LCS spread on 90%

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

LCS spread on 90%

Postby messymessy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:04 pm

What's the spread on 90% silver at your LCS?

I had someone tell me today that the local coin stores were paying 13x for 90% silver and selling at 15x. I've been working lots of hours and don't get home in time to call around. I can't help but think my friend is misinformed.
messymessy
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: LCS spread on 90%

Postby Country » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:16 pm

I'd bet you can sell all you want here at 15X for decent 90%.

Bullion Direct is paying 15.5X; Tulving is paying spot+1.80 (approximately 16X). Tuvling is for $1000 bags, but the rate for BD is for smaller quantities.

On the buy side, BD is 18X; Tulving is spot + $3.19 or 16.9X.
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:41 pm

On Friday of last week, buying at $15 and selling at $15.55.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Country wrote:I'd bet you can sell all you want here at 15X for decent 90%.

Bullion Direct is paying 15.5X; Tulving is paying spot+1.80 (approximately 16X). Tuvling is for $1000 bags, but the rate for BD is for smaller quantities.

On the buy side, BD is 18X; Tulving is spot + $3.19 or 16.9X.

APMEX is paying close to 16.4X... good luck finding any sellers willing to undercut that, when they can just sell to them :shifty:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals