I am now 100% OUT. Yes out. I called my shot and won.

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

I am now 100% OUT. Yes out. I called my shot and won.

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:58 am

With the spike in silver I was able to get out with a decent gain.

Am I now bearish on silver? No.

Did I make as much as I could have had I held and silver continues up? No, but I did OK :)

So why did I get out: Because the way my trade worked was that I had a "maximum gain" and a "maximum loss" within the time frame. I was able to make a substantial portion of my "gain" in 2 days, so why risk the EXACT same "maximum loss" with a much diminished additional gain? Mathematically the risk percentage was much elevated and so I closed out with a tidy profit and now my family can eat this weekend :)

NOTE: As I have now called a HUGE shot and been correct I have released myself from the punishment related to the "never under 25" statement. If you find this unsatisfactory let me know and I may re-establish the punishment :)
barrytrot
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: I am now 100% OUT. Yes out. I called my shot and won.

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:05 am

congratulations!!!

I didn't hit my entry point for this move, but I will have plenty of opportunities with how volatile this market is. :shifty:

Did they ever remove the Capital A from Hester Prynne in The Scarlet Letter? There's your answer :o :shock: :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:24 pm

ok, Doc... here's your chance. Buy ZSL and ride it back down :shock:
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:47 pm

beauanderos wrote:ok, Doc... here's your chance. Buy ZSL and ride it back down :shock:

ok, just for the hell of it I'm gonna try this... just 23 shares if it hits $102... seven cents away right now. The trouble with transactions within a self-directed 401K is that you have to let the trade settle (three days) before you can sell. :?

EDIT:

23 shares ZSL purchased at $102.39 Now, if the downtrend resumes I can sell these for a small profit... instead of just waiting for USLV to hit my $4 target.
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Glad you made some loot Barry.

Ray I'd love to go crazy short in the paper....but I want this cat to bounce higher before I commit.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:25 pm

Only Rodebaugh would have the sinister brilliance to do a double post in honor of ZSl being "double short". Brilliant once again Doc. If I were one that bowed to men, I would be bowing right now.

NOTE: There was a double post there originally :)
barrytrot

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:47 pm

ZSL is actually triple short ... the opposite of USLV

not sure what the double short is... opposite of AGQ?
beauanderos

Postby Engineer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:03 pm

barrytrot wrote:If I were one that bowed to men...

We always knew your wife wore the pants in the family. ;)

...and I'm glad I wasn't the only one buying water buffalos last night. The dip down below 1200 was too much to resist.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:16 pm

barrytrot wrote:With the spike in silver I was able to get out with a decent gain.

Am I now bearish on silver? No.

Did I make as much as I could have had I held and silver continues up? No, but I did OK :)

So why did I get out: Because the way my trade worked was that I had a "maximum gain" and a "maximum loss" within the time frame. I was able to make a substantial portion of my "gain" in 2 days, so why risk the EXACT same "maximum loss" with a much diminished additional gain? Mathematically the risk percentage was much elevated and so I closed out with a tidy profit and now my family can eat this weekend :)

NOTE: As I have now called a HUGE shot and been correct I have released myself from the punishment related to the "never under 25" statement. If you find this unsatisfactory let me know and I may re-establish the punishment :)

Thank God!! that makes me really happy Barry...I know in many ways we're just typed "words" on a page to each other, but I DO find myself caring about many people on this forum...many, and you're one of them, so I thank God you were able to profit...one of my personal heroes passed away, I just found out...Marc Rich....you ever heard of him?....greatest trader that ever lived....glad you're out bud.....do something nice tonight...get some ribeyes, a movie, strawberry cake, if you got an old lady, hug her, life is good, fondly, neil
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby neilgin1 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:19 pm

beauanderos wrote:ZSL is actually triple short ... the opposite of USLV

oh heavens to betsy!!! what is that stuff?...be careful older brother! good grief!!
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:34 pm

beauanderos wrote:ZSL is actually triple short ... the opposite of USLV

Well Rodebaugh deleted the double post maybe he deleted the triple before I noticed :)
barrytrot

Postby wheeler_dealer » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:22 am

Barry maybe now you can get the spare room painted before I have to move in. Congratulations
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby wheeler_dealer » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:27 am

Marc Rich, Neil thought I was alone in knowing old school commodities traders. Wonder if Bill and Hillary will send flowers? Bah, a pardon was enough.
wheeler_dealer
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby barrytrot » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:14 pm

wheeler_dealer wrote:Barry maybe now you can get the spare room painted before I have to move in. Congratulations

Good thinking.
barrytrot

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals