Neil, Here's a job for you

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Neil, Here's a job for you

Postby beauanderos » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:57 am

Neil... or anyone else who has the time for that matter. How about creating a "precious metals sentiment meter" for Youtube? View the new pieces (there can't be that many) as they are posted and keep a finger on the pulse of the little people as to whether they seem to be throwing in the towel, waiting, buying the dip, still optimistic, waiting for a big bounce back, etc. Are they favoring silver over gold, or vice versa? You could link any great videos that you found apropos.

Is there a search feature on youtube that allows you to scroll the newest vids posted?
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: Neil, Here's a job for you

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:47 pm

beauanderos wrote:Neil... or anyone else who has the time for that matter. How about creating a "precious metals sentiment meter" for Youtube? View the new pieces (there can't be that many) as they are posted and keep a finger on the pulse of the little people as to whether they seem to be throwing in the towel, waiting, buying the dip, still optimistic, waiting for a big bounce back, etc. Are they favoring silver over gold, or vice versa? You could link any great videos that you found apropos.

Is there a search feature on youtube that allows you to scroll the newest vids posted?

that is a neat idea.

for me, just a few problems though. I check the futures markets at least once a day, due to those health problems and non participation, I haven't been high and tight on Ebay for almost a full week which is rare for me.

Ever since retirement, I've been positively commitment-phobic, also rare for me, because once I commit, its always my aim to do the best possible job I can, which is why i'm close to resigning my self-appointed, self-elected position as President of the JFF Fan Klub.

That's a tough one, because we've been having some great meetings, with some neat stuff and ideas being put on the table for the future. You might be asking "we"?....Who's this "we"? Well, "me, myself and I" of course. Once we get a meeting started, boy howdy!, the ideas put on the table are just some pretty neat stuff; we're talking merch here, like coffee mugs, T-shirts, paperweights, Bobble Heads, a line of food products, such as "dirty rice", instant fruit punch and spaghetti sauce.

But during discussions on the Fan Klub "newsletter", things got heated, when we were deliberating the frequency of circulation, let alone content, so at this point, I don't know if we can work together. Imagine the ruckus that will ensue, when we begin to suss out how the 501c3 not for profit corporate shell will work out, because that's really the whole ballgame, turning it all into a handy Laundromat, so to speak.

Let me figure out how i'm going to juggle everything I have on my plates, or I could be looking straight into a full fledged psychotic meltdown.

Chairs!!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Hey Ray.....went to Ebay.....as you know I confine my activities to US Silver coin rolls....for the past 4-5 years, we'll see on any one day, 450-500 listings, out of these, there will be maybe 50 listings worthy to bid on....the rest are "cappers".....shows a good coin at the cap, the rest is "unsearched"...which means its just trash....then you have the "unsearched", which are just trash....and then you have folks that think "silver rolls", mean "copper rolls"...and you have crazy "bin's"....."buy it nows" priced crazy....like nobody in their right mind, would pay this offering price crazy.....then you have the 50 you can bid on.

today, we have 800 rolls offered an almost 75% increase in offerings, but something funny....there's very little silver offered...in the "US Silver coins rolls".

seriously...no jokes in this post...its weird...the cappers are out IN FORCE, but they're NOT capping with silver, just old copper, like 1863 indian pennies, etc.

its Sunday night, roughly 2100 hours...I hope we all make it thru this next week okay...something in the wind I don't like, I pray its just my imagination grabbing hold of me, neil...watch..silver will close at $24 next Friday, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby InfleXion » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:31 am

You could do something similar with Google Trends which provides data for search term frequency.

If you click the Filter button on YouTube you can sort by upload date to see the most recent videos. It would probably be more difficult to do it with YouTube since you'd need some sort of matrix to weigh the number of videos posted, thumbs up or down per video, views, etc.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:38 am

InfleXion wrote:You could do something similar with Google Trends which provides data for search term frequency.

If you click the Filter button on YouTube you can sort by upload date to see the most recent videos. It would probably be more difficult to do it with YouTube since you'd need some sort of matrix to weigh the number of videos posted, thumbs up or down per video, views, etc.

yes yes yes....excellent!!!

but I have to sort out the "ball cap situation" at once, and we are no closer to an answer today, as we were yesterday.

the situation is not (yet! sad face) intolerable, but its close.

MY suggestion, which I think WOULD carry some weight, as I am President of the JFF FanKlub, is for a navy blue ball cup, with raised gold thread lettering, and the dime, quarter, Halve dollar, and American Silver Eagles, stitched in, with silver stars, raised of course, flying behind the various raised silver coins.

THAT is the suggested design, not yet signed off on....another story altogether. don't ask.

a major sticking point is the PRICE....my feeling is this, this is something you buy ONCE, something special....why not make it QUALITY?....that means the gold lettering, might be 10 karat gold thread...there might be actual silver in the raised coins and the stars that shoot out....after speaking with some rather dreadful and coarse men in the garment district, I have ONE supplier that will "work" with us and the lowest quote I can get out of him, in bulk is from 79.99 to 109.99.

I KNOW that's rather expensive, but think how proud you all will be and how good you will look, wearing your own "JFF FanKlub" ball cap to meetings, picnic's or other functions.

Yes, I can go the with the $7.99 cap, but it screams, "i'm worth $7.99!!!!"...think about it...is that the message we want to put "out there"....or do we want to say with the classy ballcaps , "Hey, we're kind of cool guys, who belong to this fan klub, that not everybody can get into!"

we're like the "studio 54" of precious metal guru fan klubs, btw, that's an enterprise we're looking into, opening up the "JFF Fan Klub Haus"...one part would be a disco/bar.....dancing booze, who's , it would be a crazy wild scene and attached Steak/Chop Haus, then a professional coin and metals store attached...it could be many of the posters, setting up there "own thing", and then upstairs an exclusive humidor...the place would wild...swinging....think about it, booze, PM's, fine steaks, PM's, cigars, loose women, exclusivity.....plus the beauty part is, with a restaurant bar, its a lot of cash....cash is like water...nuff said....did I mean to "swim or skim"...lol....have door men outside, and the rope line, pay college kids to look like they're DYING to get in....we'll get the Pawn Stars to frequent the joint...the Old Man and Chubbs would treated like fricking royalty...the Pawn Stars, the Kardashians....we'll have a VIP room....but all the while its that PM store, that will be selling...coz we'll get noobs in....that's why i'm talking about cool ball caps!!!!

place would be like this:

and like this...it'd be CRAZY!!! and nothing but money!!! what a KlubHaus!!!
we'd be flipping PM's, and booze and cigars, get a piece of EVERY BIT ACTION that happens in the joint!!

neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals