Help build a supplier database - Phase 1 [update 5/6]

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Help build a supplier database - Phase 1 [update 5/6]

Postby Z00 » Sun May 05, 2013 6:42 pm

I am pulling together info on suppliers with a goal of making a comprehensive list of them and a place to record experiences.

Phase 1 is to compile a list. The following is a start. Please add.

[The whole list is now online]

http://www.host4.us/suppliers

This is also available as a stand alone desktop eBook.
Last edited by Z00 on Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Help build a supplier database - Phase 1

Postby ScottyTX » Sun May 05, 2013 6:58 pm

A couple I've ordered from before with decent experiences, Gold Mart and Colorado Gold.. Oh and Tulving should be up there as well
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance. "
Laurence J. Peter
ScottyTX
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Sun May 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Quality Silver Bullion

Forget Angie's List... we have Z00's List :D :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby SilverDragon72 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:14 pm

I've had good luck with Provident, Apmex, The Copper Cave, and Rodebaugh Silver! :thumbup:

Plus a couple of private transactions with certain RC members too! :)
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sun May 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Texas precious metals
Miles Franklin
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Re: Help build a supplier database - Phase 1 [updated]

Postby Z00 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:23 pm

The list is updated.

Question for the producers of the limited small run stuff that are members here. Do you want to be included?
A&M, Rodebaugh, MH, etc. also Nate?
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby jmaii » Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 pm

I've personally bought from:

http://www.jmbullion.com/

I have bullion from:

http://www.scottsdalesilver.com/
http://www.monarchpreciousmetals.com/
http://www.usmint.gov/

I have access to a fairly comprehensive business directory at my library; I'll see if that helps find others.
"Silver and gold, silver and gold / Everyone wishes for silver and gold.
How do you measure it's worth? / Just by the pleasure it gives here on Earth."
-- Sam the Snowman, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
jmaii
Penny Sorter Member

Postby Z00 » Sun May 05, 2013 11:34 pm

I have compiled the basic database into an ebook that can sit on your desktop. If you would like a copy to sort of "beta test" it, send me a PM.

Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby TXBullion » Sun May 05, 2013 11:48 pm

TXBullion

Postby Rosco » Sun May 05, 2013 11:52 pm

Kitco is also a major vendor with Private label product
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Mon May 06, 2013 12:06 am

Goldmart
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Help build a supplier database - Phase 1 [update 5/6]

Postby Z00 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:04 am

Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby ThePowersThatBe » Mon May 06, 2013 9:36 am

I don't want to rain on Z00's parade, and obviously he is welcome to continue, but I do have a dealer database and review system planned for Realcent. It will probably be about two more weeks before it's ready. If all goes according to plan it will utilize everybody's existing login information and members will be able to post comments, rate dealers, add new dealers, etc.
ThePowersThatBe
Realcent Admin

Postby Lemon Thrower » Mon May 06, 2013 9:52 am

Ray.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Z00 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:06 pm

ThePowersThatBe wrote:I don't want to rain on Z00's parade, and obviously he is welcome to continue, but I do have a dealer database and review system planned for Realcent. It will probably be about two more weeks before it's ready. If all goes according to plan it will utilize everybody's existing login information and members will be able to post comments, rate dealers, add new dealers, etc.

Not a problem. I will continue to build mine, as it will give us a starting list. I don't know what kind of contact detail you plan on having in your listings. As you can see, I try to provide as much as I can find out. My listings can also be used offline as a desktop eBook. So there may be a use for both.

Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby alpacafarmer » Mon May 06, 2013 12:26 pm

CNI California Numistic www.golddealer.com Have used several times and they have very good customer service.
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Postby Z00 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:18 am

Don't forget, this is not just a list of "good" suppliers. We need to include others as well so that buyers know which ones are questionable and/or high priced. Will start another thread for stage 2.

Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby alpacafarmer » Tue May 21, 2013 9:30 am

Just a note, I ordered gold on Wedn. from Provident and it was delivered on Mon. now that is quick turn around.
alpacafarmer
Penny Collector Member

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Thu May 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Gotta say, I am really enjoying this database... Thanks ZOO! It's very interesting and when I have a Pot to Pee in again, I think I'll have to try a new co. or too.
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby Z00 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:03 am

TY
You can also now use the address http://www.BullionDB.com to get there.

Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals