And you thought unsearched wheat bags were funny

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

And you thought unsearched wheat bags were funny

Postby Morsecode » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:15 am

How about a nice bag of "gold bearing" dirt?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 1070570208
Let's Go Brandon Kamala
Morsecode
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: And you thought unsearched wheat bags were funny

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:33 am

nice scam... how much does it cost to insert one tiny flake of gold into a pound of mud? This guy will actually sell that stuff!! :shock:

"there's a sucker born every minute" :sick:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby galenrog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Yes, these will sell. Some buyers believe they will get rich quick. Some buyers want to hone their panning skills. Some are just curious. And yes, many sellers salt their bags of concentrates, while others do not. As long as the description in accurate I have no problem with these sellers.
Mine Gold, Buy Silver. It Fills the Safe Faster.
galenrog
Penny Collector Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:44 pm

It's not a scam.

I gave an RC member a SFRB of black sand. I assure you, there is plenty of small gold in that sand. I just don't want to hassle getting it out.

There is a ditch behind my house. Every shovel full of dirt from that ditch shows color. It's a bitch humping the dirt back home where I can pan it though.

I might consider selling the black sand on e-bay. I don't think that is unethical, do you?

But that's the cool thing about e-bay, you can sell anything.

Who was it that had the huge wasp nest under their house (old RC post)? That thing would sell for a couple hundred bucks or more on e-bay?
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:05 pm

A RC member was very generous and gave me some gold bearing black sand. I was going to separate the gold with a chlorine leach process. The only trouble is, I need a powerful fume hood to keep from inhaling the chlorine gasses.

It is still siting on my desk waiting for me to get around to it, but now I kinda like it the way it is. ;)

If you buy black sand from Thogey, I can vouch it's got color in it. :thumbup:
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:25 am

If black sand is mixed really well with mercury, will the gold amalgamate and the sand drop out? Maybe run the mixture in a tumbler for a while to extract the gold from the sand?
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby IdahoCopper » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:30 am

How much do you want for black sand, Thogey? My friend has a shaker table that will extract all the gold.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby cesariojpn » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:29 am

Wait, when was Florida a gold producing region?
cesariojpn
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby rainsonme » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:34 pm

Before you go panning for the first time, it is good to take a known bag of gold bearing dirt and pan it, to learn the technique, and to know what gold looks like in a pan. This is especailly good if you are going to take kids panning, and dont want them collecting vials of yellow rock. I bought a gold baring bag of dirt a few years back; you can see the gold in it, and I never panned it out, but used it to show my kids and their friends what to look for.
rainsonme
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Thogey » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:42 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:If black sand is mixed really well with mercury, will the gold amalgamate and the sand drop out? Maybe run the mixture in a tumbler for a while to extract the gold from the sand?

There is a method where you roll the mercury around in black sand then you take the amalgam and bake it in a potato (it think with nitric acid). The mercury absorbs into the potato leaving the gold.

My dad used this technique when I was a kid. Highly toxic and irresponsible, by today's standards.

But I'll tell you what, those were damn tasty potatoes!
Last edited by Thogey on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I have the gift of prophesy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to move mountains but do not have love I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned but do not have love it profits me nothing.
Thogey

Postby Engineer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Thogey wrote:But I'll tell you what, though those were damn tasty potatoes!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well played, sir...well played.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 pm

Thogey wrote:
IdahoCopper wrote:If black sand is mixed really well with mercury, will the gold amalgamate and the sand drop out? Maybe run the mixture in a tumbler for a while to extract the gold from the sand?

There is a method where you roll the mercury around in black sand then you take the amalgam and bake it in a potato (it think with nitric acid). The mercury absorbs into the potato leaving the gold.

My dad used this technique when I was a kid. Highly toxic and irresponsible, by today's standards.

But I'll tell you what, those were damn tasty potatoes!

:lol: The first time I heard you say that blew me away! I swallowed it hook, line, and sinker! :lol:

The chlorine leech process I wanted to use is absolute. You get every molecule of gold out of the black sand. Chlorine is cheap, so it is affordable. The problem is you release chlorine gas and need to deal with it. The last couple of times I did it I employed a large fan to blow the fumes away. It didn't work too well. I still got sick. I decided not to do it again until I had the proper safety fume hood to carry away the gases.

Be safe, gents!
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Thogey » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:25 pm

beauanderos wrote:nice scam... how much does it cost to insert one tiny flake of gold into a pound of mud? This guy will actually sell that stuff!! :shock:

"there's a sucker born every minute" :sick:

I've had 3 inquiries for purchasing black sand/concentrate since this thread started.
Thogey

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals