If Cyprus is the bellwether, then Canada is the red flag

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: If Cyprus is the bellwether, then Canada is the red flag

Postby beauanderos » Fri May 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Ok, so we find a South Seas island, set up an offshore Bank, and only allow other preppers to become stakeholders :idea: :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby scyther » Fri May 10, 2013 9:23 pm

beauanderos wrote:Ok, so we find a South Seas island, set up an offshore Bank, and only allow other preppers to become stakeholders :idea: :thumbup:

I hope you have nuclear weapons on that island, or else it's getting invaded.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Morsecode » Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 pm

I've often wondered how far They would let it go before interceding in a game changing way; gold at $3000, $4000, $5000? Silver at $200, $300...?

You know there's never going to come the day when TPTB toss in the towel and say, 'hey, you metal guys were right after all. The dollar is worthless, the equity markets have tanked...we're all so screwed - except for you 3% of the population with the gold and silver...you folks'll be just fine'

NOT! :cry:

Price is beyond their control. Their influence can be applied to manipulate possession. But their real power lies in regulating redemption. Watch how fast it becomes a felony to accept a Mercury dime for a tank of gas.

That is, if we get to that phase...
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode

Postby neilgin1 » Sat May 11, 2013 6:21 am

Maxwell House

Hills Brothers

Folger's

those are MY banks....my saintly grandmother, God rest her soul. Depression era woman, who was tasked with raising me, had a DEEP and abiding mistrust for banks, and taught me as a wee laddie, once the coffee has been brewed, the cans are the Bank. A lesson I carry forward in memory of her.....guys, she was a champ, and being raised by her, was just like I was living in the middle to late forties. I miss her. I cant even think of her too much, coz my heart will just break...you know what I mean.

But those blue plastic Maxwell House cans, with the gold snap tite lids?.....filled to the brim, desiccant packs thrown in....they stand in testimony to her wisdom. Thank you Grammy, I love you, neilyxoxoxox

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Sat May 11, 2013 7:56 am

neilgin1 wrote:Maxwell House

Hills Brothers

Folger's

Keep your gold in one of these :D :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby neilgin1 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:19 am

Morsecode wrote:I've often wondered how far They would let it go before interceding in a game changing way; gold at $3000, $4000, $5000? Silver at $200, $300...?

You know there's never going to come the day when TPTB toss in the towel and say, 'hey, you metal guys were right after all. The dollar is worthless, the equity markets have tanked...we're all so screwed - except for you 3% of the population with the gold and silver...you folks'll be just fine'

NOT! :cry:

Price is beyond their control. Their influence can be applied to manipulate possession. But their real power lies in regulating redemption. Watch how fast it becomes a felony to accept a Mercury dime for a tank of gas.

That is, if we get to that phase...

that was your 1700th post Morse......you cant 'hear" my voice now, but it's conversational, low key. i say that coz what i'm about to write, might seem harsh or strident. its not. you wrote:
"Watch how fast it becomes a felony to accept a Mercury dime for a tank of gas."

so what?.....hasnt anybody here operated in the blackmarket?...or the grey market?

its easy...well, nothings easy, but its doable.

i really dont want to go into details, but ya got to think outside the box.

and be careful. like the Godfather said, "women and children can be careless,men cannot".
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby agmoose » Sat May 11, 2013 10:05 am

There will be no one enforcing that felony Morse, by the time we get to where folks are routinely accepting silver dimes for 20 gallons of gas, the gas won't come from a station as we know it now. Maybe a trading post type deal, well protected by heavily armed men/women. Maybe a neighbor or trading partner who'd rather have a bushel of corn or potatos than that gas or silver. I think TPTB will move to confiscate 401k's and then PM's. Of course it won't be called confiscation, verbage is everything to them. Affordable Care Act, Second Amendment Protection Act, etc. They will call it something like Fiscally Sound Retirement Guarantee and Protection Act, and the Monetary Clarity and Reacquisition Act.

Sad, but sometimes I look at that flag on my wall in the den that I flew over Baghdad and wonder when it will no longer be current, when stars will cease to exist as states combine, withdraw, etc.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sat May 11, 2013 10:10 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Great article! Good read! Good discussion!

As I read all this I thought of just a few things. Some have already been mentioned, some have not.

Gold was confiscated in 1933 via Executive Order. The current crop of politicians don't have a wiff of loyalty to the Constitution their forerunners had in the 30's, so, it's a no-brainer what will happen to PMs when TSHTF.

During the 2000's whare-housed nickel was "borrowed" without the consent of it's true owners to end the nickel price spike. Message: it's already been done with commodities, too.

During the 80's the Savings and Loan industry collapsed. The FSLIC was supposed to take care of everyone. It was so overwhelmed by bilked depositors, they only got pennies on the dollar as settlement. This has already happened before. Your deposits are not near as safe as you think they are.

Carefully read the fine print of your bank account papers you signed the day you opened a bank account. Chances are the legal ground work for a "bail-in" are already in place with your bank. Who needs the government to do that for them, when they have already done it for themselves?

ALL government sanctioned savings accounts are subject to confiscation. It has already happened in South America. The governments there seized ALL RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS and set up some type of system where they would dole out your money in monthly checks like Social Security payments. That way you could never withdraw more than they wanted you to have. Can't you hear it already? " Come now, Comrade. Don't you know the government can manage your assets better then you can?"

It happened in Bolivia not too long ago. People went to bed with money in the bank and when they woke up the next morning~~ their money had been re-valuated. The government did it overnight while everyone was asleep. If you had $1,000 in the bank the night before, you only had $100 the next morning.

My favorite quote from the article is: "Only a tiny percentage will be prepared to say, "We've been systematically raped and robbed by both our government and our banks, in full complicity with each other. It's high time I put what I have left in a sack and find a way to protect it on my own." "

I've heard of such scenarios, especially the savings and loan crisis. People would do well to study history a little more regarding financial crises.

Scary.
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals