$3000 gold? Some are putting big money on that bet;

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

$3000 gold? Some are putting big money on that bet;

Postby fb101 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:03 pm

Good article ;
http://numismaster.com/ta/numis/Article ... =238143886

"The surprise development last week occurred in the COMEX gold options market. Last Wednesday, the December 2015 gold options contract with a contract price of $3,000 per ounce was the most actively traded contract of any month and of any contract price level. About 7,250 call option contracts were purchased, signifying potential physical demand for 725,000 ounces."
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Re: $3000 gold? Some are putting big money on that bet;

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:40 pm

Very interesting.
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby Rodebaugh » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:48 pm

I'm calling hog wash.

$3.20 close on these options...... Max of $23,200 spent to buy these options. Truth be told probably less than $15K as I am sure they were priced much lower before the purchase glut drove them up.

This is nothing more than a scratch off ticket for the wealthy at best.

BTW, I hope that I am wrong on this one. But, i'm not.
This space for rent. :)
Rodebaugh
Realcent Moderator

Postby blackrabbit » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks Doc!
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered....The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
-Thomas Jefferson
blackrabbit
Post Hoarder

Postby fb101 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:26 pm

May be, but I won't forget how someone bought many dec gold 1950 options a couple of years ago at a time when gold was trading around $1450 -
They went a lot cheaper than 3.20 too.
Wish I'd jumped on that bandwagon.
Well, I'm not telling anyone to jump in, but I'm not going to hope it goes back to $800 either.
fb101
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby InfleXion » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:30 pm

$3000 gold and $50 silver will likely never happen. If prices start getting up that high it will mean that confidence in fiat is lost, in which case we will be well on our way to measuring prices in metal again instead of dollars. That's not to say that the buying power won't someday be the equivalent of $10000 gold and $1000 silver in today's dollars, whatever fair value is, which we haven't seen in at least a century, but for metals to reach fair value will require that the paper experiment is ended.
Silver: the Rodney Dangerfield of precious metals.

If it's printed on a piece of paper it's worth the paper it's printed on.
If it's a digital asset it's worth the electrons in cyberspace.
InfleXion
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals