Question about fractional gold and gold to silver ratio

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Question about fractional gold and gold to silver ratio

Postby CtrlAltBernanke » Thu May 02, 2013 10:52 pm

So the easy question first. I'm familiar with a few of the compare gold price websites but the ones I know of they only list 1/10 and 1 oz retail gold. Are there any that you know of that do 1/4 oz gold or could you recommend a website that usually has the cheapest 1/4 gold price.

The second question is regarding the gold to silver ratio. Right now it's around 61/1 which is different from it's typical 50/1. I haven't seen much about this topic on here. Does anybody have any opinions on this? Do you think it will go back to 50/1 or does anybody think that it may break to 100/1? Just wondering what people thoughts were on this. Thanks.
CtrlAltBernanke
Penny Collector Member

Re: Question about fractional gold and gold to silver ratio

Postby Engineer » Thu May 02, 2013 11:16 pm

CtrlAltBernanke wrote:So the easy question first. I'm familiar with a few of the compare gold price websites but the ones I know of they only list 1/10 and 1 oz retail gold. Are there any that you know of that do 1/4 oz gold or could you recommend a website that usually has the cheapest 1/4 gold price.

The APMEX site shows up-to-date buy/sell prices for Eagles and Maples. For fractional gold, it's hard to beat the deals here and at BS.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Question about fractional gold and gold to silver ratio

Postby hags » Fri May 03, 2013 9:46 am

CtrlAltBernanke wrote:The second question is regarding the gold to silver ratio. Right now it's around 61/1 which is different from it's typical 50/1. I haven't seen much about this topic on here. Does anybody have any opinions on this? Do you think it will go back to 50/1 or does anybody think that it may break to 100/1? Just wondering what people thoughts were on this. Thanks.

At > 80/1 sell your gold and buy silver, at < 45/1 sell your silver and buy gold....At 60/1 hold both until a better ratio developes...you would have rotated your PMs 6 times in the last 20 years and added ounces with minimal expense.

hags
hags
Penny Pincher Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals