open again. first time since 2001.
Last edited by NHsorter on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Treetop wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKjuQrHp3A0

I thought of this movie clip...

nice eye Tree....what I'm trying to do right now is lift my spirits, coz i'm fighting mad, 1776 mad, but that wont do any good. the people, en masse, are just too narc'ed up, whether it be pills, fast food or TV......so to lighten my spirits, keep some hope alive, I go to mythology or history, and for me that comes in the form of film. film is my language, and at this moment, here's the film that lifts my spirits, and calms my rage, "John Adams"...if you haven't watched it, you should...this film sings. (owning films is a vice of mine, I got hundreds..and NO pirated films either!)

here's a marvelous scene where Thomas Jefferson, listens as Franklin and Adams read his first draft of the Declaration of Independency...to me, the guiding light and intellect behind everything we are, is owed to Jefferson, who I regard as a personal hero. someone to model after....can you imagine being in that room?..the second scene I want to show you all is a presage of the future, Jefferson, the TRUE America, versus Hamilton, the America we live in now. I hope you all enjoy this.

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:44 pm

Neil, that movie is so awesome. And Jefferson is the man. You got that!
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:04 pm

Whoa! What am I missing here? I have never agreed with something that has come out of this white house. Have I just turned into a wicked liberal or something? Is obama really planning on following the Constitution on this one?

JAY CARNEY: He will not be treated as an enemy combatant. We will prosecute this terrorist through our civilian system of justice. Under U.S. law, United States citizens cannot be tried in military commissions. And it is important to remember that since 9/11 we have used the federal court system to convict and incarcerate hundreds of terrorists. The effective use of the criminal justice system has resulted in the interrogation, conviction and detention of both U.S. citizens and non-citizens for acts of terrorism committed inside the United States and around the world.

The system has repeatedly proven that it can successfully handle the threat we continue to face. There are a number of examples of this, high profile examples: The Times Square Bomber Faisal Shahzad pled guilty and was sentenced to life in prison. Abdul Muttalib, the so-called underwear bomber, was sentenced to life in prison. Warsame, a Somalian national and member of al-Shabab and has close associations with al Qaeda in the Arabia Peninsula, is now currently in this system and we have acquired valuable intelligence from him through the process allowed in the system. So this is absolutely the right way to go and the appropriate way to go. When it comes to United States citizens, it is against the law to try them in military commissions.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:43 pm

I saw that video of the people coming out of the house before, except before everyone was dressed in a clown suit and it wasn't a house, it was a VW Beetle. How many people were in that dang house? Were they having a party or something? And the guy filming it all...did he get kicked out of his house, too?

Complacency...oh well, what can I, just one person, do about it?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:49 pm

I like how this gal sums it up.

When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:32 pm

^ ^^Agreed...."they didn't go LAPD style and set everything on fire". :clap:

I do have one son that is GF less right now....I could get used to her accent...I think...maybe...well maybe not.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby hobo finds » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:52 pm

What would have happened if someone said no? Did they kick open doors of people who did not answer even if they were home? If you were to tell them to come back with a warrant, how quick do you think they would get one in this situation?
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:09 pm

The FBI interviewed the bomber that got killed in 2011 but yet they had to go public with his picture because they didn't know who he was. What's up with that?
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:53 pm

fasteddy wrote:^ ^^Agreed...."they didn't go LAPD style and set everything on fire". :clap:

I do have one son that is GF less right now....I could get used to her accent...I think...maybe...well maybe not.

She has her own YouTube channel with lots of vids... Sit him down and show a few to him! :D

Who knows? Maybe she is single, too!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby aloneibreak » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:21 pm

again I ask

did a single leo or nat guard of any sort refuse to participate in these warrantless searches ?

or did they all follow orders for fear of repercussions ?

i see it as just as much of a test run on them as well as the gen pop

you all can make your own assumptions from there

jmo
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.

Thomas Jefferson
aloneibreak
Post Hoarder

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals