Turned a family member onto sorting halves

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Turned a family member onto sorting halves

Postby Pennysaved » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:54 am

I've been telling my mom about my success with half sorting and have been trying to talk her or my sister into sorting them since they live on the opposite side of the country.

My sister got her college tuition loan check yesterday and went to the bank to deposit it.

She decided to ask the teller if they had halves and they had $165 face.

She found $9 face of halves from 1964 to 1969; my mom couldn't remember how many were 90% and how many were 40%

My sister told my mom she didn't think that was a very good find.

I told my mom that was a very good find considering she only bought $165.

They live in a more rural area so don't have as many bank options but hopefully they will keep it up.
Pennysaved
Super Post Hoarder

Re: Turned a family member onto sorting halves

Postby misteroman » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:32 am

dang, great score there! heck with college just buy halves
misteroman
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby Lemon Thrower » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:26 am

that would even be a good score if she had searched $1,000.

if you assume the worst that they were all 40%, then she made $65 bucks in a few minutes time. if a third were 90%, then she made about $100 bucks.
Lets Go Brandon!
Lemon Thrower
Super Post Hoarder

Postby scrapper2010 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:39 pm

That sounds similiar to how I started in late November. 22 40%s and 2 90%s in the first 30 rolls I ever got, then five boxes later only 1 40%, but the more I read this forum the more I realized that you will have dry spells. Hope her luck continues!(and mine).
Old feedback thread viewtopic.php?f=32&t=3581
scrapper2010
Penny Hoarding Member

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals