Nice Reversal

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Nice Reversal

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed May 22, 2013 5:30 pm

scyther please do not quote, try to understand, or rationalize any content in this thread.

Here is something for everyone's viewing pleasure:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23998
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby agmoose » Wed May 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Love the pics. Oh, and it isn't that hard to discover the true identity of any of us. There are high school kids with the skill sets to do this.........
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby theo » Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 pm

scyther wrote:Maybe Engineer's threat was going overboard, maybe it wasn't, but I see no reason why it should be criminal (it could be, I don't know- just saying I don't think it should be). If you've been behaving in a way that would embarrass your employer, why shouldn't he tell? If you've let your identity slip, why should he pretend not to know?

By the way, am I also not as anonymous as I think I am? I can think of a way someone could theoretically discover my identity through connections between a couple different sites I've been on, but I doubt anyone ever will.

No, nothing that has happened here rises to the level of criminal behavior. A civil suit could be filed but even that would be a stretch as JFF would have to show that he was emotionally*** or financially damaged. For example, if JFF's employers were told about his comments here and he was subsequently fired or demoted, then perhaps he has a case. I think in general we should able to keep our private activities from our employers assuming they don't impact our job performance. Of course, if JFF is posting from a company computer that would be another matter entirely.

If there is objectable behavior we should either be able to ignore it and move on or (if it goes too far) trust the Admin to handle it. I just don't believe that taking action outside of the forum to settle a dispute is necessary.

***Perhaps JFF was emotionally damaged by this forum, but honestly who hasn't been ;) For example I was eating when I first saw Rodebaugh's dead (for real) horse. :)
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Wed May 22, 2013 7:11 pm

In the interests of full disclosure, my nefarious PM threat to JFF was to have some fun at his expense if he isn't nice on the forum...and I will now make good on that threat. Jonflyfish is a fluffy kitten. Sue me if you must. :cry:

[/beatingdeadhorse]
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby rsk1963 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:21 pm

horse2.gif
horse2.gif (4.05 KiB) Viewed 415 times

I believe this emoticon should be added.
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby agmoose » Wed May 22, 2013 7:24 pm

Engineer wrote:In the interests of full disclosure, my nefarious PM threat to JFF was to have some fun at his expense if he isn't nice on the forum...and I will now make good on that threat. Jonflyfish is a fluffy kitten. Sue me if you must. :cry:

[/beatingdeadhorse]

I may be in the minority.......but I'm laughing. Have fun. It took me about 15 min to figure out who someone here is, where he was born, family members, etc. The net is just loaded with little clues we leave behind at every stop. If anonymity is what you want, too bad, if you're using any social media, forums, shopping sites, etc.....you are easy to reveal. Anyone who does any counterintel work, computer security, etc can do this with little effort because we all too often leave little clues in casual conversation.

I'm sure the IRS employs these tactics very efficiently.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Wed May 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Looking at 30 day charts of silver and gold, Ag is down ~23% while Au is down 4%.

I'm not sure whether to think of this as more upside potential for Ag or more downside for Au, but I'm leaning toward the latter.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby agmoose » Wed May 22, 2013 7:46 pm

I think both will slide another 7-12%. Just my own opinion, not advice. Lots of time for buying before the next big upswing.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:scyther please do not quote, try to understand, or rationalize any content in this thread.

Here is something for everyone's viewing pleasure:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23998

Very true about beating a dead horse....
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby agmoose » Wed May 22, 2013 7:53 pm

Horses are clearly being targeted in this thread.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Wed May 22, 2013 8:00 pm

agmoose wrote:
Engineer wrote:In the interests of full disclosure, my nefarious PM threat to JFF was to have some fun at his expense if he isn't nice on the forum...and I will now make good on that threat. Jonflyfish is a fluffy kitten. Sue me if you must. :cry:

[/beatingdeadhorse]

I may be in the minority.......but I'm laughing. Have fun. It took me about 15 min to figure out who someone here is, where he was born, family members, etc. The net is just loaded with little clues we leave behind at every stop. If anonymity is what you want, too bad, if you're using any social media, forums, shopping sites, etc.....you are easy to reveal. Anyone who does any counterintel work, computer security, etc can do this with little effort because we all too often leave little clues in casual conversation.

I'm sure the IRS employs these tactics very efficiently.

Hm, that's rather disturbing. I've never had any illusions about true anonymity on the internet- I always knew it would be easy for the government to find me- but I never knew other forum members could, at least not without serious hacking skills. Can you see their IP address when they post? I know the admins can, but I didn't think forum members could...
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby rsk1963 » Wed May 22, 2013 8:01 pm

agmoose wrote:Horses are clearly being targeted in this thread.

better horses than people?
those that sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

the bee...gathers it's materials from the flowers of the garden and of the field, but transforms and digests it by a power of it's own.
rsk1963
Post Hoarder

Postby agmoose » Wed May 22, 2013 8:13 pm

rsk1963 wrote:
agmoose wrote:Horses are clearly being targeted in this thread.

better horses than people?

Very true. :shock:
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed May 22, 2013 8:36 pm

theo wrote:
scyther wrote:Maybe Engineer's threat was going overboard, maybe it wasn't, but I see no reason why it should be criminal (it could be, I don't know- just saying I don't think it should be). If you've been behaving in a way that would embarrass your employer, why shouldn't he tell? If you've let your identity slip, why should he pretend not to know?

By the way, am I also not as anonymous as I think I am? I can think of a way someone could theoretically discover my identity through connections between a couple different sites I've been on, but I doubt anyone ever will.

No, nothing that has happened here rises to the level of criminal behavior. A civil suit could be filed but even that would be a stretch as JFF would have to show that he was emotionally*** or financially damaged. For example, if JFF's employers were told about his comments here and he was subsequently fired or demoted, then perhaps he has a case. I think in general we should able to keep our private activities from our employers assuming they don't impact our job performance. Of course, if JFF is posting from a company computer that would be another matter entirely.

If there is objectable behavior we should either be able to ignore it and move on or (if it goes too far) trust the Admin to handle it. I just don't believe that taking action outside of the forum to settle a dispute is necessary.

***Perhaps JFF was emotionally damaged by this forum, but honestly who hasn't been ;) For example I was eating when I first saw Rodebaugh's dead (for real) horse. :)

Whoa folks,
That poor horse and yet the village keeps taking blows.
Far too much conjecture so I'll help you out. Didn't think it mattered but since its still (somehow) on the radar-
A threat to harm one in anyway is taken differently these days. I won't cover the harassing nature of the PM but sufficeth to say the instigator even had a silly link to the NFA with the record of someone that he thinks is me. Well it's not. Sorry, never worked at Morgan Stanley. I'm not a broker either. In fact nobody here knows exactly what I do. And they really shouldn't care either

But if you think I should be embarrassed for pointing out someone's endless lies (who had the gall to threaten harm) or making a corrective statement, or defending myself then please report this activity to my employer. You can send complaints directly to my employer by sending me a PM. I'll review them against my own policy to see if you have merit then take any corrective or disciplinary action as needed.

Cheers!
Last edited by Jonflyfish on Wed May 22, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby agmoose » Wed May 22, 2013 8:37 pm

Scyther.....it had nothing to do with IP addresses......and it wasn't related to this thread.
agmoose
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Thogey » Wed May 22, 2013 9:00 pm

This thread is like a really bad car wreck. You don't want to look but you do.

You should congratulate yourselves for creating such a historic piece of $hit .

This whole thing should be deleted and a few of you should be suspended.

Thank you for F&cking up one of my favorite things to do.

You whining broads should be ashamed for your behavior here. BOTH SIDES OF THIS ARGUEMENT!

You all have just F-ed this forum and ruined my confidence in the market here.

You "investigate" other members?

WHAT!

Are you going to Google my address and plan a rip-off?

I got news for you, you better do it right. You better plan, because I do.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby NotABigDeal » Wed May 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Thogey wrote:This thread is like a really bad car wreck. You don't want to look but you do.

You whining broads should be ashamed for your behavior here. BOTH SIDES OF THIS ARGUEMENT!

WHAT!

Yeah, you tell 'em buddy! What he said....

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby SilverDragon72 » Wed May 22, 2013 9:29 pm

Maybe this thread should be thrown out.

Just my 2 cents. It has become rather tired and pointless. :?
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NotABigDeal » Wed May 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Not deleted. In fact copied and shared as an example of how NOT TO ACT HERE!!!! But that's just me, and who am I?

Deal
I plead the 2nd....

Control your kids and your crazy ass relatives, leave my guns alone.

TTS 10/30/60-10/25/13 Dad.
NotABigDeal

Postby AGgressive Metal » Wed May 22, 2013 9:39 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:And they really shouldn't care either

I definitely don't care. Cheers!

Worst. Thread. Ever.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed May 22, 2013 9:45 pm

AGgressive Metal wrote:

Thanks friend. Nobody should. That's the point.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed May 22, 2013 9:47 pm

NotABigDeal wrote:
Thogey wrote:This thread is like a really bad car wreck. You don't want to look but you do.

WHAT!

Yeah, you tell 'em buddy! What he said....

Deal

+1

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby AGgressive Metal » Wed May 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
AGgressive Metal wrote:

Thanks friend. Nobody should. That's the point.

Cheers!

What I mean is I don't care about anything you've ever posted. You have zero feedback, no tangible identity, and zero credentials. The fact that anyone here feels compelled to argue with you is just silly on their part, and is apparently something you enjoy or you'd be gone by now.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby JJM » Wed May 22, 2013 11:08 pm

And the Kook of The Month award goes to.......

JJM
Penny Collector Member

Postby JJM » Wed May 22, 2013 11:27 pm

JJM
Penny Collector Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals