"Boston"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: "Boston"

Postby Morsecode » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:58 pm

Good observation. We've all heard (from some) that when push came to shove local cops would not go against the citizenry, and would voluntarily stand down. We can put that to rest now.

Cop departments across the country now have their blueprint. If Boston can send in 3000 militarized police in pursuit of a lone bomber, how much more of a threat would be required in the future for Phoenix to lockdown because of a power disruption, or St Louis due to a food crisis, or Augusta because of a train derailment, or Miami after a hurricane, or Boise because of a bank crisis.

"Shelter in place" sounds so much more pc than lockdown, doesn't it? Schools here routinely go on lockdown. If a liquor store gets held up, they'll put any school within a mile on lockdown. That's a good way to indoctrinate the next generation, too. The kids equate lockdown with safety. Which is to say the gov't is going to make things all better.
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NHsorter » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 pm

I am starting to think that Orwell was not all that smart, he actually just had a time machine. :lol:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby stlouiscoin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:34 pm

Morsecode wrote:
"Shelter in place" sounds so much more pc than lockdown, doesn't it? Schools here routinely go on lockdown. If a liquor store gets held up, they'll put any school within a mile on lockdown. That's a good way to indoctrinate the next generation, too. The kids equate lockdown with safety. Which is to say the gov't is going to make things all better.

personally, if there was actually a shooter in my school, I'd be gtfo of that place. the doors only lock from the outside. I'd be the first person bolting from that sh!t hole and getting some friends out.

lockdown is bull in my district. I would trust my life to many people other than the leadership in the school.
stlouiscoin
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:I like how this gal sums it up.

you GOTTA love her!!! I do. nice eye Sheikh...is that "your type" too?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:10 pm

aloneibreak wrote:again I ask

did a single leo or nat guard of any sort refuse to participate in these warrantless searches ?

or did they all follow orders for fear of repercussions ?

i see it as just as much of a test run on them as well as the gen pop

you all can make your own assumptions from there

jmo

correct read....this was a test run, a real world exercise, it was planned, and executed to the tee...everything, the "bombing", the press "accounts", then the shoot out.....then the "lets see if we can lock down a city"....and lets see the public reaction........which was what?....not indignation, but partying and shouts of "USA! USA!" after this abomination of a day was done.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:28 am

neilgin1 wrote:
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:I like how this gal sums it up.

you GOTTA love her!!! I do. nice eye Sheikh...is that "your type" too?

My favorite line is: "You're gonna want more than a butter knife!" as she wipes out ~ a butter knife! :lol:

I have posted her vids here on RC a time, or two, before. I like her logic, wit and humor, and the fact she is a little cutie adds in the "eye-candy factor", as well. ;)

"is that 'your type', too?" Why yes, she is! My "type", however, encompasses most women around the globe. Everything from Irish redheads to Japanese Pop Idols. I married a brunette cowgirl who now has platinum grey hair. :angel:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:58 am

Hey guys, throwing out a question but first a report. I have mentioned that my family was there - my wife ran the marathon, and we were "locked down" at the Westin. Now, I have stopped reading any more coverage because I am getting overload and frankly, am having trouble sleeping last few nights. I need to know if anyone hear has heard an official report about the third explosion. What was that? It happened at about 4PM (initial bombs went off at 2:50). We had calmed down a little and were sitting on our beds In hotel room watching local coverage when "BOOM" went off - shook our windows. We jumped out and looked outside and to my right where the John Hancock building is, people were running away like cattle. The TV (local coverage) said the police told them it was a 'water cannon'. Do water cannons explode?

Help me out - what is the chatter on this? Am I over-reacting? Did I just miss the press coverage of this?
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:00 am

silverflake wrote:Hey guys, throwing out a question but first a report. I have mentioned that my family was there - my wife ran the marathon, and we were "locked down" at the Westin. Now, I have stopped reading any more coverage because I am getting overload and frankly, am having trouble sleeping last few nights. I need to know if anyone hear has heard an official report about the third explosion. What was that? It happened at about 4PM (initial bombs went off at 2:50). We had calmed down a little and were sitting on our beds In hotel room watching local coverage when "BOOM" went off - shook our windows. We jumped out and looked outside and to my right where the John Hancock building is, people were running away like cattle. The TV (local coverage) said the police told them it was a 'water cannon'. Do water cannons explode?

Help me out - what is the chatter on this? Am I over-reacting? Did I just miss the press coverage of this?

This is the first I have heard about it.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby fasteddy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:16 am

The short news report said it was near the JFK Library...no injuries...and they were treating it like it was related to the earlier blasts...so there you go. BAM. No in the main stream news, I guess because no injuries...who knows...

on another note...last night my wife asked me to sharpen her pocket knife... :thumbup:
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:18 am

fasteddy, silverflake was nowhere near the JFK library. He is talking about a 3rd explosion at the finish line area. Maybe a half hour after the first two?

Officially no 3rd explosion. I also must have imagined it when I saw the live, panicked, TV reporter on the street that said that she just heard and felt a 3rd explosion and I saw people running away on live TV. But the official timelines say nothing of a 3rd explosion so we are crazy. That did not happen.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:15 am

NHsorter - you're right - we were no where near JFK, nor was the marathon. Different part of Boston. That was an unconnected fire. Only mention I have is I got the Boston herald on Tuesday and it gives a time line and it says at 3:55 (hour after initial bombs) a third controlled detonation takes place.

Since no one here seems to know or be aware, I am now intrigued. I tell you, realcent folks, there was a third blast. Perhaps it's time I start digging.

Does this raise any questions? This hasn't been easy to handle so I hope I am not over-reacting here.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby silverflake » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:18 am

This from ABC news from the day of the marathon in their 'time line':

"...3:55 p.m. ET: Police set off controlled explosion in Boston. Third explosion heard."

Well what the heck is the police doing setting off 'controlled explosions? Was it a third bomb?

Just asking.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:33 am

silverflake wrote:NHsorter - you're right - we were no where near JFK, nor was the marathon. Different part of Boston. That was an unconnected fire. Only mention I have is I got the Boston herald on Tuesday and it gives a time line and it says at 3:55 (hour after initial bombs) a third controlled detonation takes place.

Since no one here seems to know or be aware, I am now intrigued. I tell you, realcent folks, there was a third blast. Perhaps it's time I start digging.

Does this raise any questions? This hasn't been easy to handle so I hope I am not over-reacting here.

the WHOLE thing is one big question mark......the ONLY thing that isn't a question mark, the way I read it, is this was a mission accomplished deal for the main objective, and in prior posts, I think I outlined that real clearly.

a third boombala, huh?....great. Lovely guys, and i'm not talking about the kidz. Someday, they'll learn the truth, that hell is a million degrees hot.

You take care Flake...I mean that bru....just try and find a bit of peace and comfort, Bless you brother,....n.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:02 am

I had live coverage from the local CBS station streaming when that third explosion occurred. At the time, the reporter had been told by a police officer that they found a suspicious object under/near some bleachers near the finish line, and the bomb squad was going to do a controlled detonation in case it was another explosive. They cleared everybody from that area and blew it apart. I'm guessing it turned out to be nothing, just a bag abandoned in the chaos, since it hasn't been talked about much in the later coverage and timelines. But while it was unfolding, the third explosion was definitely being called a controlled detonation, and the people on the ground at the finish lined were warned it was coming as best as police could communicate it at the time.
natsb88

Postby hobo finds » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:50 am

In a lockdown you can still order milk! http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-575 ... oes-viral/
hobo finds

Postby fasteddy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:55 am

I read yesterday several reports of additional explosions....the JFK Libary was around 4:30,may have/may not been associated with the Marathon blasts, may have/may not have been associated with a fire at the Library...as I said...who knows, no one is talking....

The 3:50 explosion I have read was the water cannon disarming the nonexistant bomb that was found near the finish line....apparently there was two unexploded devices that never materialized if you listen to the mayor/governor and official police reports.
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby angel2004 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:00 pm

There is a link now on Drudge about the armed searching of Watertown.
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby angel2004 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:01 pm

Napalitano says FBI knew things about the suspects travel but FBI claims it didn't on FOX now. Who knows what's what with this.
angel2004
Penny Pincher Member

Postby silverflake » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:07 pm

neilgin1, as usual, thanks for the kind words and prayers. You're one of the good guys here.

natsb88, sounds like your info points toward the authorities blowing up a suspicious package (meaning the authorities provided the "boom"). That's a story I would like to believe (I think). As a naïve fire-power guy and police procedure know-nothing, is that the norm? Blowing it up before it blows you up?
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NDFarmer » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:12 pm

angel2004 wrote:Napalitano says FBI knew things about the suspects travel but FBI claims it didn't on FOX now. Who knows what's what with this.

The FBI interviewed the older bomber that was killed in 2011. But now they claim not to know anything about him.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby natsb88 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:16 pm

silverflake wrote:neilgin1, as usual, thanks for the kind words and prayers. You're one of the good guys here.

natsb88, sounds like your info points toward the authorities blowing up a suspicious package (meaning the authorities provided the "boom"). That's a story I would like to believe (I think). As a naïve fire-power guy and police procedure know-nothing, is that the norm? Blowing it up before it blows you up?

Yes, using a small controlled explosion, or something like a water cannon, is a way to blow apart a larger or unknown explosive device before it detonates on its own as designed. The idea is to break it apart so it can't function more than it is to actually set it off, but it can go either way, especially when you don't know what you are dealing with.

Whether it's true or not I can't say, but during the live coverage, all indications were that the third explosion was a controlled detonation like this done by the bomb squad on a suspicious package/bag near the bleachers. I would speculate that it turned out to be nothing due to the lack of further reporting, but that's just a guess.
natsb88

Postby silverflake » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:22 pm

Good post natsb88, and good info. Thanks!

You guys rock! All of you!

Keep stacking!
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NHsorter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:52 pm

natsb88 wrote:
silverflake wrote:neilgin1, as usual, thanks for the kind words and prayers. You're one of the good guys here.

Yes, using a small controlled explosion, or something like a water cannon, is a way to blow apart a larger or unknown explosive device before it detonates on its own as designed. The idea is to break it apart so it can't function more than it is to actually set it off, but it can go either way, especially when you don't know what you are dealing with.

Whether it's true or not I can't say, but during the live coverage, all indications were that the third explosion was a controlled detonation like this done by the bomb squad on a suspicious package/bag near the bleachers. I would speculate that it turned out to be nothing due to the lack of further reporting, but that's just a guess.

This was exactly my understanding as well. And it makes sense. I am sure that there were backpacks everywhere that were left behind in the chaos. It must have been scary as hell trying to figure out what was what.

But...my question: If there was actually a real 3rd bomb, then something does not add up. If someone who knows their crap tells me that it's SOP to use a big charge to blow up a suspicious package, then fine, it makes sense. Was this controlled detonation so big that it shook everything like that even if they just attached it to a backpack with some sweaty socks and poland spring? I claim no expertise on this. I know that they will blow up suspicious packages rather than risk having someone disable it at close range. But what I don't know is how big of an explosion is typical in those cases. This seemed bigger(to this idiot).

I never would have questioned any of this except for the fact that I have heard absolutely no reports about the 3rd explosion in the MSM, except for right when it happened. Subsequently, I have also seen numerous denials that there were any controlled explosions. That is what throws up a flag. I swear they are denying a 3rd blast now. Someone please prove me wrong on this.

Look, the news outlets botched many many facts on this. That is just extra fuel for the conspiracy theorists fire. But I wish they would just release some more info. I wish they had released a lot more info, a lot faster. What would really be the harm? If they have these guys dead-to-rights dropping these bombs on film why don't they just show us the film? How can that hurt their case. Just put it out there. Shut up the conspiracy theorists. We the people are supposed to be in charge. The police are our employees. I can understand protecting some evidence in order to avoid tipping off the suspects, but now they have their suspects, so cough it up. Cough up the cop dash cam of the shootout with the older asshol...umm... brother. I have heard about 3-4 different stories on that one. Why can't we just see it with our own eyes?

OK, rant over for now.
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby dannan14 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:22 pm

This slip up by the Boston Police Commissioner is interesting......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdNLzD6KWM&feature=youtu.be
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:46 pm

Im hearing that russia flagged these guys to us years ago, and after being checked out they were given the greenlight. So what did russia see that our gov missed?? Makes you wonder, perhaps Im wrong but Id think russia would have had to have big red flags for them to bother letting us know there was something off about these two. Didnt russia and israel warn us about the 911 hijackers?
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals