Help please--need a greysheet St Gaudens quote!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Help please--need a greysheet St Gaudens quote!

Postby pennypicker » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm not a dealor or gold collector, just a silver stacker, but since gold is in a dip I was considering purchasing either a "generic" NGC 63 or 64 St. Gaudens $20 gold piece. I see they are bringing an average of $1800 on ebay with little difference in price between the two grades.

I was wondering if someone could be so nice as to give me a recent greysheet "bid" and "ask" price for a 63 and 64. I would really appreciate it as it will zero me in on what my local coin shop will probably be asking. Plus this information will also give the me buy/sell spread which years ago used to be only $50 and I'm sure is much higher now. Much appreciated, Don :)
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Help please--need a greysheet St Gaudens quote!

Postby christostock » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:23 pm

St G.MS63 - 1640/1700
MS64 - 1670/1730
As of april 19th greysheet with gold spot at $1386.80
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby pennypicker » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:30 pm

Christostock, thanks a bunch sir. I somewhat surprised the buy/sell spread is just $60. I figured it would be at least $100. But that's good to know as it means gold needs only to go back up $60 for me to absorb the premium.

Thanks again, Don.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby christostock » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:16 am

Keep in mind that grey sheet is not always the real market for these.
Just a reference point.
Heritage fax sheets tell a different story based on spot and demand for product.
Last week one of my local guys had MS64's selling fo $1780 with gold at the quoted price.
That number did not change when gold changed
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby highroller4321 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:14 am

Greysheet is not very accurate on "common" date St. Gaudens in the "lower" grades.
highroller4321
Realcent Moderator

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals