war nickels..good or bad deal?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

war nickels..good or bad deal?

Postby JustINaVW » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:43 pm

I stoped by my LCS and he knows i like nickels. He has 25 war nics for $35. Good or bad deal? Ive never bought coins, just find them CRH.
JustINaVW
Penny Pincher Member

Re: war nickels..good or bad deal?

Postby Engineer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Terrible deal. I could see maybe up to melt, but 27% above melt for war nics is crazy talk.
Engineer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby JustINaVW » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:40 pm

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that but i was basing it off ebay prices. I think ill jist stick to paying .05 for them.
JustINaVW
Penny Pincher Member

Postby smackvay » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:37 pm

I have several hundred at at spot price dlvd if you are looking to purchase any
and 25 for 35 is high
WVU fan thru and thru, Just ask i will tell you
smackvay
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Z00 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:18 pm

smackvay wrote:I have several hundred at at spot price dlvd if you are looking to purchase any
and 25 for 35 is high

I buy war nickels when I can get them shipped cheaply. As I am a small time stacker, I would not expect a seller to ship 1 or 2 rolls at coinflation melt for free. However if I can get them at not too much over melt/shipped I would pay that, but surely not 25 for 35.
“Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- opening lines of 101 Things To Do 'Til The Revolution by Claire Wolfe
Z00
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals