The 50 cent 10oz Perth mint silver bar

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

The 50 cent 10oz Perth mint silver bar

Postby Z00 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:55 pm

So here's the story:

Most of you know about the supplier database that I threw together before TPTB launched theirs.

It is now closed due to lack of interest. Along the way I threw the domain bulliondb.com in my registrars search and it was available. At the time Register.com was running a promotion for up to 3 domains at 50 cents each. So I grabbed it on a flyer. I must have caught it on a bounce.

Shortly afterwards I get an email from a fellow in Ireland wanting to know if I am interested in selling the domain. I tell him that"everything has a price" and to make me an offer I can not refuse. "Cross my palm with silver. In fact real silver will be a plus"

So back he comes with an offer of a 10oz bar and gives me a list of mints he has. I pick Perth.
The bar shows up registered mail today.

$0.50 for a 10oz silver bar. Good deal eh? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: The 50 cent 10oz Perth mint silver bar

Postby Copper Catcher » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:44 am

Congrats! :thumbup:
Copper Catcher
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: The 50 cent 10oz Perth mint silver bar

Postby theshoenlebens » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 am

Nice :clap:
theshoenlebens
1000+ Penny Miser Member