Visit to local coin shop prices and premium

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Visit to local coin shop prices and premium

Postby Treetop » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:40 pm

beauanderos wrote: You have to buy $1500 minimum in CA to avoid taxes.

I have a friend in cali. Im always telling him to move to the U.S. Of course we are getting pretty bad in this country as well.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:15 pm

SoFa wrote:I had to drive a ways, but it was worth it because I found a place with all sorts of new foreign bullion in addition to American.

Silver Eagle $6 over spot
90% Half dollars 20x
5g bars $8
Takus $8 over
1/10 Gold and Platinum Eagles Spot plus 20% ($168)
New generic rounds arriving today $2.50 over

My LCS was offering 90% (including halves) at 20 X. I also picked up a 1/10 ounce Maple for $160. I don't believe he had ASEs as he is having trouble with his source. He also shows up at my local Flea Market once a week. There was another table at that same Flea market with a fair amount 90% and some ASEs. His prices? 24 x on the 90% and $36 on the ASEs.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby dannan14 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:39 pm

beauanderos wrote:My LCS was offering junk at 23X face... if/when some came in. They were willing to call me if I wanted to pay a deposit. No thanks. You have to buy $1500 minimum in CA to avoid taxes.

FYI there is at least one LCS in Sac that doesn't charge tax on cash purchases. Granted that is not just down the street for you, but thought i'd throw it out there.
dannan14
Penny Collector Member

Postby beauanderos » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:00 pm

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby agmoose » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Thx for posting that. I'm curious what my LCS will have when I go on Sat.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Called LCS - they have eagles ($2.50 over)! Got in the car and headed that way. Clerk let me know that the next person who walked in bought them all. :(

But I did grab these for $4.
medallic art co.jpg
medallic art co.jpg (55.23 KiB) Viewed 199 times

These were made by the Medallic Art Co NY. Oh, almost forgot to mention, the 2 grey ones are 1.2 Troy Ounces of 999+ silver. :shh: :lol:
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby NDFarmer » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:33 pm

OneBiteAtATime wrote:Called LCS - they have eagles ($2.50 over)!

That's a great price they probably only had a couple in inventory if they were selling them that cheap. My LCS is $7.00 over spot.
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Doctor Steuss » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:56 am

Made it to my LCS yesterday.

90% - 17.61 x FV
ASE - $26.91
Maple/Onza/Philharmonic - $26.61

Talked to one of the guys for a bit. He said they were wiped out of generic rounds. Someone had brought in 1000 of them earlier in the day, and they only had 200 of those left. I bought the last of their dimes ($3.00), but it looked like they still had a lot of quarters (don't know about halves, but they charge an additional premium on those).
"Deferential, glad to be of use, Politic, cautious, and meticulous; Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse; At times, indeed, almost ridiculous— Almost, at times, the Fool." ~Eliot
Doctor Steuss
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals