Gold/silver prices: What will happen tomorrow?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Gold/silver prices: What will happen tomorrow?

Postby theo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:27 pm

The markets are pretty quiet so far this evening. I think there is good chance the take down will continue in the morning as this is a good chance to break silver under 21 and gold under 1300. Of course I could 100% wrong as the future is unknowable. ;)
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Re: Gold/silver prices: What will happen tomorrow?

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:00 pm

One thing I've always been unclear about. If the prices for silver and gold are set in the trading arenas (COMEX,etc)... and the speculators who can take the long side are continuously being preyed upon either by wiping them out (MFGlobal) or repeatedly ripping them a new one with interminable bloodbath takedowns... then who is left to bouy the markets when these folks are amputated from the game? Wouldn't that pretty much mean a steady drop to much lower levels? :? For false pricing based on futures? We all know physical will be slow to follow, if you can source any at much lower prices. :shock: And how soon does mine supply dry up when price doesn't support a reasonable profit for them?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Jonflyfish » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Perhaps ill be 100% wrong but chances are very good that you'll see a relief rally developing.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:39 am

Jonflyfish wrote:Perhaps ill be 100% wrong but chances are very good that you'll see a relief rally developing.
Cheers!

That's as good a guess as any, but I've heard tell that the nonexistent future is always unknowable.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:22 am

CardsNCoins wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:Perhaps ill be 100% wrong but chances are very good that you'll see a relief rally developing.
Cheers!

That's as good a guess as any, but I've heard tell that the nonexistent future is always unknowable.

Good point. To know something requires certainty. That's why my view is only a highly likely but not certain, based on probabilities.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:00 am

Jonflyfish wrote:
CardsNCoins wrote:
Cheers!

Good point. To know something requires certainty. That's why my view is only a highly likely but not certain, based on probabilities.

Cheers!

Looks like a small relief rally presently. How far out does your view extend right now?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:13 am

True, silver is rallying. However, it is not being confirmed by gold as of yet so I'm not sure it has legs. Perhaps it is because Friday's move was more exagerated for silver; of course that is usually the case.
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby InfleXion » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:31 am

beauanderos wrote:One thing I've always been unclear about. If the prices for silver and gold are set in the trading arenas (COMEX,etc)... and the speculators who can take the long side are continuously being preyed upon either by wiping them out (MFGlobal) or repeatedly ripping them a new one with interminable bloodbath takedowns... then who is left to bouy the markets when these folks are amputated from the game? Wouldn't that pretty much mean a steady drop to much lower levels? :? For false pricing based on futures? We all know physical will be slow to follow, if you can source any at much lower prices. :shock: And how soon does mine supply dry up when price doesn't support a reasonable profit for them?

This is the question, and I don't think there is anybody who can compete with the house. Who's to say that the mines have to remain profitable even? Maybe they will become too dig to fail.. nationalized. This can go on as long as people continue to cast their votes for debt instead of sound money. Maybe it's up to China to decide when we lose world reserve currency status, whenever they are finished buying up all the gold and have the necessary bilateral agreements in place which may not be that far off considering their recent record level buying spree as well as the COMEX gold exchanges being drained at a never before seen pace. Otherwise the physical silver market may still take some time if it's up to the average Joe to buy it up. Institutional money could do it in a heartbeat, but they won't with silver since there's not enough of it, only gold.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby 68Camaro » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:39 am

Anything is possible in a paper market, in the moment, especially if some gold fund owners are desparate to sell off to pay for other losses in a crashing market. But there isn't enough gold in the funds to cover all the shorts, so in a larger market crash things could get very interesting. We could see $1000 paper gold, or even $100 paper gold :) but if so, physical prices would not follow (IMHO)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:32 pm

68Camaro wrote:Anything is possible in a paper market, in the moment, especially if some gold fund owners are desparate to sell off to pay for other losses in a crashing market. But there isn't enough gold in the funds to cover all the shorts, so in a larger market crash things could get very interesting. We could see $1000 paper gold, or even $100 paper gold :) but if so, physical prices would not follow (IMHO)

There is no free arbitrage. Most folks said physical wouldn't follow financial over the last several years and yet physical spot and financial prompt are less than 1/2 of the price levels from just a few months ago.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:10 am

Cheers!

Confirmed.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:50 am

Jonflyfish wrote:
Cheers!

Confirmed.
Cheers!

Monday up 26 cents.
Tuesday down 27 cents.
Wednesday up 22 cents (currently).

This is a rally?
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slickeast » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:09 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:
Cheers!

Confirmed.
Cheers!

Monday up 26 cents.
Tuesday down 27 cents.

This is a rally?

Up 21 cents for the week.....now that is something to be excited about
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:36 pm

Is it tomorrow yet?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi friends. Said then that a relief rally was likely "developing" for the next day. The relief rally has now been confirmed.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SoFa » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:14 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Hi friends. Said then that a relief rally was likely "developing" for the next day. The relief rally has now been confirmed.
Cheers!

Which next day?
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:20 pm

SoFa wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:Hi friends. Said then that a relief rally was likely "developing" for the next day. The relief rally has now been confirmed.
Cheers!

Which next day?

The next day after the thread " Gold/silver prices: What will happen tomorrow? " was started. You can refer to my first post in the thread.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby SoFa » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:49 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:
Cheers!

Confirmed.
Cheers!

Monday up 26 cents.
Tuesday down 27 cents.

This is a rally?

I guess so. It was confirmed. 26c is now considered a rally.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:49 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:The next day after the thread " Gold/silver prices: What will happen tomorrow? " was started. You can refer to my first post in the thread.
Cheers!

A train leaves a station and travels north at a speed of 75 mph. Two hours later, a second train...................
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:56 pm

SoFa wrote:
CardsNCoins wrote:
This is a rally?

I guess so. It was confirmed. 26c is now considered a rally.

Good guess. Not confirmed that the rally has completed, but rather comfirmed that it has started, after completing the developing phase. Should be very straightforward to understand.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Geesh! If I have to explain everything... why do I even bother posting?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:15 pm

beauanderos wrote:Image
Geesh! If I have to explain everything... why do I even bother posting?

Just had a very inspirational dinner with Mike Eruzione. Can relate with a lot of why and how his team did what nobody thought was possible. I know why I bother. Do you?

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby CardsNCoins » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:38 am

Ahhhh, there's nothing like the sweet feeling of relief.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby slickeast » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:41 am

CardsNCoins wrote:Ahhhh, there's nothing like the sweet feeling of relief.

Nice relief today. A relief from high prices
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby CardsNCoins » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:06 pm

CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Next

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals