Selling scrap sterling silver best way?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Selling scrap sterling silver best way?

Postby Coppercrazy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:03 pm

Looks like I might need to sell off some sterling to pay off some bills. I used to occasionally list scrap on ebay (haven't for a few years) where I think you loose about 10% in fees,then of course back then stuff would go for about 15% under as I recall. Midwest refineries claims to pay 90% which seems like a decent offer-considering ebay -if bidders are only paying 85% to 90% then your'e hit with fees-isnt it better to go direct to a refiner? or are people paying 100% or more melt on ebay like how the premiums are crazy stupid on junk silver? Im looking to sell 3 to 5 pounds and it is all scrap or crappy monogrammed silverware no jewelery or collector value.
Coppercrazy
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Selling scrap sterling silver best way?

Postby frugi » Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:44 pm

selling it on realcent is the best way. I would list it on here at 90% of spot, and I bet you will sell it. If you post some pictures that really helps. I like functional sterling, especially flatware.........I would be somewhat interested myself to see what you have.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Postby mishra142 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:02 am

Check out scrapmans offer in the wanted to buy area:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10821
old feedback link:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10854
mishra142
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby hobo finds » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:45 am

I believe Market Harmony purchases it.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=54
hobo finds
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby frugi » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:18 pm

i buy it as well, especially flatware, if it interests me I would pay over spot.
https://pre82.com/
SELLING CENTS ^^
frugi
Post Hoarder

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals