Great Article "Mexican Silver – Production Collapse!"

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Great Article "Mexican Silver – Production Collapse!"

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:01 am

well worth the read, no comment needed from me:

http://blog.milesfranklin.com/mexican-s ... n-collapse
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Re: Great Article "Mexican Silver – Production Collapse!"

Postby sparechange » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Good article, and it is interesting how US mining of silver doesn't seem to meet even the demand by our own mint.
Always drink upstream from politicians, they tend to foul things up.
sparechange
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby neilgin1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:38 pm

sparechange wrote:Good article, and it is interesting how US mining of silver doesn't seem to meet even the demand by our own mint.

I noticed that...isn't there some "law" that stipulates that silver Eagles are required to be of US silver?....
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby Computer Jones » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:08 am

neilgin1 wrote:
sparechange wrote:Good article, and it is interesting how US mining of silver doesn't seem to meet even the demand by our own mint.

I noticed that...isn't there some "law" that stipulates that silver Eagles are required to be of US silver?....

I think the law goes something like "coin for business use shall be struck with domestically produced metals".

Since bullion coins (and Proofs maybe?) aren't intended for business use, we get "South of the Border" ores in the fancy shiny stuff as well as USofA Medals.

The stories about using Mummy wrappings to make fiat are pretty interesting if you start researching "Money" composition over the years.
Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals