Thanks Rodebaugh

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Thanks Rodebaugh

Postby chefdan311 » Sat May 18, 2013 3:52 pm

I wanna thank rodebaugh for turning me on to this site and helping my addiction to coins and precious metal along. There is not alot of interest where im from so to meet like someone like him really pointed me in the right direction. Much love brother, ive got new stuff to show you!
chefdan311

Re: Thanks Rodebaugh

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun May 19, 2013 11:19 am

chefdan311 wrote:I wanna thank rodebaugh for turning me on to this site and helping my addiction to coins and precious metal along. There is not alot of interest where im from so to meet like someone like him really pointed me in the right direction. Much love brother, ive got new stuff to show you!

Glad you joined. You'll find Its a good group of folks here and there are some pretty nice deals to be had in the Market area from time to time.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby slickeast » Sun May 19, 2013 11:23 am

No need to make Docs head any bigger. It is already big enough.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby chefdan311 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:24 pm

yea to get get my 10 posts in. How does the market work
chefdan311

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun May 19, 2013 1:35 pm

chefdan311 wrote:yea to get get my 10 posts in. How does the market work

Its pretty easy. You see a listing or an item that you like and PM the seller. There you exchange info (address and such), iron out payment details, agree on the deal, then follow through on the terms.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby smackvay » Sun May 19, 2013 1:39 pm

as far as scammers does that happen much here? i saw 2 things id like to have got last night but this type of purchasing is new to me?
you guys can pm me with any advice and ive dealt with a member on here at a trading card site several times
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby chefdan311 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:44 pm

you have to have 10 posts first right? and also is there any small amounts of silver traded, im still in the small amounts stage but looking to work my way up!
chefdan311

Postby chefdan311 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:44 pm

i only need 2 more posts lol
chefdan311

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun May 19, 2013 1:52 pm

smackvay wrote:as far as scammers does that happen much here? i saw 2 things id like to have got last night but this type of purchasing is new to me?
you guys can pm me with any advice and ive dealt with a member on here at a trading card site several times

Just like eBay....Its always smart to Check the sellers feedback. Starting out I would recommend doing a few smaller deals and sticking with the active traders and long time members. Scamming is almost 100% non existant on RC. I have personaly mailed a member here a small flat rate box full of Unc Morgan dollars to look through, buy what he likes, and mail back the rest with payment. This level of trust works here between seasoned traders and is unheard of on other trading platforms. Also there are NO fees....which is super helpful for sellers running 2-3% profit margins.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun May 19, 2013 1:54 pm

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=28

To make this an easy and enjoyable experience for the buyers and sellers on this forum, the following guidelines will assist you to help everyone else.

SELLERS:
- A minimum of 10 posts is required before listing items for sale or auction here.
- Clearly state what is for sale, pictures help
- State your desired price for each item listed. If the price is firm, then say so.
- State whether shipping is included in the price, or separate from price.
- Shipping insurance information is important. List whether it is included, or if there is an additional cost.
- If you do not wish to ship to certain countries, then list them. (nearly all members here are from the USA and Canada)
- State the acceptable payment method(s) and any banking delays for checks to clear before shipment.
- State whether there is a return policy, or not.
- If you do not have much feedback yet, then list some trade references or be prepared to ship to established members before getting paid
- Change the thread title by adding *SOLD* but keep the description within the posts.
- Please do not start other threads in other areas on RC to drive traffic to your sale. (signature line links are ok)
- Threads without activity for 21 days will automatically disappear

BUYERS:
- Ask all questions as a reply to the topic, or send a private message (You must have 10 posts to use the Private Message System)
- If you want the item as per the listing, immediately send an offer to the Seller by PM and, if you wish, post to the topic and say you want to buy
- Immediately send all of your shipping information to the seller via PM and advise how you will pay.
- Remember, there is no deal unless the Seller accepts the Buyers offer (on Buy it Now).

General guidelines:

1. Realcent only hosts the market, we do not regulate it in any meaningful way or get involved in transactions. All transactions are private contracts between the parties. We only articulate guidelines developed by our membership as necessary to keep basic order.
2. Realcent thrives because we host a free market that is free of both unnecessary restrictions and fees.
3. As a community we welcome innovation. After all as copper penny collectors we are not what most consider "mainstream".
4. Members should avoid posts that disrupt other people's marketing efforts.
5. Your evaluation of another member's transaction feedback, general reputation on the forum, and your self imposed safeguards are the primary tools to govern your own market activity.

*** If you are referred to this message, then you most likely have made a post that is unclear to some members. It is a learning experience, and we're all sure that you mean the best. And whomever referred you here means the best for you. Thanks for being a contributing member of the greatest forum for bullion coins and metals investing. Just remember that we're all in the same boat here, so be a good viking, and try to row in sync.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby chefdan311 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:58 pm

im very excited. this is the last post i need. i have been buying quarters on ebay with some luck. which feed do i need to start in. i noticed there were at lest three i think
chefdan311

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun May 19, 2013 2:01 pm

chefdan311 wrote:im very excited. this is the last post i need. i have been buying quarters on ebay with some luck. which feed do i need to start in. i noticed there were at lest three i think

Read through them all. My favorite is the "Buy it now".

Also try sending me a PM for practice
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby chefdan311 » Sun May 19, 2013 2:14 pm

what is the typical forms of payment
chefdan311

Postby Rodebaugh » Sun May 19, 2013 2:17 pm

chefdan311 wrote:what is the typical forms of payment

Most of the time:
Check
Post Office Money Order
Cash
Fee Free Paypal
Regular Paypal

I always ask for Check, MO, or Cash. Most folks pay via check. I let those clear on folks that I have not dealt with before I ship the goods. If I trust and have often dealings with a member I will mail the item out right away.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby slickeast » Sun May 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Look at the feedback. That will help you out. Like Doc said, some members that have been around awhile will do $20,000 deals just by a verbal agreement. I have never been scammed on RC and have been a member since Jan 2009. The feedback has not been around the whole time and some members have a lot more transactions than their feedback reflects. If you are not sure about someone, ask Doc since you already have a relationship with him.

Start off buying a low cost item to get a feel for how things work. Remember that since you are new, you will probably be required to pay first. Once you get established, some members may be willing to ship as soon as the deal is confirmed.

As with anything, use your best judgment.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby blackrabbit » Sun May 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Only one scammer that I know of was here ever and he was tossed out quickly. People have a lot of different viewpoints but generally are standup in business dealings. I have never personally had any problems. I have been pleasantly generously surprised many times as well.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby twoten01 » Mon May 20, 2013 8:03 am

smackvay wrote:as far as scammers does that happen much here? i saw 2 things id like to have got last night but this type of purchasing is new to me?

It's not like BO, over here, like Rodebaugh said, stick to some of the more active sellers(if you sell, being new, sell to the top tier members, you would usually ship first in that case) and build up your feedback. I have sent over $1,000 as a gift payment at least twice with no worries, due to the integrity, of most of our members. Still I would advise paying witha USPS mo, or regular paypal. Also check out beaunderos(Ray), he is our #1 seller/member on this site, always great deals with Ray.
twoten01
Penny Pincher Member

Postby chefdan311 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:16 pm

thanks guys I am really thankful for all the help cant wait to buy something!
chefdan311

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue May 28, 2013 1:04 pm

chefdan311 wrote:thanks guys I am really thankful for all the help cant wait to buy something!

Was at Maloney's Friday at lunch. Had some show and tell w/ me. Wrong day for a day off brother.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby chefdan311 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:39 pm

No doubt huh. I hate to hear that. I spent all my silver money for the month last week. Need to cool my heals. Love to see you though and hate I missed it. Won't be anymore days off lol.
chefdan311

Postby neilgin1 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:42 pm

chefdan311 wrote:I wanna thank rodebaugh for turning me on to this site and helping my addiction to coins and precious metal along. There is not alot of interest where im from so to meet like someone like him really pointed me in the right direction. Much love brother, ive got new stuff to show you!

Doc Rodee is not only a fine man, but a silver artisan....some day, SOON, I want to buy my very own 10 toz roll of Rolos.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby chefdan311 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:49 am

Is it a good idea to melt down your %90 that's not collector quality. Even the older coins to me it seems they would still have coin value because they are old. Or does the troy silver have more appeal
chefdan311

Postby Kurr » Wed May 29, 2013 11:52 am

One of coins biggest appeals is that it (coins) is easily recognizable. When you melt it down, people either need to trust you or actually test the metal to determine what it is.

That is on top of the numismatic value. Jewelry used to be made of coin silver ( 90%) but again that is a different animal and has seperate value from a block/bar of raw 90%.

The only good reason I would see from melting down 90% is if you were commiting the first step of a refinement process to get .999
KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE ... UBLICS.pdf
Good reading: Frederic Bastiat "The Law" http://bastiat.org/en/the_law.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears
Kurr

Postby Rosco » Wed May 29, 2013 10:18 pm

All of above are true as I know it. Most of my deals are small but once in a while I stay the course in Kitchen Sink, or grab a buy it now.

Welcome to the good side. ;)
Rarely Hand Sorts ....Hope that the Hoard goes to the Boys
Rosco
Post Hoarder

Postby AGgressive Metal » Wed May 29, 2013 10:36 pm

Are you THE Chef Dan? I'm originally from Charleston. Don't hang out with Rodebaugh it'll only get you in trouble with the law or your wife.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals