Engelhard Premium

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Engelhard Premium

Postby silverstacker » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:37 pm

Quick question for you. How much of a premium over spot would you pay for Engelhard rounds (prospector rounds)?
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Re: Engelhard Premium

Postby cooyon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Spot + 3.00 max.
cooyon
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby Rastatodd » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:20 am

I for one collect Engelhard bars over "prospector" rounds, I find bars to be quite liquid. Premium will be some what higher for the bars than the rounds but you have the peace of mind when you need the cash in an emergency. Just one man's two cents. ;)
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby IdahoCopper » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:21 am

Rastatodd wrote:I for one collect Engelhard bars over "prospector" rounds, I find bars to be quite liquid. Premium will be some what higher for the bars than the rounds but you have the peace of mind when you need the cash in an emergency. Just one man's two cents. ;)

What is the fair premium for 10oz Englehard bars?
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby Rastatodd » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:30 am

IdahoCopper wrote:
Rastatodd wrote:I for one collect Engelhard bars over "prospector" rounds, I find bars to be quite liquid. Premium will be some what higher for the bars than the rounds but you have the peace of mind when you need the cash in an emergency. Just one man's two cents. ;)

What is the fair premium for 10oz Englehard bars?

Poured or extruded?
Rastatodd
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby christostock » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:49 am

They don't make a 10 oz extruded. Only struck or poured.The only extruded bar is the 100 ounce bar.
Extruded is sorta like a playdough machine that pushes out a continuous run and the run is chopped off at the length to make each bar 100 ounces. You can see the horizontal lines on the edge where it was extruded from the Playdough machine.
Poured premiums will vary greatly depending on what type of poured bar you are considering.
the lowest poured bar premium is about $2.5 - $4 over and then up from there depending on desirability and of course if you can find buyers willing to pay bigger premiums.
Below is a picture of an Extruded Engelhard
Attachments
Extruded 100 oz bar.jpg
Extruded 100 oz bar.jpg (5.66 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby silverstacker » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:42 pm

christostock wrote:They don't make a 10 oz extruded. Only struck or poured.The only extruded bar is the 100 ounce bar.
Extruded is sorta like a playdough machine that pushes out a continuous run and the run is chopped off at the length to make each bar 100 ounces. You can see the horizontal lines on the edge where it was extruded from the Playdough machine.
Poured premiums will vary greatly depending on what type of poured bar you are considering.
the lowest poured bar premium is about $2.5 - $4 over and then up from there depending on desirability and of course if you can find buyers willing to pay bigger premiums.

Thats a great example I didnt know there was that much of a difference between the poured bars. Thanks for sharing.
“The Bitterness of Poor Quality Lingers Long after the Sweetness of Low Price is forgotten”
silverstacker
Penny Hoarding Member

Postby dae2dae » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:00 pm

silverstacker wrote:
christostock wrote:They don't make a 10 oz extruded. Only struck or poured.The only extruded bar is the 100 ounce bar.

Thats a great example I didnt know there was that much of a difference between the poured bars. Thanks for sharing.

if you are going to step in to the engelhard poured bar market I would suggest perusing this site to make you a little more familiar with varietes. The market for these poured engelhards fluctuates greatly but the pressed range from around 1-3 over spot for run of the mill and for the rarer varieties of the pressed see Chis' advice
christostock wrote: from there depending on desirability and of course if you can find buyers willing to pay bigger premiums.

http://allengelhard.com/the-collections/engelhard/
p.s. stay away from any extruded 10 oz bars you find :?
:lol:
dae2dae
Penny Sorter Member

Postby christostock » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:29 pm

silverstacker wrote:

Some 10oz engelhard poured bars can be as much as $30, $40 over spot and sometimes even more than that!!!
Now accepting direct payments through Wells Fargo bank and TD bank.
christostock
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals