Another conspiracy theory................

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Another conspiracy theory................

Postby Catfish4u » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:52 pm

TPTB are driving down the price of pm's below the cost of mining. After the mining companies go into bankruptcy pm prices will skyrocket. The FED and it's member puppets will 'swoop down with the FED's zero percent interest rates and unlimited dollars to purchase most of the mining companies out of bankruptcy'. With pm prices skyrocketing the reopened mining companies will make the FED and its puppets trillions of $$$$. Thoughts?
Catfish4u
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Another conspiracy theory................

Postby madman326 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:07 pm

sounds as plausible as any other i have heard !
madman326
Penny Collector Member

Postby InfleXion » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:07 pm

I would think that the mines being nationalized is more likely than the Fed snatching them up, if there is much difference.

Shooting from the gut, I don't think the goal is to bankrupt the miners, but rather that they are simply collateral damage while the price is knocked down sufficiently to unload the short position (already done for the most part) and then go long so they can profit when the bull market resumes beyond their control, which seems to be approaching fast based on physcal outflows from the COMEX showing no signs of slowing. Remember that trend began while gold was $1600 and silver was $28. The smackdowns did not incite the drain from the exchanges. It was already underway. So it appears to me that the smackdowns were a reaction rather than the cause, as in taking what they can get and running off with the physical while the getting is good.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby AGgressive Metal » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:38 pm

I doubt it since most mines are outside the USA.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby wheeler_dealer » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:32 am

Chances are that as smaller undercapitalized mining companies , that have already invested heavily in exploration and development, begin to have trouble the big players will swoop in and swallow them up.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Lemon Thrower » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:45 am

Jim Willie has mentioned that it is possible that the military will buy.

something is up. you have the big landlside in Nevada. A flood at the Grasberg in Indonesia. Huge delays for the project on the Argentian Chile border. strikes/riots in S. Africa. I know these things happen, but the number and frequency and stacked occurrences is highly unusual. if something sinister connects all of these, then you want to be out of the large miners.

you want to be out of the small miners as well because the metal price is below their price of production.

also, many will have to write down the value of goodwill incurred in M&A, which will result in huge accounting charges.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby silverflake » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:28 am

China will beat them to it.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby galenrog » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Landslide in Nevada? Did I miss something? I know there was one at the copper pit near Magna, Utah, but that it quickly being dealt with.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals