Silver - $27 going to Zero! Call your boss..beg for job back

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: Silver Was $20 now $21....Going sideways

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:25 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
CardsNCoins wrote:
scyther wrote:4th consecutive higher.....

Yet Doc the bear could only muster a sideways in the title.

you will not see me "backing up the truck" at this level.

I wouldn't bet my life that we just saw the generational low, but stockpiles appear to be depleting somewhat and some mines are closing because they are no longer generating cash flow. you have to go with your convictions.

I'm thinking we're going to retrace late 2010 and early 2011 (with some dips in there) but will test $50 by late Spring 2014 or earlier. Regardless, I'm accumulating. PMs and long term storage food preps.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:30 am

slickeast wrote:Doc,

It's all perspective. A long time ago people thought if you went too far out into the ocean you would fall off of the earth. The Earth also looks flat from outer space.

And something you will understand. The girl across the bar starts looking better and better with every beer.

Its all in how you look at things

Solid post. :thumbup:

So to Ray, Barry, or any other paper player.......is today a buy uslv or zsl day? Where are we tomorrow?
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby beauanderos » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:55 am

Rodebaugh wrote:
slickeast wrote:Doc,

It's all perspective. A long time ago people thought if you went too far out into the ocean you would fall off of the earth. The Earth also looks flat from outer space.

And something you will understand. The girl across the bar starts looking better and better with every beer.

Its all in how you look at things

Solid post. :thumbup:

So to Ray, Barry, or any other paper player.......is today a buy uslv or zsl day? Where are we tomorrow?

This has already run higher than I expected... I have an order in for more shares of ZSL at $82.66. Once I show a profit on my current ZSL (bought at $92.97) I'm going to start taking smaller profits on the downside, playing a thesis that scyther pointed out earlier. I think we're still rangebound in a $1.50 channel, but it is beginning to trend upwards. :thumbup:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby Rodebaugh » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:17 pm

15:40 Buy 100 ZSL @ 83.55
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby mbailey1234 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:28 pm

It's been a while.... Getting close to being back to sea level after that roller coaster ride down.

Here's my approach to protect part of my position. Bought about 40 days for right at $0.30 option premium with a max loss of $1.87 from the $20.5824 point on SLV. I'm holding for $25 but also see the possibility of new lows along the way.... :?

SLV - 12:24:45
Sold 300s @ $20.5824 - Total: $6,167.61

SLV 19.00 SEP 13 C - 12:22:36
Bought to Open 3c @ $1.87 - Total: $571.75

Only time will tell!
mbailey1234
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:10 pm

Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby scyther » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Not really up today, but more importantly, not down! I expected it to drop. I glad it was able to hold it's gains.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Country » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Sold your ZSL yet?
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:31 pm

Melt up in progress... The black hole from $26 to $22 on the way down should be the void of resistance on the way up! If so, the jump higher will be very quick indeed... :mrgreen:

GOLD cruising above $1350 will be the catalyst...

GOLD NOW $1350 !!
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. ~Chief Seattle, 1855
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Rodebaugh » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Country wrote:Sold your ZSL yet?

Not yet.......but I am watching it like a hawk. ;)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby SoFa » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:11 pm

Unfortunately it's going to need to go back down eventually to fill in the gaps.
SoFa
Penny Collector Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:22 pm

I'd like to get excited but I'll be too focused on trying to balance resources to see how I can further add to the stack before prices rise back into the 30s for silver and 1600s for gold.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby scyther » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:56 pm

It's hard not too, but I don't think we should get too excited until gold makes a new post-june-crash high. Silver has, but gold hasn't. I agree that IF it can get over the $22-23 range, it might quickly go up to 26. But the resistance there should even stronger. I would be VERY surprised to see 27+ without some outside event propelling it that high.
267,500 pennies and 186,000 nickels searched. Hand sorter.
10/13/18
scyther
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:20 pm

Silver spent most of two years at 30+, very recently, so why anyone would be surprised that we'll see it there again? Not sure if it'll be "soon" but I'd take a modest bet that we'll see it there again by next year.
68Camaro

Re: Silver Was $20 now $21....Flirting With $22

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:43 pm

Quick, somebody smarter than me tell me if I should back up the truck. Is the last time we'll see silver in the $21.XX range?
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby CardsNCoins » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:00 pm

shinnosuke wrote:Quick, somebody smarter than me tell me if I should back up the truck. Is the last time we'll see silver in the $21.XX range?

Ask Barrytrot. :roll:

Just kidding with you Barry.
CardsNCoins
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby shinnosuke » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:13 pm

CardsNCoins wrote:
shinnosuke wrote:Quick, somebody smarter than me tell me if I should back up the truck. Is the last time we'll see silver in the $21.XX range?

I said "smarter" than me.

Just kidding with you Barry...not.
When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them... (Thomas Jefferson)
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:15 pm

shinnosuke wrote:
CardsNCoins wrote:

:lol: No offense meant Barry. It's just funny! :lol:
Last edited by Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I die, I want to go like Grandpa did. He died in his sleep..... Not screaming and hollering like all the passengers in his car.
Sheikh_yer_Bu'Tay
Super Post Hoarder

Postby NHsorter » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:50 am

shinnosuke wrote:
CardsNCoins wrote:

Yeah, I just laughed out loud at this and got a funny look. Guess I should get back to work. :roll:
“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety” Benjamin Franklin
NHsorter
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:14 am

Probably not smarter than you. Good looking, yeah probably better at that.....but not smarter.

But here is what I am doing. Buying at targets

50 ounces at 22
50 ounces at 23
50 ounces at 24
ect.

Or

50 ounces at 22
50 ounces at 21
50 ounces at 20
ect.

It spot holds for more than 2 months in the 20-23 range where I have already purchased my 50oz lots ....buy another 50 there.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby shinnosuke » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:22 am

Rodebaugh wrote:

Probably not smarter than you. Good looking, yeah probably better at that.....but not smarter.

But here is what I am doing. Buying at targets

50 ounces at 22
50 ounces at 23
50 ounces at 24
ect.

Or

50 ounces at 22
50 ounces at 21
50 ounces at 20
ect.

If spot holds for more than 2 months in the 20-23 range where I have already purchased my 50oz lots ....buy another 50 there.

Best advice on realcent this year. Takes the sense of panic right out of the air. Very good, Doc. And, yes, I admit defeat in the looks category.
shinnosuke
Super Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:09 am

Country......I just closed out my ZSL @ 78.55.
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:01 pm

Country wrote:Melt up in progress... The black hole from $26 to $22 on the way down should be the void of resistance on the way up! If so, the jump higher will be very quick indeed... :mrgreen:

GOLD NOW $1360 !!

SILVER NOW $22.55 !!

I do not believe PM gaps will need to be filled, as we are coming out of the PM black hole in a violent way. As the PM momentum increases, resistance levels above will be taken out quickly. The US stock market looks weak. Sentiment, ever so bullish for so long, appears to be collapsing. Sometimes it's all about sentiment, and the herd moves in a panic one way or another. :|
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby Country » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:06 pm

Rodebaugh wrote:Country......I just closed out my ZSL @ 78.55.

Good Move! It's now dropped to $72.11 !! :thumbup:
Country
Realcent Moderator

Postby InfleXion » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Broke $23 for a minute there, and yes stocks look weak, but it isn't just that. It appears that money is rotating out of stocks and into metals. This burst in price came in the NYMEX only so I have to wonder if it was JPM further increasing their long position? And is the fundamental shift we've been expecting finally underway? This could just be the beginning, but this market has trained me not to get too excited.

Country wrote:
Country wrote:Melt up in progress... The black hole from $26 to $22 on the way down should be the void of resistance on the way up! If so, the jump higher will be very quick indeed... :mrgreen:

GOLD NOW $1360 !!

SILVER NOW $22.55 !!

I do not believe PM gaps will need to be filled, as we are coming out of the PM black hole in a violent way. As the PM momentum increases, resistance levels above will be taken out quickly. The US stock market looks weak. Sentiment, ever so bullish for so long, appears to be collapsing. Sometimes it's all about sentiment, and the herd moves in a panic one way or another. :|
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

PreviousNext

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals