Half Dollar Coin Tube Question

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Half Dollar Coin Tube Question

Postby camtender » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:20 am

Is there a good place to find tubes for the Half Dollars, similar to the Mint's ASE green top tubes? I would like to sort the few I have into tubes by year and mint.
camtender
Penny Collector Member

Re: Half Dollar Coin Tube Question

Postby GTOJohn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:40 am

check out wizardcoinsupply.com
GTOJohn
Penny Collector Member

Postby fasteddy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:49 pm

or air-tites.com
fasteddy
Post Hoarder

Postby palmvtree » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:22 pm

I was looking too recently...and came across this one. Never used the vendor but I like the products that are offered. I think it has what you are looking for too, empty AE holders for $1.50. Please note that the "coins are not included"! Evidently someone complained? LOL!

http://www.centercoin.com/coin_supplies ... _tubes.htm
palmvtree

Postby Ronin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm a fan of the CoinSafe square coin tubes. I've purchased them from brent-krueger.com in the past and was pleased. They seal tightly and there are many sizes to choose from; including half dollars, silver rounds, and SAEs to name a few. Looks like the half dollar tubes are $0.34 a piece, or if you buy a box of 100 they work out to be ~$0.27 a piece. Hope this helps.
Ronin

Postby wagsthadog » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:54 am

Hi there-

If you're looking for nice ones ebay is probably your best bet but if you just want a basic tube to hold your coins it might be worth it to check out your local coin dealer if that's an option. One dealer I know just gives used ones to me if I ask nicely.

wags
wagsthadog
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Pachucko » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:57 pm

I use CoinSafes for 90% and Numis for 40%. Yes, I'm a bit anal, but it also gives me an instant visual of what's what for counting, etc... Numis brand is slightly cheaper, but not by much, they also fit "tighter;" a full tube of CoinSafes seem to 'rattle' a bit.

Regards......Pachucko
Pachucko
Penny Collector Member

Postby bman » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:54 pm

I also like the square tubes, they don't roll off the desk if you happen to knock one over.
my old Realcent feedback thread: http://realcent.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=171
bman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals