The churn continues

This forum is for discussing hunting and collecting US and Canadian circulation Silver Bullion Coins, other types of minted bullion, and other types of precious and base metal investments other than Bullion Pennies and Nickels.

Please Note: These articles are to inform your thinking, not lead it. Only you can decide the best place for your money, and any decision you make will put your money at risk. Information or data included here may have already been overtaken by events – and must be verified elsewhere – should you choose to act on it.

Re: The churn continues

Postby slickeast » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:04 am

Another day in the churn
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast
Too Busy Posting to Hoard Anything Else

Postby beauanderos » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:12 pm

why should today be any different? :sick: :roll: :lol:
The Hand of God moves WorldsImage
beauanderos

Postby thesilvertiger » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:18 am

beauanderos wrote:why should today be any different? :sick: :roll: :lol:

It won't be. But.........ONE ......day........!
thesilvertiger
Penny Sorter Member

Postby 68Camaro » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:27 am

Yep, we are still churning, but some slight differences at this week's close that might (or might not) be significant. Gold didn't stay down during the beatings - and is now at a recent high of $1270 and they've not been able to keep it below their recent $1250 max target. Silver is still being affected - they were able to cap the gains this week and push it down, but they couldn't get it down as far and the low is creeping up. If we consider the week's close a low, it's now hitting a cycle low of $20 instead of $19 or less.

Given the equity market drop this week (small, but I heard a tinge of panic in the voices of the MSM commenters last night, which I thought was odd given that it was a minor 2% drop), this is some small change worth watching. Let's see what the Asian market opens do Sunday night.
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:21 pm

thesilvertiger wrote:

And when that day comes... silver will shoot up $2, $3 in a single session. You'll kick yourself for not buying the day before, and your jaw will drop at how rapidly all the precious metals are rising. You'll think "maybe I should stop fence sitting and actually buy something," but it will be too late. You'll go to the buy section and see that nothing is listed... or as soon as something is it's only up for a few moments before selling out. It will be TOO LATE to buy! When that rocket launch ignites, if you aren't already ensconced in the cockpit... you'll be one of the mournful masses scorched by the gouts of flame as she lifts off.

It's one thing to be ignorant of the pitfalls of fiat... it's totally another to be a knowledgeable member her attempting to outguess the markets to achieve that last few cents of a better buy, knowing that some day a sudden revaluation of the metals was going to occur once the manipulations stopped, and to be caught out of having made a purchase with money intended for that purpose because you were still waiting for the "best" entry point. :roll:
beauanderos

Postby pennypicker » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:31 pm

68Camaro wrote:Silver is still being affected - they were able to cap the gains this week and push it down, but they couldn't get it down as far and the low is creeping up. If we consider the week's close a low, it's now hitting a cycle low of $20 instead of $19 or less.

Good eye. Being a newbie forex spot silver trader I track silver diligently and in recent weeks $19.50 has been my personal support level with $20.30 being resistance. This week with silver creeping upward I have adjusted my support level to $20.00 and maintained resistance at $20.30. Currently $20 silver and below is a good buy (both physical & paper)--heck it cost that much just to mine it--at least that's what the mining CEO's say :)
"If I had to pick one player to take the last shot to win the game I would pick Michael Jordan...if I had to pick one player to take the last shot to save my life I would pick Larry Bird"--PAT RILEY, L.A. Lakers Head Coach

"I'd rather play against Michael Jordan than Larry Bird...Jordan made you look bad but Bird made you look stupid!"--JAMES WORTHLY, Laker Hall-of-Famer
pennypicker
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Postby thesilvertiger » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:27 pm

beauanderos wrote:
thesilvertiger wrote:

And when that day comes... silver will shoot up $2, $3 in a single session. You'll kick yourself for not buying the day before, and your jaw will drop at how rapidly all the precious metals are rising. You'll think "maybe I should stop fence sitting and actually buy something," but it will be too late. You'll go to the buy section and see that nothing is listed... or as soon as something is it's only up for a few moments before selling out. It will be TOO LATE to buy! When that rocket launch ignites, if you aren't already ensconced in the cockpit... you'll be one of the mournful masses scorched by the gouts of flame as she lifts off.

It's one thing to be ignorant of the pitfalls of fiat... it's totally another to be a knowledgeable member her attempting to outguess the markets to achieve that last few cents of a better buy, knowing that some day a sudden revaluation of the metals was going to occur once the manipulations stopped, and to be caught out of having made a purchase with money intended for that purpose because you were still waiting for the "best" entry point. :roll:

Oh Mr. Beau,
That ONE day was not sarcasm. I truly believe that day is coming. This sub-$20 sale will not last forever. I also know that I am no where near smart enough to time any type of market. Until two weeks ago, there was no "fence post" sitting in this camp. I would buy at least twice a month from my LCS. I think he knew the sound of my work truck pulling into his parking lot. I bought all I could with all I had to buy with. I would pack my lunch to have more powder to buy with. I have been buying that way since the early 90s. What has changed in the last two weeks? Have I rethought things and decided this is crazy? Have I found a better investment? The answer to all three questions is a huge"NO". My wife's job has caused us to move from South Louisiana to North Georgia. I am now actively looking for work. That stack that made the trek with us, now stands as an insurance policy to ensure we will be okay until I find a job. Oh, Mr. Beau; that day WILL come and we will all be proven correct. I don't always sign in, but I come here daily for voices of reason in an unreasonable world. Your voice, Neil's voice, 68's, slick's, and many others are the one's that offset the outside doubter's voices. I love this place, so please don't count me as one of the "fence post sitters."

Thanks,
Brett
thesilvertiger
Penny Sorter Member

Postby slickeast » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:10 pm

Is the butter ready yet?
You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be....... SLICK
slickeast

Postby beauanderos » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:19 pm

I was finally able to dump some DSLV today, for a $5 profit per share, placed the proceeds back into USLV.
beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:46 am

Keeping my fingers crossed that they can drive the price down to $18.75 or so... which would be enough to trip the sale ($57) of my last 66 shares of DSLV... and then put that money back to work into USLV. Just about time to go all in with USLV.
beauanderos

Postby 68Camaro » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:43 am

Time for another slam. Will they do it?

Gold is slowly creeping up...
In the game of Woke, the goal posts can be moved at any moment, the penalties will apply retroactively and claims of fairness will always lose out to the perpetual right to claim offense.... Bret Stephens
The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it. George Orwell.
We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. Ayn Rand.
68Camaro

Postby NDFarmer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:19 am

68Camaro wrote:Time for another slam. Will they do it?

Sure hope so. Would like to see it break through that $18.00 level for a while so I could buy a good bunch to off set all I bought when it was over $30.00
Copper - the "poorman's" precious metal !!
NDFarmer
Super Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:23 am

68Camaro wrote:Time for another slam. Will they do it?

Gold is slowly creeping up...

not watching the gold... but the silver channel is inching up. I never hit my buy trigger for more USLV on the last drop... we're not seeing the $1.20 - 1.30 band width volatility which was printing before... now it's narrowing to eighty or ninety cents, makes it tougher to set orders and make a quick profit. So far, since I started these games, I'm up eleven percent... nothing to write home about :roll: I have an order to buy 100 shares of DSLV at 46, so I just need about another two or three cents above today's high.
beauanderos

Re: The churn continues - has baseline reset?

Postby 68Camaro » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:26 pm

It certainly looks like JPM is giving ground. The question that time will tell is whether or not they will draw new lines in the sand, or allow the bull surge to restart. (They might not know themselves, for it comes down to how they can make the most money and they they may be adjusting on the fly.)
68Camaro

Re: The churn continues - has baseline reset?

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:03 pm

68Camaro wrote:It certainly looks like JPM is giving ground. The question that time will tell is whether or not they will draw new lines in the sand, or allow the bull surge to restart. (They might not know themselves, for it comes down to how they can make the most money and they they may be adjusting on the fly.)

If they do give ground, it'll be gradual so as not to excite the masses. They're letting gold creep up a bit every day. Maybe that's the best they can do in suppressing the price? Or they've set a slow gains algorithm to entice the recently burned back into the market so that they can maim and kill the merely injured the next go around. :sick:
beauanderos

Postby IdahoCopper » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:41 pm

If JPM has the largest hoard of physical, sooner or later they will switch operations to allow the price to rise, instead of squashing it every other day.
- - - -
IdahoCopper
Post Hoarder

Postby beauanderos » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:35 pm

IdahoCopper wrote:If JPM has the largest hoard of physical, sooner or later they will switch operations to allow the price to rise, instead of squashing it every other day.

very true... IF

if they are acting on their own. They can easily see what happens when silver is left alone... it rises. Exactly the reason that they've accumulated their estimated hoard of the largest position ever. However, if they are acting as proxies for the gov't, or agents for the Chinese... then merely as intermediaries they can steer, but not necessarily alter the eventual outcome... the timing of it, that is. As long as it's in the interest of the big entities to suppress prices (whether to accumulate, or preserve the dollar) the game will continue.
beauanderos

Postby johnbrickner » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:59 pm

I'm stymied. Both PMs and the market up significantly today. Whooda thought?
johnbrickner
Post Hoarder

Postby 68Camaro » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:30 pm

Line in the sand was redrawn in a strategic withdrawal, but churning has commenced again with $22 silver and $1340 gold being the upper end, for now.
68Camaro

Postby 68Camaro » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:48 am

Is there anyone here who still doubts the manipulation?
68Camaro

Postby beauanderos » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:49 am

Da Boyz are back in town! :roll:

beauanderos

Postby beauanderos » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:53 am

dumped the last 100 shares of DSLV and converted the proceeds to USLV. Now 100% triple leveraged long. :shifty:
beauanderos

Postby Spikeanator6982 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:02 am

lol, I bought some shares of Dslv near the bottom yesterday.
Spikeanator6982
Penny Collector Member

Previous

Return to Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals