Gold/silver prices: What will happen tomorrow?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Gold/silver prices: What will happen tomorrow?

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:23 pm

neilgin1 wrote:
nice call! she's up but good......when an "atta boy" is due, you give that "atta boy".....nice call.........hey! and I should get a fricking "atta boy" too....I DID call, that its looks like she's a "bottoming out".....those were my exact words, and I made that call too!.....and now look! we're up 41 cents to $22 even!!!

Thanks Neil. "Atta boy" to you as well.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Question for all:
If there were a dip, would you buy it?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:03 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Question for all:

I don't know what others will do but the market is giving away a great entry point right NOW.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:10 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:

I don't know what others will do but the market is giving away a great entry point right NOW.

Cheers!

Do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you keep changing your mind?
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:25 pm

scyther wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:

Cheers!

Do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you keep changing your mind?

When have I changed my mind? Been very consistent- Short term rally is imminent. Long term view is still very bearish.
But there is no need to take me seriously. I'm not here to debate. I speak with my wallet.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:

Cheers!

That's how I see it.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:50 pm

All set long at $21.22 on COMEX.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby InfleXion » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:58 pm

It's not a great entry point if you can't identify when the exit point will need to be in order to take advantage of the relief rally without getting burned by the overall bearish outlook, assuming those things being true.

That being said, I agree it is a great entry point, because I believe we are at or very near the bottom and that downside risk is minimal. So I am not worried about my exit point at current prices.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:01 pm

InfleXion wrote:It's not a great entry point if you can't identify when the exit point will need to be in order to take advantage of the relief rally without getting burned by the overall bearish outlook, assuming those things being true.

That being said, I agree it is a great entry point, because I believe we are at or very near the bottom and that downside risk is minimal. So I am not worried about my exit point at current prices.

Without fear of rotten tomatos slung my way, I simply do not care, nor have I ever fretted about an exit point and there are surely others who feel the same. I have never considered my purchases of precious metals as investments in the traditional sense. I will use them as they were originally intended, as money. However, if my fears of worldwide financial ruin and societal collapse are unfounded, then I will leave them to my children and they will be burdened with what to do with them.

I only note price drops because that means I can get more real money with my Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes, and that's always a good thing. Apparently, little Bennie Bernanke's comments have rattled the PM market. Keep talking, Ben. Keep talking. You and your puppet masters will continue to wreak havoc on the world until one day when you won't.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:20 pm

InfleXion wrote:It's not a great entry point if you can't identify when the exit point will need to be in order to take advantage of the relief rally without getting burned by the overall bearish outlook, assuming those things being true.

The overall bias for silver (and gold) seems to be flat to downward. PMs are toxic to most investors who believe the MSM dogma that they are "too risky;" they are too busy looking for the next Neflix or Tesla in any case. The speculative longs have finally learned at great expense to look elsewhere for their profits. Perhaps the reason the short positions have declined so much recently is that fewer and fewer investors are willing to take the long side of those positions, which they've correctly identified as a suckers bet. Doesn't their need to be a certain number of speculative longs (preferably on heavy margin) to achieve those wonderful waterfall declines we've been seeing?
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:19 pm

I'm just waiting for the IMF to sell gold.. lol...
Really though, here comes 17 and 1150. I'll be buying all the way down and if my thought of 12 and 850 comes true I have a stash of cash just waiting to buy back in. On the bright side we are over 60/1 on the GSR so now is the time to be focused on silver. That's what I am doing.
"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:32 pm

Prices will rise tomorrow, unless they fall.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 pm

Engineer wrote:Prices will rise tomorrow, unless they fall.

but, you could be 100% wrong :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby InfleXion » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:04 pm

shinnosuke wrote:

Without fear of rotten tomatos slung my way, I simply do not care, nor have I ever fretted about an exit point and there are surely others who feel the same. I have never considered my purchases of precious metals as investments in the traditional sense. I will use them as they were originally intended, as money. However, if my fears of worldwide financial ruin and societal collapse are unfounded, then I will leave them to my children and they will be burdened with what to do with them.

I only note price drops because that means I can get more real money with my Federal Reserve Hiney Wipes, and that's always a good thing. Apparently, little Bennie Bernanke's comments have rattled the PM market. Keep talking, Ben. Keep talking. You and your puppet masters will continue to wreak havoc on the world until one day when you won't.

I agree with you shin. I was just pointing out that for short term trades, which are not my thing, an entry point without an exit strategy is asking for trouble. In cases such as ours where we are in it for a savings account / retirement plan, where we measure wealth in ounces instead of debt based currency, and are not looking to offload our metals for inferior money an exit strategy is not as necessary. Although I do have one - when real interest rates go from negative back to positive, and when our money is backed by metal then I will transfer a portion into paying off my mortgage.

InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby InfleXion » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:05 pm

beauanderos wrote:

Banking holiday? :lol:

InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby slickeast » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:06 pm

beauanderos wrote:

He is wrong. Prices will fall tomorrow, unless they rise.
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Engineer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:34 pm

slickeast wrote:
beauanderos wrote:

He is wrong. Prices will fall tomorrow, unless they rise.

That's crazy talk!!! :evil:
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CardsNCoins » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:04 pm

I'm sorry, but I've been told that the non existent future is unknowable.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby reddirtcoins » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:07 pm

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold."- Leo Tolstoy
reddirtcoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:37 pm

Respectfully disagree. The future is unknowable. Will it rise to $22, 26, 28, 150? I don't know so no need to decide in advance where to exit. Those who take quick gains for non-scalp trades tend to miss the real profits and ride their losses. "Losers average losers". Cut losses quick and let the profits ride. Only exit I concern myself with upon entering a trade is a stop. The gains take care of themselves and with a proper trailing stop can exit when the ride is over.
People will speak of "bearish tone" whatever that means. Money is made when people do what others won't/don't. Silver may have had a "bullish tone" at $49, but it was not the time to be long.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Many thought when this thread started that an immediate test to 20 would take place after a big down day. But a 4% relief rally took place instead.
Now, after the prior low has been tested, it looks like a bigger rally is going to commence- not testing $20 yet.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby inflationhawk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Silver may have had a "bullish tone" at $49, but it was not the time to be long.

Cheers!

How could that have been when the future is unknowable?
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:26 pm

inflationhawk wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:Silver may have had a "bullish tone" at $49, but it was not the time to be long.

Cheers!

Exactly my point!

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby inflationhawk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
inflationhawk wrote:

Cheers!

Exactly my point!

Cheers!

Mine too!
Bottoms Up!
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:30 pm

Loaded up on some spot at $21.28

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals