My crazy theory on the gold/silver takedown

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

My crazy theory on the gold/silver takedown

Postby schockergd » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:12 am

I'm sure I'm far from the first person to say this, but I Haven't seen anyone talk about it yet, so here goes.

The US government and most bullion depositories have lied about their gold reserves.

Most large institutional investors have known this for years, but figured that the US government would always take care of their needs somehow. This system has worked for years now without any problems.

Now in the past 6 months, Germany, Texas University and other groups are now asking for their gold back from the bullion depositories in New York and such places so they can monitor it themselves. I suspect that they've finally got to the point they want to be the first ones to get their gold, before everyone else finds out that there isn't enough in reserves to meet the demand.

So, the US government has seen the writing on the wall and doesn't want the rest of the world to know they're broke.

So, they do the only thing with a chance of fixing all their gold woes - They attempt to crash the gold price so severely that they can buy back in at a much lower amount, in the process making some cash over the massive short.

Problem is though - the whole thing has backfired. The demand for gold at $1300 was significantly higher than anyone could have ever dreamed, and instead of a outright metals crash, we've had a sizable dip and potentially already reached the bottom.

I have no proof, just opinion.
schockergd
Penny Pincher Member

Re: My crazy theory on the gold/silver takedown

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 am

Not as crazy at it sounds. I could see that scenario playing out. I know that I feel better monitoring mine!

If you don't hold it, you don't own it. Pure and simple. :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:05 am

you guys should reconsider "monitoring" your own gold. Think of all the safety issues. Why not store it at Uncle Ray's Bullion Depository instead. I will watch over it for you, and honest, I won't lease it or sell it to anyone else. My address may have changed by the time you want a redemption, though. :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Mossy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:09 am

Yup. That sounds very likely.

It would work, if more and more people were not paying attention.

OTOH, don't some outfits have the option of paying spot for what is supposed to be in the warehouse? Those places would, if you pardon the expression, "Make out like bandits." Without breaking a single law.
Mossy
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:10 pm

SLV has a provision that you can liquidate in blocks of 50,000 shares and request silver, instead of cash. The Chinese have reportedly been doing that.
beauanderos

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:43 pm

beauanderos wrote:you guys should reconsider "monitoring" your own gold. Think of all the safety issues. Why not store it at Uncle Ray's Bullion Depository instead. I will watch over it for you, and honest, I won't lease it or sell it to anyone else. My address may have changed by the time you want a redemption, though. :lol:

But I thought Uncle Ray's Bullion Depository was only full of Fool's Gold. :P
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:58 am

schockergd wrote:I'm sure I'm far from the first person to say this, but I Haven't seen anyone talk about it yet, so here goes.

The US government and most bullion depositories have lied about their gold reserves.

Most large institutional investors have known this for years, but figured that the US government would always take care of their needs somehow. This system has worked for years now without any problems.

Now in the past 6 months, Germany, Texas University and other groups are now asking for their gold back from the bullion depositories in New York and such places so they can monitor it themselves. I suspect that they've finally got to the point they want to be the first ones to get their gold, before everyone else finds out that there isn't enough in reserves to meet the demand.

So, the US government has seen the writing on the wall and doesn't want the rest of the world to know they're broke.

So, they do the only thing with a chance of fixing all their gold woes - They attempt to crash the gold price so severely that they can buy back in at a much lower amount, in the process making some cash over the massive short.

Problem is though - the whole thing has backfired. The demand for gold at $1300 was significantly higher than anyone could have ever dreamed, and instead of a outright metals crash, we've had a sizable dip and potentially already reached the bottom.

if I may say, without reading anybody elses reactions, that is a darn astute read to the ways things are....sadly...and you know what?...let me go a bit further, can we name one institution, public or private...that you TRUST these days?...personally, I cant think of one. Your theory is not crazy...the TIMES we live in, might be crazy, the theory is not,
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:00 am

beauanderos wrote:you guys should reconsider "monitoring" your own gold. Think of all the safety issues. Why not store it at Uncle Ray's Bullion Depository instead. I will watch over it for you, and honest, I won't lease it or sell it to anyone else. My address may have changed by the time you want a redemption, though. :lol:

oh you cad you!!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:21 am

schockergd wrote:I'm sure I'm far from the first person to say this, but I Haven't seen anyone talk about it yet, so here goes.

That sounds better than some of the "official" (read: ludicrous) explanations I have heard!

The one that just screams of utter & complete bull excrement is: "Everyone is selling their gold because Cyprus' Central Bank is selling it's gold to pay debts."
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:49 am

You're actually right on, but the problem started with Hugo Chavez wanting Venezuela's gold back. Had to knock off Libya to pay that off. Anyone wondering (besides Mali) whose reserves are next?
beauanderos

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals