Money Confiscation by Your Bank is Perfectly Legal

Feel free to post your economic, business and political news, reports, and predictions concerning the U.S., Canadian, and world economy here. Please keep threads and posts on-topic.

Postby Z00 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:12 am

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/05/mon ... nk-is.html
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Money Confiscation by Your Bank is Perfectly Legal

Postby Rosco » Sun May 12, 2013 6:06 pm

It makes me want to cry I do not know what my reaction to a Cyprus hair cut would be, but the bank would know that I am reluctant to accept said hair cut.
Currently my Insurance Co will not accept cash. I intend to change their mind, if State Farm will not change some one will. This could shake up the PTB the more the merrier :D
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Cougar » Sun May 12, 2013 7:57 pm

Rosco wrote:It makes me want to cry I do not know what my reaction to a Cyprus hair cut would be, but the bank would know that I am reluctant to accept said hair cut.
Currently my Insurance Co will not accept cash. I intend to change their mind, if State Farm will not change some one will. This could shake up the PTB the more the merrier :D

I never had a problem paying my agent in cash when I was with state farm and that was only a year ago. Is this a recent company wide policy or does it vary from agent to agent?
68Cougar
Penny Sorter Member

Postby JerrySpringer » Sun May 12, 2013 10:12 pm

Do credit unions have the same ability?
JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rosco » Mon May 13, 2013 2:34 am

68Cougar wrote:
Rosco wrote:It makes me want to cry I do not know what my reaction to a Cyprus hair cut would be, but the bank would know that I am reluctant to accept said hair cut.

I never had a problem paying my agent in cash when I was with state farm and that was only a year ago. Is this a recent company wide policy or does it vary from agent to agent?

I thought it was company but will check agent Monday.
Second thoughts as I do travel for two or three months at a time scheduling could be problem.
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Mon May 20, 2013 3:13 pm

When you open a bank account the fine print will tell you they have the legal authority to use your money however they choose, and can dictate the terms upon which you can retrieve it. Essentially you are the bank's creditor as soon as you deposit any money. Remember that the Cyprus model was enacted by the EU, not some rogue government off the beaten path. "Bail-in" terminology for the Cyprus model has already been written into law in Canada and New Zealand for when they need it.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions