China gold imports literally off the charts!

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

China gold imports literally off the charts!

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu May 09, 2013 8:10 pm

When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Re: China gold imports literally off the charts!

Postby neilgin1 » Fri May 10, 2013 5:29 am

Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay wrote:Image

Read all about it! http://dailyreckoning.com/a-gold-number ... he-charts/

if each one of us, privately does a chart, ie...how much Ag and/or Au have we taken into our private "central banks".....and it looks like that?

you're in good company, that's a 6,000 year old civilization. You think they might have learned something in that time span?

and here's what makes me crazy, this nation that I love, our leadership....not only dot gov, but industry, commerce, etc...are acting and doing precisely what an immature empire would do.

instead of getting real, our leadership is playing games. Instead of stacking, and re-invigorating the national currency, these humps are driving us down the road to ruin. They'd rather spend more time, endeavoring to squash PM future markets....than doing like the Chinese are, stacking. This "communist" nation buys the real thing....and via sewer sites like that 'alibaba", what are they peddling OUT?!?.....counterfeit American silver coinage, and nobody says or does anything about it....certainly NOT "leadership".....no! f### no!...there too interested whats being served at the nearest high flautin K street lobbyist buffet...in between drafting slimy little schemes like seeing if they can pull off locking down a major American city, and going beyond martial law...Boston, because of some phony flag deal, a kid with a pistol.

and what really gets me nuke hot is, I think of all the guys from 1776 to Baghdad, who gave their lives to defend this nation.....and this is how their Blood is regarded?

you see those Marines raising the Flag on Iwo Jima....or Gen McAuliffe telling the Germans, "NUTS", when they demanded his surrender at Bastogne....and I think to myself, if they had lived to SEE THIS?.....we failed all of them! My son, his kids, and on....failed them!

Every morning, in America, I wake up before the dawn, my heart is full of hope.......I never finish the day like that anymore.

am I alone in this?
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Fri May 10, 2013 10:58 am

neilgin1 wrote:am I alone in this?

You're not alone. I'm 56 and lost an older brother in Viet Nam. The Boston bombing really disgusted me having subsequently learned that these two pieces of immigrant garbage brothers came to this country as political "refugees" and simply lived off of US taxpayers being on welfare, food stamps etc. And that "grateful" mother who showed her thanks to our great country by being busted for stealing dresses and fleeing back to her homeland to escape punishment.

After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor this country did what it HAD to do by ignoring "politcal correctness" and rounding up all people of Japanese descent to protect us from any internal threats. Our government was able to carry out this now controversial act because back in '41 the American people and American politicians had testicular fortitude--"balls".

In fact baseball great Bob Feller, hall-of-fame pitcher for the Cleveland Indians, was in his car driving to Cleveland for the upcoming season when he heard that we were attacked by the Japanese. What did he do? He turned his car around and immediately joined the armed forces. Other greats such as Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams also risked their lives as well.
Can you imagine the biggest names in sports today giving up their millions and "voluntarily" putting their lives on the line to defend this country if we were attacked--give me a break.

Back in '41 the American people and our government had sack. I don't feel at all confident that the same can be said today.
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Fri May 10, 2013 12:07 pm

pennypicker wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:am I alone in this?

You're not alone. I'm 56 and lost an older brother in Viet Nam. The Boston bombing really disgusted me having subsequently learned that these two pieces of immigrant garbage brothers came to this country as political "refugees" and simply lived off of US taxpayers being on welfare, food stamps etc. And that "grateful" mother who showed her thanks to our great country by being busted for stealing dresses and fleeing back to her homeland to escape punishment.

After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor this country did what it HAD to do by ignoring "politcal correctness" and rounding up all people of Japanese descent to protect us from any internal threats. Our government was able to carry out this now controversial act because back in '41 the American people and American politicians had testicular fortitude--"balls".

In fact baseball great Bob Feller, hall-of-fame pitcher for the Cleveland Indians, was in his car driving to Cleveland for the upcoming season when he heard that we were attacked by the Japanese. What did he do? He turned his car around and immediately joined the armed forces. Other greats such as Joe DiMaggio and Ted Williams also risked their lives as well.
Can you imagine the biggest names in sports today giving up their millions and "voluntarily" putting their lives on the line to defend this country if we were attacked--give me a break.

Back in '41 the American people and our government had sack. I don't feel at all confident that the same can be said today.

Well, we do have to thank Pat Tilman for his sacrifice... but other than that??? :shock:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby blackrabbit » Fri May 10, 2013 12:20 pm

I don't think rounding up whole categories of people to be put in camps was necessary then or now. That is just scapegoating. It is also rather evil.

Pat Tilman was a true hero. But you see how real hero's are rewarded. Fratricide.

Anyway, looks like China is looking to win this whole currency war thing. Foreign gold demand should keep prices from going much lower.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby scyther » Wed May 15, 2013 8:09 pm

pennypicker wrote:After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor this country did what it HAD to do by ignoring "politcal correctness" and rounding up all people of Japanese descent to protect us from any internal threats. Our government was able to carry out this now controversial act because back in '41 the American people and American politicians had testicular fortitude--"balls".

Wow. That's the kind of comment I hoped I would never read on real cent. I suppose you're proud of the "balls" the government showed in response to Boston, and the "balls" Obama has for doing what he HAS to do on gun control, right?
Last edited by scyther on Thu May 16, 2013 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Wed May 15, 2013 9:21 pm

Yeah the rounding up of people that had no absolutely nothing wrong is not something that takes "balls" it takes "evil". Rounding up American citizens was a repugnant act.

I could draw several parallels, but I'm not going to as it would descend quickly.
barrytrot

Postby Corsair » Wed May 15, 2013 9:38 pm

First thing I've read on this forum in a long time that actually disgusted me.
"Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, a liberal, fanatical, criminal. Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, presentable, a vegetable."
Corsair
Post Hoarder

Postby pennypicker » Wed May 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Corsair wrote:First thing I've read on this forum in a long time that actually disgusted me.

If such is the case then it would serve the board best if I simply call it quits and take with me my respect for "America's Greatest Generation" and the tough decisions they had to make in 1941 in order to secure victory for this great country.

:wave: :wave:
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Thu May 16, 2013 1:19 am

pennypicker wrote:
Corsair wrote:First thing I've read on this forum in a long time that actually disgusted me.

If such is the case then it would serve the board best if I simply call it quits and take with me my respect for "America's Greatest Generation" and the tough decisions they had to make in 1941 in order to secure victory for this great country.

:wave:
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Thu May 16, 2013 7:18 am

pennypicker wrote:

Not all decisions they made were correct obviously. They are the greatest generation because they kicked butt and took names on Germany and Japan and other evil foreign powers of the day not on the United States citizens, fyi.
barrytrot

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu May 16, 2013 8:07 am

The rounding up of Japanese Americans was indeed a repugnant act, but it is a part of our history. Few people today remember the FULL HISTORY of WHY FDR did it.

There was a high level of Japanese war sympathizers within the J.A. population. Within that large group of Japanese sympathizers was a secret organization dedicated to sabotage of the American war effort. In 1941, there were very few Americans outside the J.A. community who could understand their language. This was before the modern age of technology and our government had no way to keep track of the bad guys. FDR made the decision to round up all J.A.'s and isolate them.

WHY did FDR do it? Because in 1941 and '42, we were LOSING THE WAR to the Japanese. I will not go into the atrocities the Japanese Army did to it's conquered populations everywhere they went. Look it up for yourselves. Corrigidor Island. Bataan Death March. Look up the truth about Japanese occupations like the Rape of Nanking. Our government had this info and had to make tough decisions.

As far as tough decisions go, we made LOTS of decisions that look horrible from the perspective of today's modern world.

Why did we drop "the bomb" on Japan? Talk about a horrendous feat!!! Why? To save the lives of 400,000 American soldiers if we had tried to invade the Plains of Nippon.

Why did we choose Hiroshima and Nagasaki as targets??!! Those two cities were arguably the most Westernized in all of Japan. They had the highest populations of Catholic Christians. Why did FDR Truman chose them? It has been argued that FDR Truman had an intense dislike of Catholics, and that guided his decisions for targets. Other arguments have been made that there was never a need to drop "the bomb" except to see what it would do. It has been argued Japan was trying to surrender and no one would communicate with them.

If you have read my posts here at RealCent, you know I like the Japanese people.

All I am trying to say is please try to put things into perspective. Our history is what it is. We are who we are today because of it.
Last edited by Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay on Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu May 16, 2013 8:26 am

Here are some guys you should learn about, too. The 442nd Regimental Combat Team. Learn the sacrifice they made to save "The Lost Battalion". Here are some of the toughest American combat soldiers ever to don the uniform.

Last edited by Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay on Thu May 16, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Thu May 16, 2013 9:00 am

scyther wrote:
pennypicker wrote:After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor this country did what it HAD to do by ignoring "politcal correctness" and rounding up all people of Japanese descent to protect us from any internal threats. Our government was able to carry out this now controversial act because back in '41 the American people and American politicians had testicular fortitude--"balls".

Wow. That's the kind of comment I hoped I would never read on real cent. I suppose you're proud of the "balls" the government showed in response to Boston, and the "balls" Obama has for doing what he HAS to do on gun control, right?

It is pretty easy to judge these decisions through the prism of history ins't it?.
The USA and it's allies won the war. Remember, we were the good guys.
I, for one, am glad we did what we had to do. It sucks people had to suffer, but that's war. War is hell.
We could have just made these people disappear. But we didn't. The Nazis did, the Soviets did but we didn't.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Verbane » Thu May 16, 2013 9:25 am

Thogey wrote:
scyther wrote:

It is pretty easy to judge these decisions through the prism of history ins't it?.
I, for one, am glad we did what we had to do. It sucks people had to suffer, but that's war. War is hell.
We could have just made these people disappear. But we didn't. The Nazis did, the Soviets did but we didn't.

+1

God forbid we shut our eyes to history because it isn't pretty.
Winner of the "2014 Thogey Award for Long Term Coin Hoarding in the Face of Spousal Skepticism". Awarded by AGgressive Metal, 8-6-2014.
Verbane
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Thu May 16, 2013 9:35 am

Thogey wrote:
scyther wrote:

Which is exactly what people are saying now about Boston, etc.

I disagreed then (when I read about it) and I disagree with martial law now.
barrytrot

Postby shinnosuke » Thu May 16, 2013 9:47 am

pennypicker wrote:

Nah, don't go. You are a good guy, I know, from personal experience. You simply have a different opinion about an incident in our mutual history. That's not an ex-communication level infraction.

I have a Japanese wife so my opinion might be considered tainted. Therefore, I will merely say that a cordial debate can open our eyes to all sorts of new info.

Let there be peace among us.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 16, 2013 2:06 pm

I don't want you to leave pennypicker. corsair is entitled to his opinion on this as well. this is a time and.topic for thick skins.

I'm not sure I know enough to pass judgment on the internment camp decision. While i don't like the way it was carried out, I do know it was a time of great fear, and while it is easy to backseat drive from the advantage of 70 year hindsight - but remember t the war was truly in doubt at the time.

The US was a sleepy largely pacifist country with a tiny army and navy and
relatively inadequate munitions, and our Pacific fleet was now largely destroyed
with little between Imperialist Japan and the US west coast.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Thu May 16, 2013 2:08 pm

sorry for the typos - I'll correct later if needed but there is only so much i can do on this phone.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby InfleXion » Thu May 16, 2013 2:23 pm

Thank you for the article. Now we know they the metal exchanges are experiencing record outflows of physical, if there was any question. I would really like to see this chart in another month now that we are having a firesale.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby scyther » Thu May 16, 2013 3:32 pm

Thogey wrote:
scyther wrote:

I think it's easier to justify something through the prism of history when you don't have to live through it. If it happened today, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us would be against it. But maybe I'm wrong. I know I would be. Also, I've never considered "war is hell", "Nazis did worse things", "we won" to be good excuses.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu May 16, 2013 3:59 pm

InfleXion wrote:Thank you for the article. Now we know they the metal exchanges are experiencing record outflows of physical, if there was any question. I would really like to see this chart in another month now that we are having a firesale.

WOW! Here is one guy who stuck with the OP!! And he is a nuubee!! :clap: :clap: :thumbup: :lol:

I appreciate your input, InfleXion. I am a little late on this, but WELCOME TO REALCENT! :lol:

EDIT: Oh, wait!! I am wrong. I read your number of posts and thought you were new. Shucks! Thanks for the input anyway! :thumbup:
Last edited by Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay on Thu May 16, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu May 16, 2013 4:04 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
pennypicker wrote:

Nah, don't go. You are a good guy, I know, from personal experience. You simply have a different opinion about an incident in our mutual history. That's not an ex-communication level infraction.

I have a Japanese wife so my opinion might be considered tainted. Therefore, I will merely say that a cordial debate can open our eyes to all sorts of new info.

Let there be peace among us.

はい! What he said. Let there be peace among us.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:49 pm

People would do well to know about American history....the good, AND the bad!

Our country has done some very good things, but...we've also been responsible for some awful things too. Too many to list here.

I find it shocking that so many people I've talked to really have no grasp of how our history has shaped our politics and way of life, or why they should care. :?

The answers are out there....for those who want to find them. ;)

I've been reading about the Holocaust and the life of Adolf Hitler lately. I read a chapter of it each night before going to bed. My dad I and watched a
documentary on the Military Channel. It talked about the Cuban Missile Crisis. A significant part of our history. Fascinating. :thumbup:
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat May 18, 2013 10:09 pm

SilverDragon72 wrote:
...history....the good, AND the bad!...

The answers are out there....for those who want to find them. ;)

:

It is excellent to read history. But be careful even with that - the first book you read is not likely to have the full story. Nor the second, or tenth. History is written by people with bias, that's just a fact.
68Camaro

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals