Gold/silver prices: What will happen tomorrow?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Gold/silver prices: What will happen tomorrow?

Postby inflationhawk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Apmex has low premiums right now on ASEs even as spot is hitting its lowest point in many many months.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 pm

inflationhawk wrote:Apmex has low premiums right now on ASEs even as spot is hitting its lowest point in many many months.

That's because there is no shortage of silver, unlike the coordinated attempt to make people believe that there was by a few @#@I#$$%!!!! dealers when they were caught naked without a proper hedge position. People were ardently fighting me over this but in the end, the market has proven to be the great arbiter.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby louisianagold » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:44 pm

inflationhawk wrote:Apmex has low premiums right now on ASEs even as spot is hitting its lowest point in many many months.

Check out their prices on silver libertad 5 oz proofs :clap:
http://www.apmex.com/product/76030/2013 ... rtad-proof
louisianagold
Penny Pincher Member

Postby inflationhawk » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:

That's because there is no shortage of silver, unlike the coordinated attempt to make people believe that there was by a few @#@I#$$%!!!! dealers when they were caught naked without a proper hedge position. People were ardently fighting me over this but in the end, the market has proven to be the great arbiter.

Cheers!

A coordinated attempt by a few?? The entire market had high premiums a few weeks ago. NO one was selling for less the $3 over spot at that time. Maybe there was an ACTUAL shortage then?

At that time many, but not you, said that the market would correct in time when supply had time to catch up with demand for physical silver. Looks like we were right.
inflationhawk
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:11 pm

inflationhawk wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:

Cheers!

A coordinated attempt by a few?? The entire market had high premiums a few weeks ago. NO one was selling for less the $3 over spot at that time. Maybe there was an ACTUAL shortage then?

At that time many, but not you, said that the market would correct in time when supply had time to catch up with demand for physical silver. Looks like we were right.

Not going to debate it. There were several places to buy under $3 but when you look at the disparity of the fungible commodity, the retail marketplace was a disgrace (saw $9+ over spot). It had more to do with customers covering dealer mark to market losses than a fictitious shortage.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:23 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:
Jonflyfish wrote:Perhaps ill be 100% wrong but chances are very good that you'll see a relief rally developing.
Cheers!

Confirmed.
Cheers!

Monday up 26 cents.
Tuesday down 27 cents.
Wednesday up 22 cents (currently).

This is a rally?

He called for an imminent rally at noon today...and so far it's dropped fifty cents.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Engineer wrote:
He called for an imminent rally at noon today...and so far it's dropped fifty cents.

The relief rally occurred days ago. The price did not drop to below 20 as many surmised, but rallied $1.
Not to confuse one idea from the next, the "imminent rally" was not an intra-day view. It's an inter-day trade.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:13 am

"Chairs!.....you ugly little men.....now bugger off, for piss sake!".....cant you say, I am about business, and business only! Profit is my middle name...the only reason I deign to be among you tedious creachairs, is that i'm a kind man and wish to throw a few crumbs of my prodigious knowledge in your direction so that you may profit as well. Consider yourselves ALL lucky I waste my invaluable time on this boring little CHAT forum...one little considered word, and I shall LEAVE!!!....forevah!.......chairs!!!!

(heavy slur, barely understandable) who you calling a man?.....whad arr ya, fugging blind for fug's sake?.....titan me up with sumthin good....ya nasty fugging poofter......got ennythin?

""Good grief!......what a ghastly slattern you arrrr, I say.....now run along and just die. Chairs!"

(oily slur) "Did I tellya. tha...i'm wurf 19 million quid sterling...fur fugggs sake.....nineteen millyun quid!....no fugging shite....howaboudat?...hmmm?....they tell me yur the tip top silver man....and I thought a poofter like that?.....fugging no way.

(musing to himself)...."hmmmm, this dreadful wretch is so inebriated, it would be quite easy to have her sign power of attorney forms, and voila, I say, chairs....the quickest profit I ever made....tis a cruel business after all"......(to the wretch, he speaks) "Of course my deah....I AM the Silver Man, as you so artfully say...I might be able to help you after all....hyeahs my card, chairs! Now take it ,run along, call me, because frankly you smell atrocious, chairs!"....I simply cannot tolerate your stench at this moment, chairs!....Silver smell doesn't bad, and neither should you!...its the unknowable knowable, if your enfeebled pea brain can grasp that, chairs!

(the wretch drops to her emaciated pock marked knees, clawing for the silver mans groin) "I can graspa yer fugging hot dog, and give it a right ball warsh, you ugly lil man"

FROM OUT OF NOWHERE, the wretch's boy/girlfriend flies at the silver man, shrieking , "Thass my beyotch!!!!......and here's yer azz whupping"!!!

in a flurry of vicious punches and slaps, the silver man crumples to the ground, bleeding from nose, ears,and eyes, laying half conscious, muttering over and over again in a daze...."oh I say!" and "Chairs"!

arm in arm, the happy couple stumbles away from the bleeding human wreckage that was the silver man, laughing and giggling, as the song "Rehab" plays over the end credits...."This has been a Stained Sheet Productions".

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:23 am

On that note, it is near certain that silver will rise.
No amount of heckling will change that.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:26 am

Loaded some additional spot at $21.22 for good measure.
Job's a good'n.
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:33 am

Jonflyfish wrote:On that note, it is near certain that silver will rise.
No amount of heckling will change that.
Cheers!

"heckling"?!?...that's a homage, you dreadful little troll....and its not "Cheer's"...the CORRECT pronunciation is "Chairs!".....and the thought of you get whupped by the black transgender lover of Any Winehouse makes all your trolling worthwhile.

Chairs!!!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:37 am

Jonflyfish wrote:Loaded some additional spot at $21.22 for good measure.
Job's a good'n.
Cheers!

and then you woke up.

why not pin up some gauzy shots of LaSalle Street at one in the morning...watch out for the flash mobs out and about, we wouldn't want you getting STOMPED...oh no!! we wouldn't want THAT!!!!

Chairs!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:09 am

Neil, you burned my retinas with those haggard pics. I am going to have to watch this until it overwrites the memory.

Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:46 am

Final all-in long silver on COMEX @ $20.06
I won't take the bait of that nasty, ill minded drunken troll, no matter how many soliloquies or youtube posts...

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Engineer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:17 am

Jonflyfish wrote:Final all-in long silver on COMEX @ $20.06
I won't take the bait of that nasty, ill minded drunken troll, no matter how many soliloquies or youtube posts...

Cheers!

That's a rather nasty thing to say, Jon. Some would say it's the pot calling the kettle black.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:11 am

Jonflyfish wrote:Final all-in long silver on COMEX @ $20.06

Cheers!

I don't drink alcohol you troll....and I was stone sober when I produced that bit of entertainment....the only time I get nasty, is in dealings with you.

Chairs!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby SoFa » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:34 am

looks like he was right again. Silver's up 1% so far.
Chairs!
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby scyther » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:45 am

Jonflyfish wrote:Loaded some additional spot at $21.22 for good measure.
Job's a good'n.
Cheers!

Hm, that hasn't worked well so far has it? You should stick to always saying "the future is unknowable", "DYODD", "I could be 100% wrong", etc. You'll be proven wrong faster if you don't :shh:
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby scyther » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:47 am

Neil, that was a funny albeit bizarre and random story. Chairs!
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:21 am

scyther wrote:Neil... funny, bizarre and random

isn't that redundant? :shifty: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, lil bro, I couldn't resist. :mrgreen:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:29 am

scyther wrote:Neil, that was a funny albeit bizarre and random story. Chairs!

Chairs to you too! old boy...(british accent) if you're wondering the "correct accent", one must begin a study of the GREAT British actor, Edward Fox...I tried to find the famous briefing scene from "A Bridge Too Far", where Mr. Fox portrayed General Horrocks, commanding officer of the British XXX Corps. Unfortunately those miserable curs at 20th Century Fox or MGM took it down, however a dear fan compiled a tribute one can use to study this accent.

for instance...the word "here" becomes "hyeah"...as "Cheer's" becomes "Chairs"...one must counter, what does this have to do with Silver?..well. today with July Silver down $1.70 at the moment, even us stackers are feeling rather out of sorts...therefore I believe we must search for ways to find laughs.

I am not finding laughs at the expense of JFF....as he has demonstrated time and time again, how he RELISHES the task of trolling any and all realcenters who dare disagree with him....and he especially dislikes me...doesn't bother me at all...its a badge of honor. If I thought for an instant, he'd desire a "reset" with me, and become authentic in fellowship, i'd have no problem abasing myself to make things right. His appetite for trolling, i'm afraid is much too strong for any meaningful forum fellowship .....now there would be a poll for us....a "popularity" poll between JFF and myself. I would eagerly submit myself to the of the majority.....no matter the potential humiliation, which would be that the "loser" of said poll....leaves. Then again, such a poll would be rather childish.

here's the Edward Fox tribute/accent tutorial:

Chairs!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:39 am

beauanderos wrote:
scyther wrote:Neil... funny, bizarre and random

isn't that redundant? :shifty: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, lil bro, I couldn't resist. :mrgreen:

oh Raymundo!!! you cad you!!!....and hyeah, with silver down $1.73!!....will the torture never end?

banish the thought, but could we be sitting on stacks that will be worth $7 a toz?!?

and to think that I "jinxed" the whole works by jumping on Shinn-sansei, when he mentioned "$15 silver"!!! its all my fault!

I shrieked that we shall "NEVER" see $15 silver....I shall now be cursed with a bout of hemorrhoids for this foolishness.

Chairs!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 am

Sub $20 came and was part of the overall long term view and hedges. In between, anticipated a bounce. Didn't happen. I was wrong on the timing of that. However, still feel comfortable for a few figures rise. Just scaling out of large USD vs JPY, AUD, EUR positions as they are transitioning in the near term. So, just doubled my COMEX position at $19.79 with a stop set for all at $17.77.

Will let the trolls and hecklers be. They enjoy themselves more than words (pics and youtube vids) can say.

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby neilgin1 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:Sub $20 came and was part of the overall long term view and hedges. In between, anticipated a bounce. Didn't happen. I was wrong on the timing of that. However, still feel comfortable for a few figures rise. Just scaling out of large USD vs JPY, AUD, EUR positions as they are transitioning in the near term. So, just doubled my COMEX position at $19.79 with a stop set for all at $17.77.

Will let the trolls and hecklers be. They enjoy themselves more than words (pics and youtube vids) can say.

Cheers!

yes....quite. Sub $20 did come and go... blast, but KBO I say, old man....KBO. "Keep buggering on"....oh dyeah. ......wait ! wait a minute Jon, I thought a way out of this terrible quandary hyeah. You said old boy, that you were going to HEDGE, based on physical holdings ALREADY ACCUMMULATED!!....which means....here's the beauty part, what you REALLY meant to say was that you were SELLING 21.28!!!

do you see?....yes! By golly and more crackey! yes!

You were just temporarily confused, that's ALL!!!....when you SAID you were "buying"....what you REALLY meant was that you were SELLING!!!!

because as you stated quite clearlay, you were hedging, which means you were SELLING!....and therefore, RIGHT ON THE MONEY!!!

Very good call! to be selling on a day like this, very prudent risk management to be hedging one's long PHYSICAL positions, while sell hedging using the futures, because for piss sakes old boy, that's what they are THERE FOR. Hedge, DDYOD and so forth and so on.

The only question that remains is this: when do WE remove the hedges, in keeping with prudent risk management analysis. Its all in relation to price, because price begets price, weaning any cognitive emotional response OUT of the equation. Emotional responses in the discharge of risk management frequently lead to negative results. Therefore we have been trained to wean cognitive responses from disciplined risk management portfolio practices. I couldn't agree more, friend.

Chairs!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:28 pm

I think the important thing to take away here is that JFF has gone long. If his models are suggesting we are at the bottom, at least that's reassuring enough to know he isn't a permabear but rather just has his own methods that he isn't willing to share because if they are proprietary it would be wrong to do so, and most importantly that the worst may be over. Of course no method is perfect and none of us are all knowing so we could all be 100% wrong :lol:

I just hope we stay down for market close today so I can pick up some cheap metal this weekend.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals