LCS no junk 'Mercury' dimes

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

LCS no junk 'Mercury' dimes

Postby rickygee » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:14 pm

So I'm not looking for more than a buck or two face, but the coin shop has none. No Mercs, no silver Rosies. Got 10 Barbers for 22.50. Pretty slick, all visible dates, and one with 'Liberty' still visible in the Lady's headband. Good deal? Nah, but everybody has to eat. And for all practical purposes, the only shop in town. So I guess I'm happy. :lol:
rickygee
Penny Collector Member

Re: LCS no junk 'Mercury' dimes

Postby abe » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Thats a pretty good pick up. I'd go back to see what else they have.
Got Laminated Lincolns? Give me a buzz.
abe
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Robarons » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:52 pm

Check and see if you have any interesting dates. I found a 1893-S Half at 22x and its worth $150 so it can happen!
Robarons
Post Hoarder

Postby tbram88 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:32 pm

I scored today at the LCS, they have been closed for inventory since before Christmas and didn't open until today. Went in looking for $2 Face figured on getting some slicks or junk. walked out with 6 Mercs all VG or F and a Walking half 1939 XF for 22.5X, and a 21 Morgan AU for $25.00

They are loaded with nice 90% for 22.5x not the usual crap they used to have, Man I wish I had more cash.
Good hunting...Bob.
tbram88
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals