Nice Reversal

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Nice Reversal

Postby InfleXion » Tue May 21, 2013 7:11 pm

I know someone around here who has a thing for silver bottoms!
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue May 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Wow, sounds like high school. If this is the behavior I missed while I was gone, or if this is the way this once friendly, cozy forum is going, perhaps I do not belong....

Never in a billion years did I think I would say that....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby johnbrickner » Tue May 21, 2013 8:14 pm

Engineer wrote:
I would love some accountability, Mr. A******. I took the time this morning to look through some of your posts over the years, and you've complained about others trolling you while flaming them for years. What I posted above was fact, gleaned from your own words, and you have the gall to deny them while crying that I'm lying and attacking you.

If I choose to attack, I won't hide behind a screen name to do so. I'll do it directly...by bringing Mr. A****** up to speed on your antics, and pointing out that you may pose a liability issue to *******. If you're absolutely sure that you haven't acted in a way which would embarrass your employer, feel free to keep pushing my buttons.

Two members have a heated discourse on our public forum and it ends up with one threatening the other's professional livelihood? That is just wrong!

This is the kind of thing that happens when humanity stops being human . . . and civilization stops being civil.

NotABigDeal wrote:Wow, sounds like high school. If this is the behavior I missed while I was gone, or if this is the way this once friendly, cozy forum is going, perhaps I do not belong....

Deal

Deal, I find my self in your corner agreeing with your words. To say my feelings towards this forum and the high regard I have had for it's membership have changed is an understatement. It has taken on a not so nice reversal.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Tue May 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Its still basically the same forum. JFF has a nack for getting under peoples skin and a few of us rose to the bait. I agree that threatening to damage a member's professional reputation is over the line and I'm glad that The Powers That Be stepped in the clarify forum rules. Despite JFFs challenging behavior I believe he is owed an apology, although I'd be surprised to see him posting here again.

Aside from that and Neil's Hunter S. Thompson impersonation, everything has been great! :)
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue May 21, 2013 8:50 pm

I like the Hunter post. This infighting and baiting is silly.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

NotABigDeal

Postby scyther » Tue May 21, 2013 9:05 pm

There have been a few problems over the past week or so, mostly with JFF but a couple other things too. This isn't typical. It's usually quite peaceful here. I suspect it will go back to being peaceful now.
Last edited by scyther on Tue May 21, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby blackrabbit » Tue May 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Silly egos. I can't even read all this crap.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue May 21, 2013 9:27 pm

Engineer wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:
Engineer wrote:You accuse me of having no moral character, and I take offense to those words. If you'd like to back them up, I'll be happy to meet you in the Dells to "discuss" our issues in person. Just let me know the time that works for you, and I'll arrange my schedule to suit. :thumbup:

You simply flat out lie. You continue to blatantly lie then change the subject by lying even more without any accountability.
Oh, and I made edits at the time of posting after noticing simple typos but you carry on with the story telling. The unaccountable faceless lies, surmising falsehoods, and twisting and contorting words in effort to besmirch and gain favor is astounding by you.
And look- this is all an attack on what I supposedly said or believe. You are attacking me yet when I call out your blatant lies and misrepresentation you twist and squirm into some other attack filled narrative. Attack attack attack and yet you seem immune to being accountable for your own actions. There is no morale character in that.

Cheers!

I would love some accountability, Mr. A******. I took the time this morning to look through some of your posts over the years, and you've complained about others trolling you while flaming them for years. What I posted above was fact, gleaned from your own words, and you have the gall to deny them while crying that I'm lying and attacking you.

If I choose to attack, I won't hide behind a screen name to do so. I'll do it directly...by bringing Mr. A****** up to speed on your antics, and pointing out that you may pose a liability issue to *******. If you're absolutely sure that you haven't acted in a way which would embarrass your employer, feel free to keep pushing my buttons.

Sure. I see now that your lies have caught you to the boiling point. The thread shows many of your ill attempts to twist my words, including your desperate and blatant lies. When I pointed them out one after another you ignored them and kept trolling by trying new angles and new tactics.
You have no idea who I really am, where i am or where i live or or what i do professionally. Threatening me is completely out of line and that won't work either. Remember how this all started. You took aim and I defended. You tried attacking again, I defended. you twist words and lie. Perhaps some don't agree with returning fire with fire but I won't back down from someone so pathetic and empty of moral character.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Tue May 21, 2013 9:42 pm

scyther wrote:There have been a few problems over the past week or so, mostly with JFF but a couple other things too. This isn't typical. It's usually quite peaceful here. I suspect it will go back to being peaceful now.

Is it possible you spoke to soon? :roll:
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Tue May 21, 2013 9:43 pm

theo wrote:
scyther wrote:There have been a few problems over the past week or so, mostly with JFF but a couple other things too. This isn't typical. It's usually quite peaceful here. I suspect it will go back to being peaceful now.

Is it possible you spoke to soon? :roll:

I was thinking the same thing :roll:
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Tue May 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Also, I think this thread should be locked.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Tue May 21, 2013 9:49 pm

theo wrote:Also, I think this thread should be locked.

I have to disagree. If we close this outlet, JFF will start the fight elsewhere. Just leave it here.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Tue May 21, 2013 10:03 pm

Don't lock it. We need it open for posting.

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

NotABigDeal

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue May 21, 2013 10:03 pm

theo wrote:Its still basically the same forum. JFF has a nack for getting under peoples skin and a few of us rose to the bait. I agree that threatening to damage a member's professional reputation is over the line and I'm glad that The Powers That Be stepped in the clarify forum rules. Despite JFFs challenging behavior I believe he is owed an apology, although I'd be surprised to see him posting here again.

Aside from that and Neil's Hunter S. Thompson impersonation, everything has been great! :)

I don't mind posting friend. And I agree with you about threats. That a whole new area that's not for me.
Mostly people here have a genuine disdain for financial markets, financial traders to the point where some enthusiastically feel compelled to exert hatred. I trade physical and financial markets. There are benefits of both and in some instances are required for businesses to operate effectively and efficiently. There have been many instances where I've posted functional and infrastructure related information about the market mechanics. Some whose blood boils because of the existence of the Federal Reserve, QE x, y, or z have been looking for a chance to lance out. It's happened here many times. They have posted incorrect information in rebuttal, sometimes with a personal cheap shot or two to go with it. I've had no problem replying, however. It's important for the structural aspects to be correctly understood because people here might read and believe the incorrect information. I've been willing to take the beating if it meant offering correct information. And I'm not talking about opinions, hunches or anecdotal support about various ideas. I respect the unprovable as being opinion. We all have 'email and I respect that. I don't expect folks to go back and read everything that's ever been said but I will stand my ground when people attack with sloppy lazy twists and incorrect representation of what someone has said when their intent is to mislead others into believing something different in a destructive effort. I also take issue when people blatantly lie about others or what they say. It's not right. I've been abrasive in response to such. However, I don't make the same effort in return. I don't lurk and attack relentlessly when I see someone post about whatever they chose. I have occasionally commented like anyone else but never in the predatory trolling style seen here by others recently. That's not me. I am a defender and willing to stand my ground. Good or bad, its part of my physical nature as a former state champion wrestler and linebacker. and that may be why I have given no hesitation to counter strike in challenge when attacked. Consequently, I have accidentally been harsh to a couple here that I would not have otherwise. For that I feel bad and am sorry.
Some may take delight in picking this post apart. I don't care either way. I say what I mean and I mean what I say, which is more than some can say.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Tue May 21, 2013 10:05 pm

johnbrickner wrote:
Engineer wrote:

Two members have a heated discourse on our public forum and it ends up with one threatening the other's professional livelihood? That is just wrong!

This is the kind of thing that happens when humanity stops being human . . . and civilization stops being civil.

NotABigDeal wrote:Wow, sounds like high school. If this is the behavior I missed while I was gone, or if this is the way this once friendly, cozy forum is going, perhaps I do not belong....

Deal

Deal, I find my self in your corner agreeing with your words. To say my feelings towards this forum and the high regard I have had for it's membership have changed is an understatement. It has taken on a not so nice reversal.

Also, the board has attracted some impressive new members. Inflexion, in particular, has written a string of very strong posts over the past month or so. Keep in mind I say this knowing that he is likely a Seahawks fan. :thumbdown:
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue May 21, 2013 10:09 pm

" 'email" should read " 'em"- sorry. Won't edit the post for typos- Been falsely accused of changing pertinent details for that.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby InfleXion » Tue May 21, 2013 10:34 pm

Theo, you should check out some Legion of Boom videos :mrgreen:
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Tue May 21, 2013 11:10 pm

johnbrickner wrote:Two members have a heated discourse on our public forum and it ends up with one threatening the other's professional livelihood? That is just wrong!

You have a valid point, but only to an extent. Professionals are expected to behave like professionals, and if there's any threat to his livelihood from his postings here, it's his own doing. I make no apologies for that post, although I do apologize to the rest of you for feeding into his rants.

I don't know about the rest of you, but having a trader from a "market maker" with tens to hundreds of thousands of shares of GLD and SLV here in our midst strikes me as odd...especially when he plays the oracle of realcent. Whether or not that smells right should be an individual decision, and as JFF says, DYODD.

That's it for me.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue May 21, 2013 11:54 pm

Engineer wrote:
johnbrickner wrote:Two members have a heated discourse on our public forum and it ends up with one threatening the other's professional livelihood? That is just wrong!

You have a valid point, but only to an extent. Professionals are expected to behave like professionals, and if there's any threat to his livelihood from his postings here, it's his own doing. I make no apologies for that post, although I do apologize to the rest of you for feeding into his rants.

I don't know about the rest of you, but having a trader from a "market maker" with tens to hundreds of thousands of shares of GLD and SLV here in our midst strikes me as odd...especially when he plays the oracle of realcent. Whether or not that smells right should be an individual decision, and as JFF says, DYODD.

That's it for me.

The perpetual lies are simply laughable. For one, I do not trade SLV or GLD- To say I do is a blatant fabricated lie. I am not "from a market maker". That is a lie. I "play" no oracle of realcent. To say I do is a lie. Your lies have their own "smell". What silly nonsense to speak of "professionals to behave like professionals" with you perpetual badgering and ill intended efforts to besmirch. You are attacking me. I am defending myself. You "threaten" my livelihood (Good luck with that) then say it's my own doing? No sir- that is your own doing. YOU made the threat, laughable, foolhardy and ridiculous as it was. It really takes someone of no moral character to fabricate the lies that you have then threaten me when your short straws slip out of your grasp. You really have taken this forum to a new low. That's very disappointing.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rosco » Wed May 22, 2013 12:18 am

Back to original topic :wave:

looks like Price of PM is slipping back :thumbdown:

Still stacking slowly :lol:
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Wed May 22, 2013 12:49 am

Jonflyfish wrote:
Engineer wrote:

That's it for me.

The perpetual lies are simply laughable. For one, I do not trade SLV or GLD- To say I do is a blatant fabricated lie. I am not "from a market maker". That is a lie. I "play" no oracle of realcent. To say I do is a lie. Your lies have their own "smell". What silly nonsense to speak of "professionals to behave like professionals" with you perpetual badgering and ill intended efforts to besmirch. You are attacking me. I am defending myself. You "threaten" my livelihood (Good luck with that) then say it's my own doing? No sir- that is your own doing. YOU made the threat, laughable, foolhardy and ridiculous as it was. It really takes someone of no moral character to fabricate the lies that you have then threaten me when your short straws slip out of your grasp. You really have taken this forum to a new low. That's very disappointing.

Cheers!

"Cheers!" indeed, fore the plot doth thicken, methinks.

Charge......counter-charge. Laugh, counter-laugh. "Smell", counter-smell. Threats, counter-threats. Short straws, shorter straws, Lows, new lows.

And on it goes, the unfolding saga of JonFlyFish, is he pinned "on the mat", or is this just the misdirection of a one time state champeen wrestler?....whose canny counterpunch contains the real wallop?

or is the whole story contained in an inexplicable change of avatars? A "buried" message perhaps? The change from an alma mater flag, to a grinning winking Brad Pitt, holding the promise of just one more dance?...one more insult, one more new low, one more new global social cause?

yes...indeed, the plot thickens, as the question begs, what is the truth?...is he the antagonist?..or protangonist?...troll or troll hunter?.....Yin or Yang?....the plot thickens, the questions mount.

Just who IS Jon Fly Fish? Misunderstood "plunger" thrust into the role of "oracle"?...or a deeper and darker revelation of who we are?

OR, could he actaully be the "Walrus"? ...long sought after. All realcenter's hold their collective breaths, as the truth slowly unfolds.

Last edited by neilgin1 on Wed May 22, 2013 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Wed May 22, 2013 12:52 am

Rosco wrote:Back to original topic :wave:

looks like Price of PM is slipping back :thumbdown:

On the bright side, it's getting back in line with historical prices of other commodities. I was worried when silver passed the old benchmark of a 90% quarter to a gallon of gas, and sure enough, it's fallen back to that level. From that simple perspective, I don't think silver is a terrible long-term bet at these levels.

Outside of the expensive areas, typical homes are in the range of 100oz of gold, and about 3x typical income. Those numbers don't seem too out of line, but I'd be a lot more confident if houses were closer to 2.5x income.

On the surface, these things appear to be normalizing...but I still worry about the coming day when the paper markets blow up.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed May 22, 2013 1:04 am

neilgin1 wrote:

Charge......counter-charge. Laugh, counter-laugh. "Smell", counter-smell. Threats, counter-threats. Short straws, shorter straws, Lows, new lows.

And on it goes, the unfolding saga of JonFlyFish, is he pinned "on the mat", or is this just the misdirection of a one time state champeen wrestler?....whose canny counterpunch contains the real wallop?

or is the whole story contained in an inexplicable change of avatars? A "buried" message perhaps? The change from an alma mater flag, to a grinning winking Brad Pitt, holding the promise of just one more dance?...one more insult, one more new low, one more new global social cause?

yes...indeed, the plot thickens, as the question begs, what is the truth?...is he the antagonist?..or protangonist?...troll or troll hunter?.....Yin or Yang?....the plot thickens, the questions mount.

Just who IS Jon Fly Fish? Misunderstood "plunger" thrust into the role of "oracle"?...or a deeper and darker revelation of who we are?

OR, could he actaully be the "Walrus"? ...long sought after. All realcenter's hold their collective breaths, as the truth slowly unfolds.

Ahoy! Alas. The mighty man at the pen who has "made a lot of money" with his soliloquies. Will the next suicidal queer bashing drug and alcohol induced plea for help be yet another joke?

Could it be the great orator of "been there done that bigger and badder than everyone else" tall taller tallest tale teller?

Or is he the mighty self appointed defender of the realcent gate deemed worthy to protect his just causes?

Could you actually be a skunk? Misunderstood lord of the pen. Please thicken the plot with "buried" thoughts, ideas of the Illuminati? Quick, duck, they are coming for you.

The MIB's are back, or without the overdose of painkillers was it just the mailman? IS he going postal? Or, was it just the wide-eyed bimbo at the bar that he spoke so fondly of when belittling others?

Quick man the post! Oh could the great one actually be gracing us with his presence or is it just another big joke?

Just who IS Neil gin 1? One who begs of truth or struggles to tell it?

Captain realcent asked all to hold their collective breaths- wait for it...wait for it.....

I just threw you a line to reach across the bow, friend.

Sorry, Can't you forgive. I was raised to "love thy neighbor". How else could it possibly be expressed?

Cheers indeed old wise sage of realcent!

P.S.- NO I won't "counter threat". He's on his own with that but nice try "bru"
Last edited by Jonflyfish on Wed May 22, 2013 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Wed May 22, 2013 1:34 am

Jonflyfish wrote:
neilgin1 wrote:

Ahoy! Alas. The mighty man at the pen who has "made a lot of money" with his soliloquies. Will the next suicidal queer bashing drug and alcohol induced plea for help be yet another joke?

Could it be the great orator of "been there done that bigger and badder than everyone else" tall taller tallest tale teller?

Could you actually be a skunk? Misunderstood lord of the pen. Please thicken the plot with "buried" thoughts, ideas of the Illuminati? Quick, duck, they are coming for you.

The MIB's are back, or without the overdose of painkillers was it just the mailman? IS he going postal? Or, was it just the wide-eyed bimbo at the bar that he spoke so fondly of when belittling others?

Quick man the post! Oh could the great one actually be gracing us with his presence or is it just another big joke?

I just threw you a line to reach across the bow, friend.

Sorry, Can't you forgive. I was raised to "love my neighbor". How else could it possibly be expressed?

Cheers indeed old wise sage of realcent!

nuh uh,,,,give it up Jonny boy, you're not as good.

you're a mess, human wreckage, as funny as befouled undergarments. in short?....you're all effed up, and to be un-effed, i'd have to remake you all over again, stamp out those dreary years in cramped shoes, man whoring up and down LaSalle Street, muttering to yourself, 'i'm the little train who could....i think i can, i think i can, i think i can'.

or...IF, you had any dignity, would have heeded my advice...leave. Just leave.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed May 22, 2013 1:43 am

neilgin1 wrote:
nuh uh,,,,give it up Jonny boy, you're not as good.

you're a mess, human wreckage, as funny as befouled undergarments. in short?....you're all effed up, and to be un-effed, i'd have to remake you all over again, stamp out those dreary years in cramped shoes, man whoring up and down LaSalle Street, muttering to yourself, 'i'm the little train who could....i think i can, i think i can, i think i can'.

or...IF, you had any dignity, would have heeded my advice...leave. Just leave.

I take no pleasure in saying this, NONE-

How could anyone be as good?
Nobody can tell such mentally disturbed soliloquies as thou.
Dignity and taking advice from a foul mouthed substance abuser don't mix.

Speaking of "mess, human wreckage...effed up"- You are a ticking time bomb. If you have any self worth put down the bottle, put down the pills and check yourself into the psych ward before its too late.

I won't entertain any further comments from you until you are clean, dry and sober. I will not!

Cheers!
Last edited by Jonflyfish on Wed May 22, 2013 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals