Walkers cost more than ASEs?

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Walkers cost more than ASEs?

Postby aaa30040 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:14 pm

I haven't been paying attention or buying as prices have been going down, but I noticed today on tulving that ASEs cost less than walkers? Is this new? Will it stay this way?
aaa30040
Penny Pincher Member

Re: Walkers cost more than ASEs?

Postby neilgin1 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:05 pm

aaa30040 wrote:I haven't been paying attention or buying as prices have been going down, but I noticed today on tulving that ASEs cost less than walkers? Is this new? Will it stay this way?

I don't if it will STAY that way, but I've watched $10 face Walker rolls of GEM/BU's trade at wild prices, 65 to 80 times face, which is well over a $100 a toz.....and these were all early 40's solid date rolls.....I've seen a 30's era, GEM BU roll, and I think it went for 90 times...I think.
neilgin1
Post Hoarder

Postby KCBob31.1 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:09 pm

There's a BIN for 35$.
KCBob31.1

Postby AGgressive Metal » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:43 am

Anything from that time period is very expensive in BU except 1940s wheats and mercs - the Buffalos, Walkers, and Barbers all tend to wear down the details quickly just from normal circulation.
And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel
For nothyng is better than lyberte
For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world
-Aesop's Fables, Caxton edition 1484

http://stores.ebay.com/commonwealthcurrency
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pdx_metal
AGgressive Metal
Realcent Moderator

Postby everything » Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:53 pm

I've noticed it as well, halves, and silver dollars are really expensive, can't remember the last time I saw a peace or morgan less than an eagle - I just buy .999 instead. Lately I've noticed silver halves seem to be just as popular as the silver dollars. Also, you don't see silver dollars sold at 17x, etc. anymore, they are all priced individually, and at set prices. One LCS breaks down dollars into three different grades, crap, medium, and AU, $30, $38, & $44. The other LCS $30, and yet another that I stopped in this weekend had morgans for $25.
Lately, I've noticed people asking over spot for 40% - pretty amazing.
everything
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby thegus » Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:10 pm

dang that's crazy
just keep stacking just keep stacking just keep stacking
thegus

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals