1964 Kennedy Proofs

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

1964 Kennedy Proofs

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:14 pm

you know what you gotta love 'em?

here you got this game changing tragedy.....the nation was changed, so they make a half dollar coin with JFK on it...only one year in 90% silver, BUT they mint an incredible number, almost 430 million of them....so you would think there's NO "numi-pop" to the coin, right?

but WITHIN the whole rubric, they bury a rarity...the Proof Strike....ONLY 4 million minted, and THEN within THAT rarity, they bury ANOTHER little rarity, the "Accented Hair", I forget how many there are....but its a trip, coz Jackie was such a perfectionist ....she's a grieving widow, BUT she micro-manages so intense, she gets up in the mints grill, and calls them on the carpet coz she thought the hair on the coin was too much....they pull the dies, reconfigure, and there ya are.......

now I got $40 face of these bad boys, all MS67 plus....and here's maybe the last roll, this seller, who I got mine from....and its trading at $295 right now, which is where I got them when silver was trading at $34...so go figure that one out, huh?

there's 2 hours and 40 minutes left...anyone want to play?....dueling dollars? dueling ego's, ramp it up to $405? lol...the TOP coin IS exactly THAT PERFECT....whoever had these , curated them perfectly....not a frigging scratch.

here it is....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLL-20-1964-KE ... 0930819749
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals