supply coming back...

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

supply coming back...

Postby scyther » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:10 am

I mentioned this earlier in a different thread, but supply is coming back at Provident Metals. 90% is back in stock, with the premium down to $4.89. That's quite high, but definitely down... I think it was 6.99 at one point. The official bullion coins are still pretty expensive, too. 2013 eagles are 5.69 over. Maples 4.79 over. Philharmonics 3.29 over spot. Some types of 1-ounce silver rounds are only $1.49 over. 5-ounce as low as 1.29. A really nice looking 10-ounce snake bar for only 1.39 over. 1-kilo only 1.49. 100-ounce as low as $1.19 over.

The more preferable forms are more costly, but it is definitely possible to secure physical silver at reasonable premiums again. I'm surprised (and glad) that took less than 2 weeks. Hopefully the other stuff is down to reasonable premiums by midsummer. That's when I'm planning to buy, since I don't expect the price to go up again until then.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: supply coming back...

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:45 am

Scyth, i'm going to start a separate thread on this, but whats your read on Ampex?....I know these companies couldn't remain in business if they were scheiss hunds, but I don't like these tales of taking the dough, then you get an email, "you get it, when we get it".....I don't like it, gives me the willies. All I buy doing is on Ebay...which has been fine...more than fine.

btw that moniker photo you got, cracks me up...love it, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: supply coming back...

Postby scyther » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:49 am

I don't check Apmex much, not really familiar with them.

It does say it may take up to 15 days at Provident... hopefully that doesn't mean they don't really have it in stock...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals