Any others all in at this point?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Any others all in at this point?

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:11 pm

I am all in physical, NOT paper ETFs. I don't trust ETFs. Never have. Never will. Read the prospectus about default.

I don't consider my actions a "Pickett-like charge" at all. Gen. Pickett was ordered to do a full frontal attack uphill into superior forces with superior weaponry. (Many Union soldiers used 7 shot lever-action repeating rifles brought or sent to them from home.) Union forces chanted "Fredricksberg! Fredricksberg! Fredricksburg!" to remind their comrades the following slaughter was to avenge Union losses from an earlier battle where the South slaughtered them.

My actions are very sound. I own the real deal whose intrinsic value will never go to zero. My dollar cost average is somewhere around the $13 to $14 range.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Engineer » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:18 pm

I'm still sticking to my plan of equal parts Ag, Au, and FRNs. With the DOW at 15K, PMs could come down further in the tumble.
Last edited by Engineer on Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby theo » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:15 pm

shinnosuke wrote:theo, Lee decided to go "all in" with the attack, but Longstreet advised against. Of course, Lee's decision was final. What hurt Lee the most was the loss of his eyes when J.E.B. Stuart wasn't providing Yankee troop movement reports. Lee was seriously dependent on Stuart's communication and therefore flew blind for a while.

Yes, Stuart was busy attacking the union supply lines. Lee's reply to Stuart about the wagon loads of provisions, "General. They are an impediment to me now."
theo
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverflake » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:48 pm

I have $30 cash to my name right now (physically in my wallet), and the kids tuition due for school on Monday. I have been stripping copper wire all day and taking apart a gas grill for scrap that I will taking to the scrap yard tomorrow. With whatever I get, I am buying silver at the LCS. It's all I can do, and it's still more than most of the sheeple in the American public.

Keep stacking gang.
silverflake
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby SilverDragon72 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:54 pm

I would love to go all in! I do have a small amount of "dry powder" as some folks like to say. I'm biding my time....for now.

I could be tempted to pick up just a little bit to satiate my appetite for the shiny. It's been more than a couple weeks since I've gotten any. :P
SilverDragon72
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:54 am

Just ordered 3 more buffaloes - that's how all-in I am. I will not be surprised to see it drop to $1100; while I'm skeptical of those calling for $700-$900 I won't rule it out if the circumstances fit. Still long term bull pm, shorting fiat, and getting metal in hand now rather than trying to optimize events that are out of my control.

Indeed the details and timing of the future are unknowable; the trends, however, are unmistakable.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:26 am

What do you get if you cross Rich with Neil?

68Camaro wrote:Just ordered 3 more buffaloes

The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby OneBiteAtATime » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:53 am

beauanderos wrote:What do you get if you cross Rich with Neil?

68Camaro wrote:Just ordered 3 more buffaloes

the horn?
"pray like everything depends on God and prepare like everything depends on you." -shinnosuke
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."- Sam Adams
"Thanks to God that he gave me stubborness when I know I am right." - John Adams
OneBiteAtATime
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:09 pm

Really, you went with a water Buffalo? :o

A bison I could see. ;)
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby JobIII » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Even with capital gains taxes that would fall on your earnings. Buying AGQ yesterday and selling now would have netted you around 6% growth. Not too bad if you dove head first with your net retirement savings.

Let's see if this spike lasts or is just a Friday blip before further drops next week.

Congrats barry, though I don't see how this gets you off from your previous statement about never below 25 :P
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby barrytrot » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:31 pm

JobIII wrote:Even with capital gains taxes that would fall on your earnings. Buying AGQ yesterday and selling now would have netted you around 6% growth. Not too bad if you dove head first with your net retirement savings.

Let's see if this spike lasts or is just a Friday blip before further drops next week.

Congrats barry, though I don't see how this gets you off from your previous statement about never below 25 :P

Because the magnitude of both was the same. FULLY BALLS OUT. No holding back. I played with 100% of my real money.
barrytrot

Postby JobIII » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:47 pm

that is a pretty decent day's work if you ask me :)
Follow my blog here: http://xxjobiiixx.blogspot.com
Check here and please remember to follow us also: http://coinwholesales.blogspot.com
Watch my youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/xxJOBIIIxx
JobIII
Post Hoarder

Postby Zincanator » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Well I can't really call it all-in, but I did empty my "fun money" jar, scrounged up some crumpled bills I threw in the tool drawer a while back, and gathered any spare change I could find around the house. Used it all toward a quick silver order.

If nothing else, a handful of silver dollars is nicer to look at than a pile of crumpled up twentys.
Zincanator
Penny Pincher Member

Postby purple and gold » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:49 am

i am retired with a small monthly income and i went "all in" last week and i am glad i did,,can anyone show me a better place to invest right now?? I think not!
purple and gold

Postby Jonflyfish » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:50 pm

purple and gold wrote:i am retired with a small monthly income and i went "all in" last week and i am glad i did,,can anyone show me a better place to invest right now?? I think not!

Perhaps Texas tea. Fill up your cars now. Next week 4 dolla gas. 4 dolla gas please...pay me 4 dolla'
Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby NHsorter » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:14 am

I was all in WAY before we we dropped to the 19's. Wish I had kept some powder dry. Not too worried. Heck I'll go a full day sometimes without checking spot price. I don't really care what it is right now. I am young enough. I got time. It'll eventually make a come back. If I had paid attention better and played it right, I am sure that I could have massively increased the stack. IF, IF. Hey, on the big run up I made some slick (lucky?) moves to increase the ounces. Got creamed on the way down though. Not gonna dwell on it now. I rode out a big dip. Not letting go of anything until we get MUCH higher. Strong hands here.
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby amalekidad » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:09 pm

I'm not all in. The 'spare' room has NO silver and the safe does not either
Wink wink. I'm thinking that cost averaging is my best option - this is
My retirement plan
Now if the kids would quit 'borrowing' money from me I would have more
after bills & emergency fund $ to risk on pms
amalekidad
Penny Collector Member

Postby Treetop » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Ive been all in for awhile now. Last I bought was about 34 an ounce I believe. Thought for sure it was headed up at the time. Sad I didnt wait and get more ounces, but Im not concerned about it in the long term. I feel for you guys who didnt join the party earlier and only bought in at higher prices. Overall my average is still well under the current price. Have to say I thought I had a decent grasp of the market, but apparently I dont understand it AT ALL. I am still convinced about the long term trends though.

I never bought silver as an investment per se anyway, more of an insurance.
Treetop
Super Post Hoarder

Postby penny pretty » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:20 pm

my god I am ITCHING to buy..cant now, and cant complain about it.just closed may 1st on my first house. the expenses emptied me out for bullion purchases. However, I locked in a 3.25% rate with a VA loan!(higher now) my 30 year mortgage is $639.(as opposed to my old $650 rent) I would BUY BUY BUY right now! but Im making some popcorn, and watching the show.. Peace!
"Is that a roll of pennies in your pocket?" "Why yes miss, it is... why do you ask?"
penny pretty
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Engineer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:48 pm

penny pretty wrote:my god I am ITCHING to buy..cant now, and cant complain about it.just closed may 1st on my first house. the expenses emptied me out for bullion purchases. However, I locked in a 3.25% rate with a VA loan!(higher now) my 30 year mortgage is $639.(as opposed to my old $650 rent) I would BUY BUY BUY right now! but Im making some popcorn, and watching the show.. Peace!

During the first few years of your mortgage, do yourself a favor and make an extra principal payment every month before investing in other stuff. Every extra dollar you put towards that note today will save you 3+ dollars (but more importantly months of your freedom) in the future.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby tn-dave » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:49 pm

penny pretty wrote:my god I am ITCHING to buy..cant now, and cant complain about it.just closed may 1st on my first house. the expenses emptied me out for bullion purchases. However, I locked in a 3.25% rate with a VA loan!(higher now) my 30 year mortgage is $639.(as opposed to my old $650 rent) I would BUY BUY BUY right now! but Im making some popcorn, and watching the show.. Peace!

Wow, that's a great rate. Congrats.. I agree with Engineer, if you could afford to pay even 750 or 800 a month it would knock off years of payments and bunch of interest $$ (you might be able to find dome kind of calculator on-line) We refinanced and locked in a 20 yr fixed we're planning on paying off in 15.
tn-dave
Penny Collector Member

Postby johnbrickner » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:02 am

Not all in at all. Waiting and watching, patiently. Waiting and watching and thinking about learning how to weave . . . a tartan style kilt. The most able wife just picked up a $3000+ loom with major accessories for the cost of moving it. Gotta love that girl's ability to see value and get it.
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby Jonflyfish » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:29 pm

Jonflyfish wrote:
purple and gold wrote:i am retired with a small monthly income and i went "all in" last week and i am glad i did,,can anyone show me a better place to invest right now?? I think not!

Perhaps Texas tea. Fill up your cars now. Next week 4 dolla gas. 4 dolla gas please...pay me 4 dolla'
Cheers!

Still in play. Pay me 4 dolla'

Cheers!
Jonflyfish
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals